Apple and Nokia once again ask court to sanction Samsung for releasing confidential information
0. phoneArena 04 Dec 2013, 08:44 posted on
Last month, we told you that Apple had asked Judge Paul Grewal to sanction Samsung for revealing confidential information about an Apple-Nokia patent agreement. The information was turned over by Apple to its Korean rival during the Discovery process of the infamous Apple-Samsung patent trial. The info was marked "Highly Confidential — Attorneys’ Eyes Only" but apparently 90 Samsung employees and 130 unauthorized attorneys got their mitts on the papers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
So the guy gets barred for two years, so what. Samsung will replace him in seconds and not much will really change. On a bigger note, I'm sure all three parties have closets full of skeletons they'd be embarrassed about. It's hard to become as big as the three have and not do something questionable along the way.
2. tedkord (Posts: 9687; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'm on Apple/Nokia's side on this one. Samsung should be smacked hard for this one.
5. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Samsung is great company, but they should stop doing crap things like this.
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
More free press for Samsung, not as if they needed it, but they'll take it.
4. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Nokia and Apple have common enemy, so it's understandable that they do this.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 19143; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This crap just keeps getting crazier. I just wanna see their 2014 tech.
13. tedkord (Posts: 9687; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I want to see their 2020 tech, but I want it now!
14. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I'll give you a hint, Apple's will look and run just like last years.
16. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Why on Earth would you want to see their "2014 tech" if you're still going to go out and spend hundreds of your hard earned driving money to buy the same old 2010 phone (in a different colour)?? Makes no sense!
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 19143; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Please go away, the sites far more enjoyable when you're limited.
21. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Classic Apple hate comment, false and outdated.
7. nightfury (Posts: 69; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
@samsung bro I think u shud sue apple for using ur material ™plastic™ in iPhone 5c
11. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Its not the same grade of plastic Samsung uses.
8. rantao333 (Posts: 322; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Samsung dun gv a s h i t about that, million of smart x consumer support for copying others for the sake of "freedom to use technology" / "u cant patent that! " as they dun think its wrong.
the more consumer support them, the more Samsung copied.
9. utg001 (unregistered)
Now this is something where i cannot blame Apple for being childish and going to court about. This is not good. Not sure if Nokia too is suing them or not.
12. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1229; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Not sure why Nokia is even bothering. Why don't they just sit back and enjoy the time they have left before Microsoft destroys them?
22. rangaha (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
Nokia is so irrelevant that they try to get involved in every little thing as much as possible.
15. techaman (unregistered)
so what we all found out about the secrets that 2 major conspire to make on the 3rd while using the tech from that 3rd. get over it we dont give a crap just make new stuff better every year thats all we want. nokia f ed up when they did windows phones if the 1020 was android they would be on top.
18. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Sam done wrong, time to admit an pay up.
23. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Shamesung (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shamesung) on the road again.
What bothers me most, is that how long people will tolarate such low morale company?