Apple announces deal with China Mobile
Apple and China Mobile also did not reveal the terms of their agreement. The Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c can now be purchased by the 763 million China Mobile subscribers, the vast majority of whom are rockin' a 2G signal. But with 4G LTE service now available, China Mobile could see plenty of upgrades in the coming year and Apple could be the beneficiary.
In the past, Apple could not offer the iPhone to China Mobile customers because of the carrier's proprietary 3G TD-SCDMA network. But now, the Cupertino based tech titan could be on the verge of selling as many as 15 million iPhones to China Mobile customers over the next year, according to Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. analyst Toni Sacconaghi.
source: AP, WSJ
2. ihavenoname (Posts: 956; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Congratulations Apple! Great future and success ahead.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 9262; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I honestly can't wait to see the (you know who) reaction, once it starts selling.
8. Password (banned) (Posts: 21; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)
Chinese customers are not like Japanese, following and thinking iPhones are the best. Chinese are smart to chose opensource rather than closed Os.
Apple iP5c will "fail" , well it's failed everywhere else, so i believe China will kick Apple out.
10. orca99 (Posts: 83; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
If average Chinese consumer was as wealthy as the average Japanese consumer, everyone would be buying iPhones in China. They're the most materialistic people in Asia.
13. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 598; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Is that why Apple went from 3% of the Chinese market in 2013 to 12%, without a China Mobile deal?
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 9262; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Password=Troll=banned=3rd time banned=give it up, PA's on to you. Find another site to troll iOS on. This ones done with you.
3. HASHTAG (unregistered)
You cannot argue that is a fair price; but if it sells you cannot really complain.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 9262; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It's on and crackin now in china lol. I think it'll sell well, and the world will go on rotating on its axis at 1,037 mph.
7. Jklaz (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Chinese make iPhone for like 200$ and will buy it back for 900 #applelogic
11. Topcat488 (Posts: 1037; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I wonder if Apple will now sue Goophone i5S, since most Chinese will probably buy those instead of the original. I mean they're practically made in the same factory. Haha.
12. tiara6918 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I expect the 5s and 5c to give apple a boost in sales in the chinese market
14. Smokin (Posts: 97; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
5s will give probably pretty big boost.
BUT i5c with that crazy pricing will NOT give any boost. It's just crazy