Apple becomes the world's second most known and valuable brand
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Oct 2012, 04:10
Apple is growing like a mushroom not only in terms of its pure market capitalization, but also as a brand. Interbrand has just released its annual Best Global Brand Report for 2012…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 03 Oct 2012, 04:15 9 9
Coca Cola FTW.........LOL .........nokia for .....the ....loss??
29. jaoowolabi posted on 03 Oct 2012, 06:51 7 14
me 3... Coca Cola taste weird to me
42. kartik4u98 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 08:44 5 12
Lol on the ones who thumbed us red uselessly..!!
41. kartik4u98 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 08:43 7 5
Hmm..probably because we are Indians!
50. badini007 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 10:38 7 1
No Pepsi No Coco 4 me only natural & fresh Juice ;)
54. kartik4u98 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 13:01 2 1
27. jaoowolabi posted on 03 Oct 2012, 06:49 9 1
dude just stop. after the iP5 came out no one cares anymore
57. anywherehome posted on 03 Oct 2012, 23:48 1 1
I think it is always important to show ill behaviour
58. anywherehome posted on 03 Oct 2012, 23:49 0 1
so will you support such a r*tten company which steals money from everyone who buys ebook?
33. PhenomFaz posted on 03 Oct 2012, 07:10 3 6
Guys relax...Apple is popular...but let's not cconfuse notoriety with fame :)
And PA I have noticed why are you so partial towards apple? I mean they do enough marketing already...we dont need you to do it.
I mean they dont even have market share close to Intel or many other companies yet they have become the number 2 brand based on just their phone???? I mean c'mon its not like the Macs are really making a dent in the PC segment...iPods have already been replaced by iphone or any smartphone for that matter! Their server segment is nowhere close to MS or Linux.
I doubt the autheenticity of this report and PA please no more Apple-sidedness please
38. darkkjedii posted on 03 Oct 2012, 07:42 4 4
Here u go again lmao. Ur hot air could power a balloon dude. Ur haters for apple is so obvious it doesn't even make sense. What did they turn u down for a job or something? Y even bother to read and comment on the article if dislike them so much. I don't like port of subs, so instead of going there to insult them I just don't go at all. Give this a try, since u hate apple so much stay off the apple articles. The apple users don't care trust me.
43. darkkjedii posted on 03 Oct 2012, 09:13 3 3
People like u, and when I say this I'm being specific and general at the same time...make coming to these tech sites very unpleasant for others. Why shoud apple users, or android and any other users for that matter have to come to these sites to b insulted at every turn, jus cuz they wanna talk about the experiences they have with their phones with others? Lets b honest this site is overrun with disrespectful android users who like nothing more than to insult and bash apple users for their choice of iOS.
What's wrong with our choosing of iOS? What's wrong with us for choosing iOS? Y must we b called a 5 letter word beginning with S for that choice? Android users praise choice, so what's wrong with iOS as our choice? Android users praise choice as long as that choice is android and blast others if they don't. I think that's hypocritical, people have the right to buy what they want. Let me ask u a question? I read your posts and I wanna know what u would like to have happen from them? Are you jus blowing hot air do u want apple to crash and burn do u want all their users to switch to android? I mean what is it u want, cuz people don't really care bout your insults they jus want what works for them and would like to express their like on PA without all the insults. Don't u think they're entitled to that.
55. romeoc1984 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 18:03 0 1
Amen to that bro...
2. AppleConspiracy posted on 03 Oct 2012, 04:18 11 4
I said a long time ago... Apple is the greatest culturological event of modern era (from second half of 20th century) since Coca Cola.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 03 Oct 2012, 04:21 5 3
beware apple man.........Googles on the rise!
8. AppleConspiracy posted on 03 Oct 2012, 04:36 9 5
Google is not aestheticized, therefore it cannot become a sign like Coca Cola and Apple. Those are the elementary textbook examples of branding. Google is a mediator, hidden from the semiotic level of culture.
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 03 Oct 2012, 04:45 2 2
and yet they are still..........number 4?? wow seems impressive compared to what apple accomplished being what you said they are and google being "not"
12. AppleConspiracy posted on 03 Oct 2012, 05:10 3 1
This scale is not quite correct since it doesn't represent true culturological values associated with some brand. Google is actually way behind Apple and Coca Cola. It's well known brand, but only because it's omnipresent in media, not because there's signficitaion projected on it's identity.
For all the identity Google has, it's because of Apple's same process of signifiaction as cultural subversion. Same goes for Samsung.
And also, those are timeless scales. As you can see, IBM should be way behind now, but it still holds 3rd place since in one period in recent history it was very popular constitutive element of our tech culture.
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 03 Oct 2012, 05:32 1 1
then by your logic this comparison shouldnt have been made because they are of two separate things.........Google dealing with the media only and apple being a brand...........its like comparing laptops to a clothing line and shoes..... mac book vs nike?
14. AppleConspiracy posted on 03 Oct 2012, 05:43 3 1
No. We are talking about brand recognition. Google is certainly recognizable brand, but it will never be as recognizable as Apple because it doesn't operate primarily on signification on actual physical products with form that can be signified. It's rather signified uncounciously by collateral effect of omnipresencing through Internet media, and therefore it can never be so close to Apple, unless it change its fundamental policy. You were talking about Google rising, right?
21. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 03 Oct 2012, 06:22 1 1
they are rising and quicker than you think....i guess you're looking to see google start their own clothing line or make their own computers like apple does so you would see who is the real winner right?........but i also guess deep down inside you and every other apple fan really and truly dont wanna see that LOL cuz god forbid if apple isnt number one right? lose your pride dude its bad for your health
23. AppleConspiracy posted on 03 Oct 2012, 06:34 1 1
Why do you think I'm Apple fan?
24. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 03 Oct 2012, 06:38 1 1
HAHAHHAHA.........thats a good one man
28. Mittal posted on 03 Oct 2012, 06:50 2 1
possibly bcoz there is a familiar sticker on your back
would u prefer us saying that you just "appreciate Apple for what it has made of itself" ?
30. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 03 Oct 2012, 06:53 0 1
ho ho ho... lol...........i really didnt wanna take it there man but thanks :)
31. AppleConspiracy posted on 03 Oct 2012, 07:04 2 0
Well, it says iGod. Either you don't see because it's small it or you need just a little extra bit of brain to figure that this is sarcastic remark to the cult of Apple's religion.
34. Mittal posted on 03 Oct 2012, 07:11 1 1
Dear Sir, (Now this is sarcasm)
It is not as obvious as u think that u r being sarcastic with that avatar! An Apple fan has as much possibility of chosing it!
32. Mittal posted on 03 Oct 2012, 07:07 0 1
Good thing you write complete and seemingly nice english.
but i am not sure about the word 'omnipresencing'
35. AppleConspiracy posted on 03 Oct 2012, 07:18 1 0
I'm not from english speaking area so I know only "nice english". Omnipresence is an english word, it's used in religious contexts and I used it for a reason. Maybe I have deformed it by putting it to present continuous, though, I wouldn't know.
My sarcastic avatar is not intended to be too obvious. It's a sort of a filter for those who don't understand much about Apple.
60. AshishRomea posted on 04 Oct 2012, 08:19 0 0
without SONY the list is incomplete ! can any of those fighting aroud here answer this question ?
4. tiara6918 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 04:23 0 0
It's hard to believe and accept that apple has so many fanboys all over the world causing the company to be placed second
6. wendygarett posted on 03 Oct 2012, 04:26 3 1
I'm not here to cheer Apple but to cheer...
LOUIS VUITTON!!!! :D
7. naveen007 (banned) posted on 03 Oct 2012, 04:33 0 1
Hahaha iphone cheap metal look hahahhahahahhaah cheap metal and the ugliest
48. sako1995 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 09:57 1 0
What a well-written well-thought deep comment from your behalf. Thank you for bringing civilized and logical argumentation back to the comment pages. I would like to add that hahaha iphone cheap metal no use teh cool hahahahaha plastiks from samsungs nd lg
9. oying24 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 04:38 2 0
apple is not just about smartphone... apple is a brand.. a valuable brand with a very high reputation.. kudos to apple.. 129% is no joke...
11. infernal88 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 04:45 0 0
blackberry 56--->93 : -39% ...that is more than nokia's loss
15. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 03 Oct 2012, 05:52 1 0
Hopefully someone will understand the reference.
18. TROLL posted on 03 Oct 2012, 05:59 0 0
How could Apple be a brand, when everyone can afford it. not everyone can afford to wear designer clothes....
22. Danre posted on 03 Oct 2012, 06:24 0 0
I want to see Google at top or may be the one who deserve it.
But one thing I know that Apple doesn't deserve to be valuable brand.
36. good2great posted on 03 Oct 2012, 07:32 0 2
this is probably not a good place to post this information...
1 reason is... apple is more than just cell phones...
you can tell by all the comments against apple in here that there is no understanding on why they are number 2.
what's funny is people wishing Google was on top...haha what a joke!
45. plgladio posted on 03 Oct 2012, 09:33 1 0
If you look into the source I mean all the brands, only Apple have a massive change (129%) anything which jumps higher like anything has no balance at all. Rest all jump an average, so interesting to looking forward for the next couple of years. My predictions:
2. May be Apple
3. Google (If Apple fails)
4. MS (If their Windows phone go hit)
5. IBM or MS
49. harpdogg posted on 03 Oct 2012, 10:07 0 0
is this one of the survey that ignores 60% of the people on earth. Kind of like the NFL world Championship even though it only played in the united states?
51. speckledapple posted on 03 Oct 2012, 10:43 0 0
I look forward to having my brand up there in the future.
52. dirtydirty00 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 11:51 0 0
surprising in todays society that mcdonalds isnt at the top of the list...
53. ilia1986 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 11:58 0 0
Geez.. Who would have thought that a manufacturer which makes PCs, tablets, phones and MP3 players running on a castrated version of Linux is going to become so popular...