Apple and HTC offer to show agreement to Samsung, but heavily redacted
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Nov 2012, 14:35
In the never ending story that is Apple’s and Samsung’s patent fight, Apple and HTC are ready to offer Samsung a look at their recently drafted license agreement...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. tedkord posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:41 3 0
Admitting your problem is the first step. Congratulations.
23. AnTuTu posted on 21 Nov 2012, 16:09 6 2
Mxyzptlk:- Go n work in a fruit store dude. Definitely you have got some serious mentally issues.
26. -box- posted on 21 Nov 2012, 18:56 2 1
Wow, apple doesn't think these terms are relevant?
Greedy and narrowminded, typical apple.
At least Microsoft licenses its patents at the same rate for all the OEMs, most pay $5-15 per handset for them depending on what all all patents are utilized. Apple should learn from this.
2. Mxyzptlk posted on 21 Nov 2012, 14:42 3 16
If they cared about fair business, Samsung would do the agreement. It would actually save more money than getting crushed in lawsuits.
4. ajac09 posted on 21 Nov 2012, 14:45 8 0
they do care about fair business hence why they want to see it hence why they are not letting apple wallk all over them
5. chaoticrazor posted on 21 Nov 2012, 14:47 5 2
mate your so one sided its unbelievable, you must be the most unreasonable and biased person on here. considering apple fired the first shot shouldnt you be saying ''apple needs to apologize, drop all these petty patents and court battles and use that money to re-invent the iphone''
8. Mxyzptlk posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:07 3 13
Why should Apple apologize for Samsung copying their ideas and designs?
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:13 13 1
apple has copied too man......accept that
12. chaoticrazor posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:14 7 1
im sorry but apple never have there own idea's they repackage and market other peoples ideas to make it look like theres. besides by your logic the maker of the first ever mobile phone should sue every other company as they have copied right?
with apple way of doing things innovation and tech are dead, no company will have any room to play and develop there idea's in fear of breaching some stupid vague patent
besides as mentioned before by others lg and the prada came out before the iphone so lg should be suing
14. plgladio posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:18 6 0
Hey Mxzyzptlk one thing about you is even Cook would not be a die hard fan of Apple but you are, fans and lovers are blind always on the attracted thing..
16. MistB posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:28 1 0
Sorry, you aren't KA from Germancarforum are you? Same about of bias and one sided blindness in his argument, it's ridiculous. Blinded by badge, nothing more. That's what Apple has become in the end.
22. tedkord posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:51 3 0
I'll ask you again. How much is Apple paying LG for the Prada design? How much are they paying Palm for the icon grid? How much are they paying Neonode for swipe to unlock?
Samsung didn't copy Apple any more than Apple copied others.
And, if and when Apple come out with a TV, and its a rectangle with thin bezels with apps (like every Samsung, LG, etc...) TV out there, what will they pay for copying that design? And, where will be your cries of outrage over it. Were all know the answer to that one.
15. GeekMovement posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:20 3 0
chaoticrazor is so very true. mxyzptlk has nothing in his/her head except for that avatar.
lol talk about fairness because Apple has always been fair as we all know..
6. _Bone_ posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:00 0 0
So how much should they ask for the LTE patents, in fairness?
7. Mxyzptlk posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:06 2 10
They got in trouble with the government for trying that.
10. _Bone_ posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:11 7 0
13. dsDoan posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:16 6 0
And provide reliable citations.
21. tedkord posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:44 3 0
No, they didn't, because Samsung's LTE patents are not FRAND, and to quote Apple, they are not required to license them at all.
9. dsDoan posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:09 4 0
Apple doesn't do "fair business." When licensing from Apple, it's going to cost big. If licensing to Apple, they'll pay $1 per device. And that is Apple being generous.
20. tedkord posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:43 2 0
Right. Because Apple's offer of $20 per phone while only paying out $0.001 was both fair and serious.
What color is the sky in your world?
24. joey_sfb posted on 21 Nov 2012, 17:48 1 0
You really make a good spoke man for apple just as stubborn and unreasonable.
17. Valdomero posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:29 1 0
Samsung's may be planning avoid and attack at any blind spot apple may have (if any), seems tough by having only 33 words available to read.
Hopes on Sammy won't let us down.
18. lyndon420 posted on 21 Nov 2012, 15:30 2 0
I'm betting the blacked out parts are the fees that HTC is paying for apple's amazing and innovative rectangle technology.
28. roscuthiii posted on 22 Nov 2012, 06:17 0 0
I guess it doesn't really matter right now what fee amounts are being paid to Apple provided that Apple has agreed to any fees at all if these are the patents Apple had previously claimed they would never license in the first place citing irreparable harm.
All Samsung really needs is the patent numbers and any verbiage granting license. That might be doable in 33 words no matter how many pages the contract is.