Apple and Nokia once again ask court to sanction Samsung for releasing confidential information
While Samsung denies that it used the confidential information, it says that the files inadvertently made their way into unauthorized hands. The company also pointed its finger at Apple noting that the Cupertino based tech titan failed to seal documents relating to a court filing in another case involving confidential Google information. Yes, it all sounds like grade-school stuff here, pointing your finger at another kid and telling the teacher than Johnny overfed the fish last week.
Apple would like to see Samsung's chief licensing executive Dr. Seungho Ahn, and others that work with him who obtained the confidential information, barred from licensing mobile patent deals for two years. Apple requests other sanctions, focusing on Samsung. Nokia seeks sanctions on Samsung's law firm Quinn Emanuel. A hearing will be held next week so that Samsung can properly respond to the request for sanctions. For those who love playing Perry Mason, Sammy's brief can be found below.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: SCRIBD, FOSSPatents via NokiaPowerUser
1. PBXtech (Posts: 463; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
So the guy gets barred for two years, so what. Samsung will replace him in seconds and not much will really change. On a bigger note, I'm sure all three parties have closets full of skeletons they'd be embarrassed about. It's hard to become as big as the three have and not do something questionable along the way.
2. tedkord (Posts: 3776; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'm on Apple/Nokia's side on this one. Samsung should be smacked hard for this one.
5. ihavenoname (Posts: 833; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Samsung is great company, but they should stop doing crap things like this.
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 1989; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
More free press for Samsung, not as if they needed it, but they'll take it.
4. ihavenoname (Posts: 833; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Nokia and Apple have common enemy, so it's understandable that they do this.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 8877; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This crap just keeps getting crazier. I just wanna see their 2014 tech.
13. tedkord (Posts: 3776; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I want to see their 2020 tech, but I want it now!
14. JerryTime (Posts: 417; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I'll give you a hint, Apple's will look and run just like last years.
16. PAPINYC (Posts: 1947; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Why on Earth would you want to see their "2014 tech" if you're still going to go out and spend hundreds of your hard earned driving money to buy the same old 2010 phone (in a different colour)?? Makes no sense!
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 8877; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Please go away, the sites far more enjoyable when you're limited.
21. ihavenoname (Posts: 833; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Classic Apple hate comment, false and outdated.
7. nightfury (Posts: 32; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
@samsung bro I think u shud sue apple for using ur material ™plastic™ in iPhone 5c
11. alterecho (Posts: 714; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Its not the same grade of plastic Samsung uses.
8. rantao333 (Posts: 140; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Samsung dun gv a s h i t about that, million of smart x consumer support for copying others for the sake of "freedom to use technology" / "u cant patent that! " as they dun think its wrong.
the more consumer support them, the more Samsung copied.
9. utg001 (Posts: 17; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Now this is something where i cannot blame Apple for being childish and going to court about. This is not good. Not sure if Nokia too is suing them or not.
12. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1025; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Not sure why Nokia is even bothering. Why don't they just sit back and enjoy the time they have left before Microsoft destroys them?
22. rangaha (Posts: 60; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
Nokia is so irrelevant that they try to get involved in every little thing as much as possible.
15. techaman (Posts: 336; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
so what we all found out about the secrets that 2 major conspire to make on the 3rd while using the tech from that 3rd. get over it we dont give a crap just make new stuff better every year thats all we want. nokia f ed up when they did windows phones if the 1020 was android they would be on top.
18. AfterShock (Posts: 879; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Sam done wrong, time to admit an pay up.
23. Altair (Posts: 278; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Shamesung (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shamesung) on the road again.
What bothers me most, is that how long people will tolarate such low morale company?