Apple and Samsung reportedly hug it out, will be partners once again from 2015 on
0. phoneArena 15 Jul 2013, 07:35 posted on
The Korea Economic Daily came out with an interesting report earlier today, raising several questions. In case you don't remember, Apple inked a three-year deal with Taiwanese TSMC, the biggest silicon manufacturer worldwide, for the production of its next-generation of processors, which were supposed to power the Cupertino-based giant's devices for the foreseeable future...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Until then, they will fight like cats and dogs!!
4. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
2015?carriers started to ban iphones in 2013.going along same lines,i dont think iphone7 will ever make an appearence
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That's not possible...there are still millions of people buying phones off-contract rather than on-contract.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What a dummy, and he actually probably thinks that too Nathan. As if 2013 is the year we'll never see another new phone. Abcdefgh"iHater"jklmnopqrstuvwxyz no more after the iPhone 5. Don't know how apple will stay alive. Sing it abc style.
5. reten (Posts: 43; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
Whatever they do, we are unpaid fanboys READY to promote there products.
6. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1507; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
14 nm? Where is the previous node of 22/20 nm? Samsung has not reached that one (yet)
8. ajac09 (Posts: 1480; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
dont think anyone is surprised. I just hope this means a sign of all the lawsuits to finally go away.
9. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
So the Apple iPhone 7 will really be the Samsung Galaxy S6; okay, that works, it's an Apple on the outside with caviar on the inside. Someone get the champagne?!
10. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3702; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
They are having love and hate relationship. ;P
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
If you think about it, whatever grudge Apple is holding over Samsung for the design patents, it's years past and the Galaxy like has the design of it's own. So even if the lawsuit is ongoing, which I still believe will end out of court, there's no business logic in ignoring the Korean resources. The iPhone market share is tightening, and they cannot allow a HTC One to happen, so it's sensible not to sever ties and get a much heftier offer when they come back.
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung and Apple are frenemies, their relationship is quite complicated. After suing they will be partners, and after that, they will start the suing again, and after that they will be partners again...
13. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Apple probably desperate for a chip manufacturer at least drop your law suit apple.
14. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
samsung again will help apple in making their products like they did before and as soon as they will try to take some design aspects from apple,they'll get sued
16. almostdone (Posts: 231; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Only Samsung can provide the quality and quantity that Apple require. Apple had no choice except to beg for forgiveness, Samsung really should tell them to get lost or hike up the prices.
Samsung can go it alone where as Apple cannot.
18. Topcat488 (Posts: 1392; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Congratulations to Apple and Samsung, every loving couple have had their fights... It's always a good time for everyone around when partners kiss and make up... It's also good on my eco-system being the carrier of the Note and iphone. :)
19. GoBears (Posts: 448; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Wow 14nm. That is so incredible considering an atom is like 0.1-0.5 nm wide, depending on the atom of course. Mind blowing.
20. DeathR34PER (Posts: 21; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Will there be a happy ending between the two? *thinks for 2 years* Nope...
23. jroc74 (Posts: 5980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Money talks...and BS walks....
Always has, always will.