Apple being sued by software security firm over patent infringement
According to Intertrust, which is partly owned by Sony and Philips, Apple has infringed on 15 of its patents with devices like the iPhone, iPad, Mac, and even iTunes and App Store. The security company's chief executive, Talal Shamoon, has said that "Apple makes many great products that use Intertrust's inventions." He goes on to add "Our patents are foundational to modern internet security and trusted computing and result from years of internal research and development. We find it regrettable that we are forced to seek court assistance to resolve this matter."
It's an interesting fact that in 2004, Intertrust has successfully won $440 million from Microsoft over a similar case.
1. xperiaDROID posted on 21 Mar 2013, 07:21 15 0
Poor fruit, it is getting 1000000000x lower. :/
30. Droid_X_Doug posted on 21 Mar 2013, 13:58 3 0
Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
2. khmer posted on 21 Mar 2013, 07:23 15 0
I hope that every companies will file a lawsuit on some patents that Apple used without a licensing agreement, come on and join the court rooms with Apple pie.
6. lyndon420 posted on 21 Mar 2013, 07:32 24 1
If you can put a price on a generic shape with slightly rounded corners, you can put a price on this. Apple started this, everyone else will finish it.
9. TROLL posted on 21 Mar 2013, 07:40 5 0
10. tedkord posted on 21 Mar 2013, 07:52 11 0
What you mean is all tech ip should be free to Apple, but others should pay through the nose for rectangles with rounded corners.
Your hypocrisy is well known around these parts.
21. YanomamoXtreme posted on 21 Mar 2013, 09:42 3 0
Apple is the only bloody motherf**ker in this whole universe!
25. rusticguy posted on 21 Mar 2013, 10:29 0 0
Nothing is fair and reasonable in love and (thermonuclear) WAR
32. Joker posted on 21 Mar 2013, 14:57 1 0
So the only option is to steal it and blatantly call it their own creation/invention?
7. lyndon420 posted on 21 Mar 2013, 07:33 12 1
Oh oh...are you finally waking up to apple's business model?
16. androiddownsouth posted on 21 Mar 2013, 08:52 7 0
Pot meet kettle. Apple has been abusing patents for years now. Seriously dude, is there a name for what is wrong with you??? Apple could turn into Skynet and try to blow up the human race and you would STILL defend them, wouldn't you.......smh
36. corporateJP posted on 21 Mar 2013, 19:50 1 0
Where do you get your rose-colored glasses from?
Definitely not Google.
11. dragonscourgex posted on 21 Mar 2013, 08:24 7 0
Karma.....got to love it. I hope stuff like this gets Apple to back away from the court and get back to improving their products. We need iOS, Android, WP, BB, and all the other up and coming to keep pushing each other to improve.
29. phonemirer posted on 21 Mar 2013, 12:58 0 0
i just hope that nokia and bb dont die, nokia is safe for now but bb isnt, hope jolla bring sailfish too
12. medicci37 posted on 21 Mar 2013, 08:35 3 2
Call it whatever you want. But stealing is stealing.
13. Topcat488 posted on 21 Mar 2013, 08:38 4 0
Lately, it seems that Apple is getting "SMASHED" from all sides...
Come one, come all, it's "Party time"... Get in line, for "Apple Wine". hehehe
Get it, Apple Whine... Boo hoo :(
14. avin007 posted on 21 Mar 2013, 08:39 5 0
Now that amount($440 mn) should quarduple or may go more......
15. cncrim posted on 21 Mar 2013, 08:45 4 0
Come on now.... congress need to fix patent legistration. Companies sue each other over stupid stuff. In the end we as comsumer loose the most.
19. Taters posted on 21 Mar 2013, 09:37 8 1
True, but since Apple is the biggest culprit and took it to the next level, they deserve this.
18. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 21 Mar 2013, 09:07 5 0
"We find it regrettable that we are forced to seek court assistance to resolve this matter."
Sounds like they tried a license deal and was ignored. Could be wrong, but that's my take on it.
23. androiddownsouth posted on 21 Mar 2013, 09:48 0 1
One could definitely come away with that impression from such a statement.
22. YanomamoXtreme posted on 21 Mar 2013, 09:43 3 0
Apple is the only bloody motherf**ker in this whole universe
24. skymitch89 posted on 21 Mar 2013, 10:24 3 0
Good, it's about time that people start putting Apple in its place. When Apple goes to use a patient they claim fair and reasonable use, but when someone uses an Apple patient Apple sues the heck out of them and refuses to listen to the fair and reasonable use.
27. kabhijeet.16 posted on 21 Mar 2013, 11:47 0 0
Tables have turned now... Well done Intertrust
28. kabhijeet.16 posted on 21 Mar 2013, 11:50 0 0
Apple Fans keeping eyes closed like always..denying everything... ok.. Sleep well iBoys..Sleep well
31. shamataa posted on 21 Mar 2013, 14:52 0 0
Cheers!. keep it coming and Apple will feel the wrath of kratos and be gone evil spirit. This make my day :).