Apple being sued by software security firm over patent infringement
0. phoneArena 21 Mar 2013, 07:17 posted on
There are some companies out there that are yet to take part in all the legal action that has been going on for years in the tech industry. In this latest episode, Software security firm Intertrust Technologies is suing Apple for infringing on its patents in the area of security...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Poor fruit, it is getting 1000000000x lower. :/
30. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5977; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
2. khmer (Posts: 93; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I hope that every companies will file a lawsuit on some patents that Apple used without a licensing agreement, come on and join the court rooms with Apple pie.
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5194; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You can't put a price on fair and reasonable.
6. lyndon420 (Posts: 2092; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
If you can put a price on a generic shape with slightly rounded corners, you can put a price on this. Apple started this, everyone else will finish it.
10. tedkord (Posts: 5935; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
What you mean is all tech ip should be free to Apple, but others should pay through the nose for rectangles with rounded corners.
Your hypocrisy is well known around these parts.
21. YanomamoXtreme (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Mar 2013)
Apple is the only bloody motherf**ker in this whole universe!
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Nothing is fair and reasonable in love and (thermonuclear) WAR
32. Joker (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
So the only option is to steal it and blatantly call it their own creation/invention?
7. lyndon420 (Posts: 2092; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Oh oh...are you finally waking up to apple's business model?
16. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Pot meet kettle. Apple has been abusing patents for years now. Seriously dude, is there a name for what is wrong with you??? Apple could turn into Skynet and try to blow up the human race and you would STILL defend them, wouldn't you.......smh
36. corporateJP (Posts: 2152; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Where do you get your rose-colored glasses from?
Definitely not Google.
11. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Karma.....got to love it. I hope stuff like this gets Apple to back away from the court and get back to improving their products. We need iOS, Android, WP, BB, and all the other up and coming to keep pushing each other to improve.
29. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
i just hope that nokia and bb dont die, nokia is safe for now but bb isnt, hope jolla bring sailfish too
12. medicci37 (Posts: 818; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Call it whatever you want. But stealing is stealing.
13. Topcat488 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Lately, it seems that Apple is getting "SMASHED" from all sides...
Come one, come all, it's "Party time"... Get in line, for "Apple Wine". hehehe
Get it, Apple Whine... Boo hoo :(
14. avin007 (Posts: 139; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Now that amount($440 mn) should quarduple or may go more......
15. cncrim (Posts: 597; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Come on now.... congress need to fix patent legistration. Companies sue each other over stupid stuff. In the end we as comsumer loose the most.
19. Taters (Posts: 3675; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
True, but since Apple is the biggest culprit and took it to the next level, they deserve this.
18. Aeires (unregistered)
"We find it regrettable that we are forced to seek court assistance to resolve this matter."
Sounds like they tried a license deal and was ignored. Could be wrong, but that's my take on it.
23. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
One could definitely come away with that impression from such a statement.
22. YanomamoXtreme (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Mar 2013)
Apple is the only bloody motherf**ker in this whole universe
24. skymitch89 (Posts: 1161; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Good, it's about time that people start putting Apple in its place. When Apple goes to use a patient they claim fair and reasonable use, but when someone uses an Apple patient Apple sues the heck out of them and refuses to listen to the fair and reasonable use.
27. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 679; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Tables have turned now... Well done Intertrust
28. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 679; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Apple Fans keeping eyes closed like always..denying everything... ok.. Sleep well iBoys..Sleep well
31. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Cheers!. keep it coming and Apple will feel the wrath of kratos and be gone evil spirit. This make my day :).