Apple beats estimates, shares jump 6% after hours
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2012, 15:50 posted on
Selling 35 million units of the Apple iPhone in the latest three month period, crushing analysts' estimates, the Cupertino based firm's shares are up more than 6% in after-hours trading; Apple reported earnings of $12.30 a share for the period, beating predictions of $10.04...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
22. jroc74 (Posts: 5221; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Apple stock is probably the only thing I would want from Apple.
Tried an iPhone, havent tried an iPad yet, tried OS X.
Not hating....just keeping it real. I WISH I woulda got Apple stock in 2009, 2010....
2. abdane (Posts: 480; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
okay and ? i dont get it... whats important ? o.O
3. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
who else can do that but apple gotta face people will buy it over any other phone
4. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
....like the blinder following the blind
11. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
If anyone is a follower it's android users as android has more marketshare. If you use android you follow the masses.
16. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
U got em with that one taco. Android users dis us apple users, yet they r as faithful to android as we r to apple. It's the same thing from the other side of the fence. All u hear android users talk about is the next big thing from google quad core, 6 in. screen etc, but let us discuss the next big apple device, and we're automatically ish**p. That's called hypocrisy.
24. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
No, sithman, you have it completely wrong.
There is nothing wrong with being excited for the next generation of devices from your preferred company.
What we call "iSheep" are the imbeciles who declare that Apple is the best there ever was without giving any credit to the accomplishments and quality of other products, and who often do so with limited or zero experience of the competitors they are dissing.
29. jroc74 (Posts: 5221; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Give Apple credit where its due. But also do the same for others. The last part is what doesnt happen alot with pro Apple and iPhone folks.
19. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Guess it goes both ways... if not 3 ways including WP users.
28. jroc74 (Posts: 5221; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
We will be going on a merry go round with this for ages I see...lol.
Matter of perspective: Android has so many choices. Apple has one iPhone per version.
That 1 version of iPhone outsells every previous version. Apple always breaks some previous sales mark for the iPhone and iPad.
Thats like saying ppl that use different PC's that run Windows are followers. Ppl are following the OS? I guess you are right then. Get an iPhone and you are following the OS and hardware.
5. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
i used to think that PA showed us some cool news... this is not cool
6. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Bye bye remix...
can't say it was nice knowing you
9. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
so what did apple make you some money that you so happy lol kidding another great quater by apple no real surprise...wont see a drop until heavy rumours of the ''new iphone'' starts hitting really hard.
10. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Me and Remix have a bet. Samsung vs Apple for who sells the most smartphones this last quarter. If Samsung loses Remix will never post again and if Apple loses I agreed to not post anymore.
We already know Samsung sales are weak in the US when you look at the high percentage of iPhones sold on AT&T and Verizon. Sprint will be the same story. Apple had their fastest international launch ever so they'll have big international sales also.
Don't see Samsung beating them considering they didn't release anything new other than the Note.
21. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Don't jump to the conclusion yet! Samsung is expected to release the Q1 earning result later this week
27. Cyan3boN (Posts: 434; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
that is so bad, remix is such a techie, i read all his comments bcas it has some logic and matter. not like some trolls.
33. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
dont worry, im not going anywhere. Taco doesnt know how to read and compare. :)
32. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Samsung had a monster quarter as well.. but unlike apple, total sales went UP. Apple beat estimates of its downward trend on the hockey stick line, but still sold LESS than it did in Q4 2012. Samsung sold MORE than it did in Q4 2012.
So yea.. its been.. almost.. nice knowing ya. the boards are going to be so quiet without ya.
23. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Samsung hasn't released its results yet. Also, at least one source has reported results of 41 million smartphones sold by Samsung.
Also, do you really expect us to believe that if you lose you'd honor your agreement? You haven't exactly proven your integrity here.
37. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Looks like the competition between you and Remix is over... Samsung is estimating 44 billion devices sold in 1st quarter of 2012.
8. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Hurry Taco,sell everything you have and buy a ton of Apple stock!!! You can still get in on the debacle that's right around the corner. And by all means,tell all your iPhone owning friends to do the same!!!
20. OhSo3D (Posts: 39; Member since: 22 Feb 2011)
I personally don't think the iPhone is the right device for me, but Apple is the definitive King of Marketing. They can make you think that you absolutely need their product, and their exponential growth is a phenomena and I highly respect them as a company from a business standpoint.
31. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Sure... It's called propaganda. You see,hear and are exposed to it 24/7 and it works on most people. They have also enslaved thousands of people in the process. Therefore,I do not respect them as a company from a business standpoint.
26. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You lost haha.
Samsung will sell around 40m smartphones in q1.
The gap will only continue to increase and until October quarter you'll have like 55:20 on Samsung side.
If I couldn't stand your posting I'd join that bet too.
34. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
other than taco dreaming.. 6 percent jump is massive for how expensive that stock already is. I bet there are a few happy rich peeps out there in stock land today.
35. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
More the Apple stock jump, the more I wished I bought their stock back in 2003. Who would of known...
36. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
all those people that held onto it when they were worth next to nothing are wiping their butts with dollar bills now. lol.