Apple and eBay combine to form hush-hush Factory Outlet store to sell refurbished iPhone 5 models
Nowhere on the site does it say that it is being run by Apple, but the fact that they are Apple certified means that the gang in Cupertino does have something to do with it. This is the second time that Apple has tried a program like this; last time it lasted all of three months and Apple failed to keep the store open. Apple and eBay are keeping a low-profile with the store, electing not to promote it.
If you're interested in checking out the Factory Outlet, click on the sourcelink. The prices being asked for the refurbished iPhone 5 models can save you $200 to $350 off the MSRP of a similar new factory unlocked, GSM flavored Apple iPhone 5.
Apple and eBay team up to sell refurbished factory unlocked GSM flavored Apple iPhone 5 models
source: FactoryOutlet via RedmondPie
1. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 377; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Who knows the best place to buy a used Verizon iPhone 5?
8. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2434; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
San Francisco. It will be well used and maybe a bit smelly, but you should be able to find what you are looking for without too much trouble.
11. wildfiregt (Posts: 89; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I advice you Swappa.com ,a XDA website partner. All products are in good conditions and trustable sellers
12. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2434; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Swappa is the same as buying via eBay except the prices are higher.
14. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2434; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Available on eBay as well. Just pay attention to the ad and buy from a reputable seller. I find eBay has a far better selection than Swappa and often can find a new phone for the same price as a "mint" phone on Swappa.
2. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2434; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
At least Apple has the memory pricing right, with a $50 gap between 16GB and 64GB.
Though there are lots of problems with these used iPhone 5 models from what I read in the ATT forums. The ATT re-certified version of the iPhone 5 16GB is $313 and people are still returning it due to issues like the touch screen not working on all of the screen.
5. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1135; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
That's the Apple jedi mind trick at work. They want you to believe your getting a good deal on the 64gig model but the phones are still over priced. This phone will be 2 years old in 2 months.
I've seen iPhone 5s models go from $300 to $400 on Craigslist.
4. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1135; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Those prices are still ridiculous. A new Nexus 5 unlocked is cheaper and a much better phone in every category.
6. The-Sailor-Man (limited) (Posts: 682; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Thank you for this great article.
7. fzacek (Posts: 1352; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
At least it's not as overpriced as a brand new iPhone 5S...
9. galanoth (Posts: 302; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
iPhone 5S 16 GB on craigslist in Orange County, CA go for about $400.
These ebay iPhone are overpriced.
10. networkdood (Posts: 6260; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yeah, I tend to find better deals NOT on ebay...
15. sunnyfpy (Posts: 45; Member since: 12 May 2013)
Used phone old model ,half price or no deal! Used non removable battery haha!!!!