Apple and Honda reveal Siri Eyes Free mirroring system for 2014 lineup
0. phoneArena 25 Nov 2013, 09:59 posted on
With the rise of voice command systems in cars, it seemed inevitable. Then at the 2012 Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple announced that it would be partnering with various car manufacturers to integrate Siri as that voice command system. The feature already has been integrated into a handful of vehicles from Chevrolet and others, and now Honda is set to expand the reach of Apple's Siri Eyes Free system...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. saurik (Posts: 86; Member since: 13 May 2013)
You had to mention Google in this article, didn't you? :)
9. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
for a search engine, vanilla droid and nexus 5
3. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
You won't be seeing any droid bots in THOSE cars.
4. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I could only dream that car integration is "device agnostic"..... but who am I kidding. I'm sure that because it will be an Apple product, I am sure it will only work with iPhones and iPads.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 2769; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I doubt it, they will get generic ones in there for all types, unless they want their appeal to be limited to a handful of people. The iPhone only exists in good number in the states so it would be stupid to be siri only. But the problem with siri is it isn't dynamic enough yet to be used naturally. You'll have to memorize a bunch of static commands and that's usually a pain. If apple makes it better recognise natural language then it can be pretty amazing and even a game changer.
5. itzmando (Posts: 115; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I really don't like the idea of Apple's siri being integrated in an auto manufacturer that I like a lot. :(
And I hope google tries to incorporate something similar as the owners who don't have iOS devices cant really use the tech so that makes it very unfriendly.
7. Sauce (unregistered)
This is happening to about 14+ other car bramds as well
10. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
That's what i like about Apple. The ecosystem with its products and partners are unbeatable. Standalone devices with many "options" should take these options more realistically.
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
12. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 243; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Great Apple is going to sue car manufactures next.