Apple and Samsung exchange list of accused devices and infringed patents before patent trial 2
0. phoneArena 05 Feb 2014, 01:20 posted on
Apple and Samsung are getting ready for patent trial 2, which will be presided over by Judge Lucy Koh, just as the first trial was. Koh has asked both sides to limit the number of claims to 5 per side. Additionally, both Apple and Samsung are limited to arguing that ten devices from each side infringed on their IP. Samsung is actually claiming that five of its patents were infringed on by four Apple devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Most of the devices Samsung is accused of infringing aren't even sold anymore lol. Apple is looking at more damages since everything infringed is still sold, especially the Macbook Pro.
8. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 206; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Except for the fact that the president will veto the banning of any of Apple's devices.
12. night_elf (Posts: 37; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
The problem with the System is, even if Apple is found guilty there will be an other veto and no ban.
2. Killua (Posts: 180; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Why bother? Just take a glance at the judge and you'll be able to predict the result.
3. androiphone20 (Posts: 1117; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Since most of these devices are 2012 or later, some are not even being manufactured or sold anymore. The products can serve as a basis for damages or injunctive relief
11. PBXtech (Posts: 622; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Guess India won't be getting those overpriced iPhone 4's after all.
5. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 547; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
This is a highly specific and technical article.. See now, all the stupid iFAN / Sammy comments are missing from this article. Otherwise, we see a lot of comments like Plastic/copy/ icons/ lag/ cartoon ui/ boring OS/etc... LOL
6. mturby (Posts: 146; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
the judge is totally biased. she cant preside anymore on these lawsuit.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 9262; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Obviously she didn't get that memo. How about you go tell her in person.
7. jacko1977 (Posts: 377; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
apple just wants the money back that they gave to samsung for parts and ban them coz samsung is a threat on sales
grow up apple and fight fair