Apple asks Google to turn over Android source code for its lawsuit against Samsung
0. phoneArena 08 May 2013, 11:25 posted on
Although its legal fight is against Samsung, Apple is demanding that Google turn over source code documents related to Android as Apple argues that all of the Samsung products involved in the court battle over unlicensed patent use, are Android powered devices; Google responded by noting that Apple made a "strategic decision" not to name Google on the complaint...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4821; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Google, just ignore Apple. The best way to stop this court battle is to ignore Apple, and also Samsung. And remember, don't even think about helping them!
6. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Lol, ignoring them isn't in Google's hand. There are things called 'law', 'order', 'court' and 'ruling'.
That's why instead of commenting at EVERY DAMN article, improve your GK, kid.
12. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4821; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You can disagree with me, but you can't always go against me like that, dude.
You replied me a lot of times, "Dude, you're awfully cheesy", you always call me cheesy.
I had enough of this! You need to learn how to reply a DAMN comment!
My suggestion is not your suggestion! Is that clear?
25. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Whoa! Sorry to hurt you. :/
But I just can't resist pressing that reply button next to your comment.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 9280; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Quad this dudes only 14 man, cut him some slack. At least he's showing interest in something other than the BS most kids his age are into. Xperia I think quads your own personal droiddoes
27. stealthd (Posts: 868; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Here's some real help: if you're 14 and don't know anything about law, don't pretend you know what you're talking about.
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6623; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Here's some even better help: Find other things to do other than try to bash a 14 year old. Thanks and have a great day.
44. stealthd (Posts: 868; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
I don't care how old someone is, this is the Internet. Grow up or get out. You can't fall back on "but I'm 14" here. If you don't know what you're talking about just STFU. It's not complicated.
83. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6623; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're exactly what's wrong with the internet. Please get off and go outside. Acting tough through a keyboard? You should definitely consider putting that on your job application! Grow the f--- up already and stop acting like a eight year old.
35. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4821; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If you have nothing to bash, don't bash.
26. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Alright, lightjeddi. I get your point there.
But...Uh I love mocking kids. :/
And hey, droiddoesn't.
66. darkkjedii (Posts: 9280; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol Xperias a cool dude though, and he has a lotta good points.
75. Nephylim (Posts: 131; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
every single comment posted by you is against samsung
hey troll, dont be jealous !!!
Maybe samsung will not sell very well (full of sarcasm) LOL
89. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Lol, which part of my comment is against Samsung? Dumbass!
96. Trex95 (Posts: 520; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Actually Google doesn't like Samsung. Just ask yourself why Samsung hate Andro Robin the Android founder!
2. darkvadervip (Posts: 275; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Samsung knows that in the end they copy everybody and that is why they are on there on the Tizen plan.
16. duckymomo26 (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
In what part of the article does it says Samsung is copying?
18. donfem (Posts: 480; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
You should understand that not everyone who sees an article actually reads it. Once it has "Samsung" on it, these uneducated ones, jump on it it wth "copying', etc.
94. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
If they want to make any request, Google should be allow to particpate in the lawsuit and bring on in patents that are infringe by apple just like what Samsung did.
4. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1340; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
screw you rotten apple, just gtfo, you copied android features, google doesn't sue you, samsung took a little cue from you, you sue them
features that were stolen (and already available before apple) by apple from android
2.) Notification center widgets
4.) front facing camera
5.) 4G LTE
7. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1340; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
6.) panoramic picture
7.) led flash
9.) turn by turn navigation
10.) ota updates
11.) voice commands
32. stealthd (Posts: 868; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Android wasn't first for any of those features, and you can't patent "features", only a specific implementation of a feature, so they wouldn't be able to sue for any of those anyway.
68. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 239; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
True story. My old pocket PC phones pre-smartphone did all of those no problem. Even my old palm treo's also accomplished most of those features.
72. sniper1087 (Posts: 310; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
seriously? there is a reason why Google cannot sue anybody over this features, they were made before and google is "open source", meaning anybody can grab the code and do with it whatever they want, just look at Jolla for example. Alsoif you also have a look at webOS open source project, swipe to remove apps that android has is actually taken from it, on webOS is swipe up to remove the cards, on android swipe to the side to remove recent apps, thats all.
93. willard12 (Posts: 549; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
"They were made before Google".....you mean like slide to unlock, rounded edges, pinch to zoom and everything apple has sued over. Considering no one can truly name an actual apple invention in the mobile world, that argument is pretty useless. Google doesn't sue because they don't make money from android and can't claim damages. This is also why they aren't sued...However, Motorola can sue whoever they want.
5. boosook (Posts: 771; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Isn't Android open source? Apple, go look the source code yourself, if your developers can understand it! :-)
24. MartyK (Posts: 669; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
And if they need help finding open source code , Just "Google it"!...hahahaha
29. Diego! (Posts: 474; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
hahahaha xD *Standing Ovation* That was awesome! :P
76. Fallout09 (Posts: 409; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I was thinking the same thing. Apple just wants everyone to do the work for them.
19. donfem (Posts: 480; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Probably true. How old is the first ifone anyway?
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6623; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This... This is just sad. Apple needs to calm down. It isn't that serious to bring Google into it.
13. mayur007 (Posts: 277; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Apple The greedy,s rule .. 1 if u cant innovate new dont let others too ..
2 if u cant have monopoly and more profit lets sue others.. and try to block their sales...
15. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
LMAO @ pathetic apple. This sh*t right here is why those fools are losing market share. Less time litigating, more time innovating. apple is that spoiled little brat tjhat always whined cried pissed and moaned to the teacher or mom that "wwwaaaah Billy is copying me!"
Yeah we all hated that kid too.
38. stealthd (Posts: 868; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Recent reports have shown them gaining market share.
43. Aeires (unregistered)
In one country for one quarter. Annual world sales are down. Tablets are taking the biggest loss as people look beyond the iPad.
77. darth8ball (Posts: 519; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Wrong apple is losing market share. Predictions have them dipping under 10% market share by the end of the year. Apple keeps regurgitating the same ole behind the times crap.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 9280; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
LMAOOOOO yeah rite apple. Take that lawsuit money and give it to Sharp, and LG for some bigger screens.
97. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
^ That lol. And, seeing as how Google isn't named in the lawsuit, I hope Google tells Apple to eff off and die. Plus, if Apple does name Google in the lawsuit, that could be akin to poking the bear and expecting it not to maul you. I know Apple has tons of cash and great lawyers at hand, but don't think for one second Google doesn't have some mean guns waiting to fire back to defend itself.
20. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Apple seeking sales ban over outdated handsets
SAMSUNG cleverly countering by releasing 3 handsets per month
I call that effective trolling....Apple needs to stfu...
33. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5639; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Apple needs too STFU and Google don't bother listening to the big greedy turd.
42. Aeires (unregistered)
Please join the Open Handset Alliance and get the code just like everyone else who agreed to the terms.
69. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
We do not know how to Google. Please send detailed instructions, or failing that a dimwitted 8 year old to hold our hands and walk us through the immensely, needlessly complex process. That you probably copied from us.
Go F*ck yourselves,
56. jibraihimi (Posts: 539; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I remember 1 or 2 years back when apple was ahead in term of innovation, Samsung asked for the codes of ios in court to help them with their trial, and Now When Android is ahead in term of innovations and adding new features, then apple is asking them for the codes......... What an irony......... Steve jobs must be feeling so uncomfortable at this moment...........
63. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 239; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I find it interesting the Apple has yet to sue Google directly but instead go after OEMs they consider a threat. They went after HTC and Motorola and those didn't last long but yet they keep going after Samsung.
Now they want Google to turn over the Android source code. Their beef is with Android and Google, not OEMs. Yet they choose to leave Google out of the case but are now trying to drag them in.
Apple, if you want to make any headway in your lawsuits, just sue Google directly, you won't win but it would be funny to see you try.