Apple and Samsung patent wars being investigated by the EU for antitrust violations
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2011, 14:27 posted on
Apple and Samsung have been slugging it out against one another in Europe's courtrooms, but now the EU may step in out of concern that both companies are stifling competition in the mobile market place...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lets hope this stops these ridiculous patents battles.
2. Whateverman (Posts: 3248; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Hopefully, this will put an end to it all!
4. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Some may call my comments junk, me I call them treasures. ^^
5. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
wow the EU is finally doing something RIGHT! lets end this BS for good so we can all just get back to having fun.
lol, tacohunter, spending some time in Belethor's General Goods in Whiterun I see.. lol :)
7. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Oh nice finally someone that noticed skyrim in my comment.
Almost everyone says this if you hit "what have you got for sale". Or the skyforge in whiterun says "Gods be praised". Court wizards: Sometimes say "ah, you wish to master the arcane arts" or "spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them."
lol, remix explore skyrim more, it's huge!!! (also Oblivion)
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol, im a big elder scrolls fan/player. i probably easily put north of 100 hrs in oblivion and 200hrs into Morrowind.
I play between rounds of studys/tests/work/family/clinicals/sleep... what sleep. :) somehow ive still made it to level 22 already, which i didnt think i'd see for a while. right now i only have one house, and i bet u can guess where it is. :)
Im the guy that actually reads a good chunk of those books in the game. That and im neurotic about my house.. lol. in morrowind i probably spent 10+ hrs arranging skeleton bones and armor pieces to make it look like there were dead people in my manor. why? dunno.. it was fun. :)
14. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Althought I'm also a huge elder scrolls fan, I haven't played morrowind. A friend of me, played morowind alot, but he says it's kind of harder then oblivion and skyrim.
Breezehome, whiterun, mine is already fully decorated. And I've made it till lvl 20 now.
A bit off-topic but still fun :)
18. SGSatlantis (Posts: 222; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
lvl30 here, the secret is smithing all the time:)
24. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yes, morrowwind was much more complicated (as in it had options for everything), but that was also its beauty. the complilcation allowed you to do more. Its the game that really started the whole first person RPG craze. Grab the PC version.. its probably like 5-10 bux for GotY edition with the expansions. you wont regret it. There are tons of neat mods out for it. :)
Skyrim is great but compared to its older siblings its very streamlined to allow less advanced players play. Good n bad, like everything. :) Being able to pick it up and just go explore is definately a good thing.. lol.
Im going for a second home in that dwarf city..M..something or another... lol
6. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Expect nothing from Europe. I live in europe. They have no power. They are just voghons.
Anyway the world is big enough for iphones and android. Customers choose. We don't care of their lawsuits games.
11. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Actually they control the biggest smartphone market in the world.
22. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
They didn't compare China to EU as a whole, but to a separate countries like USA, Germany, France...
8. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Hopefully this could stifle both companies lawsuits in the long run. . .
9. blade19 (Posts: 61; Member since: 29 Apr 2011)
It could be also a way for the EU to bail themselves out of a hole... As the article mentioned in the last paragraph. Each company making billions and the EU could fine them up to 10%... IF found in violation. EU may just want a cut... just saying...
15. rob5150 (Posts: 151; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Blade19... Awesome thought on eu\'s way to bail themselves out of bankruptcy. Brilliant
19. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
yeah end this stupid court war and make it SGS III vs iphone5 .. but honestly now apple is too afraid of competing against SAMMY in open market
20. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
till then we can enjoy iphoneporn4s.com, iphonesex4s.com, iphonexxforce.com... but wait... apple might sue you for watching i-shit on these sites lol
21. cncrim (Posts: 730; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Hope all this patent war stop with new law.
23. kamen (Posts: 87; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
OK, take A+S 10%. That will cool them off. Just don't give the money to Greece :)