Apple backtracks on the EPEAT environmental certification withdrawal, says it was a "mistake"
0. phoneArena 14 Jul 2012, 13:37 posted on
In a somewhat untypical move Apple issued a statement that it regrets the voluntary withdrawal from the industry's EPEAT environmental certification scheme...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jasonjerkoff (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
lol apple is starting to look desperate ...........
4. Aeires (unregistered)
Any time you make a legal move to ban a competitors product based upon the shape and color of their device, you've passed the desperate stage.
11. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Apple is one of the most successful companies on the planet. Hardly desperate.
19. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Yeah right. Tell me how many lawyers they have, that seems kinda of desperate for the competition...
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6497; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
and Apple never cares bout the Environment and they BAN the competition.
29. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Apple has one of the best environmental ratings out of any company.
40. rejoicefulone (Posts: 13; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Apple is way behind other companies with the environment. Other companies have embraced a standard charging cable resulting in less chargers appearing in our world's landfills. Apple still uses their own proprietary one, creating the need for two seperate charging cables. One for your phone and one for your "iproduct". Maybe I am wrong, but I thought environmentalists disliked all the stuff going into our landfills?
41. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Wow is that what you think eco friendly is based on? You literally are completely clueless.
43. jroc74 (Posts: 4775; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
They are very successful....
Thats what makes their desperation all the more funny and sad.
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They are desperate.
They don't compete. But loves to
Eliminate other company's.
Cowards and bribes thiefs...
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5779; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
They ran the numbers on how many sales would be lost to state, local and federal govts not buying their iDevices. The only thing that surprised me was how long it took for them to get the clue.
12. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
How long will it take for you to get a clue?
16. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Droid_X_Doug should reply like this: "B*tch please, I've been watching Blues Clues since I was 3."
33. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5779; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
B*tch, please, I've been watching Blues Clues since I was 3.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5779; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Kind of foul. Look at what crows eat - they literally are what they eat. ;-)
8. roscuthiii (Posts: 1801; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Yep, does taste fowl... sorry for my poultry pun.
34. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5779; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Don't be sorry. It was an opportunity and I took it. ;-)
5. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
You can't never make people happy... and haters will hate.... because went against or change their minds
7. tedkord (Posts: 4769; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apple brings the hate on itself with its hypocrisy, unethical behavior and bullying.
14. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
No one hates Apple except Internet trolls. Apple is one of the most admired companies in the world.
18. matrix_neo (Posts: 314; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Have you ever think 1st before you wrote your comment? No one hates apple except internet trolls, are you sure?! Just think of workers in Foxconn, do you think they don't hate apple? Those who admired apple, as what they always say, are sheep. Are you one of them, right?
35. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
apple gave them jobs . Apple give them money to buy food for their children . without apple they would become a prostitute on the streets of Shanghai
28. -box- (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I know people that don't even know how to use a computer let alone the internet who despise apple. Also, there are those worldwide who would hate them because they are an embodiment of idolatry, false worship, consumerism, capitalism, American, infidel, slavers, absolutists, dominance, environmentally unfriendly, apathetic to the human condition, rapists of mother Earth, etc, etc, etc. I'm not saying those are my opinions, just those of people around the world.
Taco, you are ignorant, narrow-minded, foolish, blind, and despicable. You should take a sabbatical and reconsider your life and style of living before trying to be a prophet of an entity that seeks absolute control with no regard to its effects
31. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
44. jroc74 (Posts: 4775; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I have seen some longtime iFans switch sides recently at other sites.
Ppl really are getting either:
fed up with their BS
like what other companies offer more....along with getting fed up with their BS.
There are some sane Apple users who are tired of the BS. Fans of other companies that are not trolls are getting tired of the BS.
Its not all internet trolls who hate Apple. Its time for you to wake up....seriously.
32. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Verizon has been bullying Android devices by holding updates and Verizon keeps growing just like Apple... bullies are not accepted by society... and apple continous to grow..
38. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Dude, do you ever think before you post? I have had several updates with my Verizon Android phone - RAZR - and received another, .215., a couple of days ago...making that 6 updates since November....watch the numbers double on ICS users....
42. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so Verizon doesn't hold any upgrades is that what are you telling me?... because I got some Nexus owners that would love your story... just answer one question.. when was ICS released and when did you get the upgrade..?... official upgrade
46. jroc74 (Posts: 4775; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Tell the whole story....about how CDMA licenses meant Google couldnt push it to folks on Verizon AND Sprint.
The GSM version of the G Nex had no such problems.
Verizon's longer testing times + CDMA license issues meant alot of upset G Nex owners on Verizon.
Tell the ...whole...story.
45. jroc74 (Posts: 4775; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Bullying by holding updates = longer testing times than other carriers.
Verizon isn't known as the best carrier for coverage for nothing.
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6497; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
and you will always hate GOOGLE/SAMSUNG/HTC
9. Sniggly (Posts: 7033; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I'd like to know what Apple will do now to comply with EPEAT standards on the Mac book Pro. I mean, it's design still isn't compliant. Maybe they'll make the f**king battery removable after all?
10. roscuthiii (Posts: 1801; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
The funny thing is that it is in compliance. The MacBook got a gold rating from the EPEAT. Apple pulled out simply because they were afraid it might get a lower rating. Fear was their motivator. They are clearly in defense mode trying not to lose what they have. That's never been a winning long term strategy.
13. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Care to elobarate on the specifics Apple needs to change to be compliant?
15. jasonjerkoff (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
@ TACO50 out of the 13 comments made on this article so far , u commented like 8 times , its ok we get your point , u can move on now .........
17. jasonjerkoff (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
eapeat should of told apple , its too late we cant accept u back , your apple is starting to rot anyway ......
26. beefsupreme (Posts: 32; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
It's funny how there is no talk about how they called the EPEAT regulations outdated after they left. I guess everything is going to be like 1984 for Apple where anything that doesn't match up for them currently no longer exists.
30. matrix_neo (Posts: 314; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
In what way does samsung is more desperate than apple? I think better to comment: apple is more desperate company than samsung. Try to read the news about apple lately, then you will know who's desperate now.