Apple announces WWDC 2012, kicks off on June 11th
0. phoneArena 25 Apr 2012, 08:44 posted on
Apple’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference will kick off on June 11th in San Francisco this year, and tickets are already on sale…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ilia1986 (unregistered)
2. dhawaldamania (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
$1599?? I could buy Ireland for that price!
4. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i would love to go... for $1,599 tho? naaaww um str8... haha
5. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
No thanks apple. I'm not into selling kidneys.
19. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
you need to sell more than your kidneys..
6. joeyrants (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
From the looks of the logo (which features LOTS of icons in LOTS of colours), anyone else besides me thinks that they're going to introduce 'live icons'? Real-time updates for your apps without having to tap into the app itself! So damn ground-breaking-ly new!
13. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I hope you're cynical. Life icons? You know which platform has them already ever since 2010? I'll give you a hint. It stards with W, has Phone and the number 7 in it.
14. joeyrants (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
I laughed so loud at your post. Maybe I should've put '/s', I thought that the sarcasm was implied. And it's called 'Live tiles' (not 'life'). Also, it's 'starts' not 'stards'.
15. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Apple has been known to snatch up on non-patented features from other smartphone OS's.
In some cases they do actually improve them. Take Siri for example. Android OS users have been using voice search for a while now yet Apple managed to integrate it into a functional assistant.
I look to all companies for innovation, not just one.
7. hunted (Posts: 357; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Hi guys, i'm planning to buy a tablet & someone please help me which is the best tablet in market now. Thanks!!!
9. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
if the ipad played flash content i would say it would be the clear leader...
but it depends on what you need a tablet for:
techy user - android
heavy user multimedia/games - apple
10. hunted (Posts: 357; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Thank you, i'll now go for some android tabs
22. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
...no one should be doing techie nerd things on any tablet right now...read nerds use computers...
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Watch before making decision!
"Android Vs iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS"
17. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Why ask random readers what's the best tablet, when they will only speak on what's best for them. Jus go to bestbuy dude, and play with several, then make ur own choice.
8. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
This year tickets for the Google I/O event were priced at $900 (some $300 tickets for students/faculty) and sold out in about 20 minutes. They'll probably hike up the price next year again.
If you got the cash and a fast trigger finger then sure go ahead and register but honestly I feel more at ease knowing I saved a wad a dough just by following a site with a "live blogging" event.
11. hunted (Posts: 357; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)