Apple asks developers not to use gold Apple iPhone 5s in marketing images
0. phoneArena 31 Oct 2013, 12:11 posted on
In past years, Apple asked developers to use only the black Apple iPhone when marketing their apps; but that restriction, which wasn't firmly enforced by Cupertino, is no longer in effect. With the launch of the new colors for both the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c, Apple is now allowing developers to use other colors besides black in their marketing material. But not all of the shades can be used...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. E.N. (Posts: 2300; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I don't think its dumb. The gold iPhone is a little too flashy. It may distract from the focus on the actual applications.
The only thing I don't understand is the "Do not overlap Apple products" requirement.
9. NYDiver22 (Posts: 6; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
wait! Why would apple worry about their own hardware distracting from apps that are not even their own??? That argument makes little sense...
2. MrsPotatoHead (banned) (Posts: 48; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Personally I like the gold iPhone color better. I think its both sexy and inticing and it dont look as cheap.
8. lyndon420 (Posts: 1737; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yes he did. Thank goodness for the grammar patrol. Its nice to know that you are here to save the day when auto-correct fails us :)
7. cj100570 (Posts: 204; Member since: 12 May 2009)
There isn't a gold iPhone anyway so I don't see the problem.