Apple and Amazon settle App Store lawsuit
0. phoneArena 09 Jul 2013, 14:26 posted on
Apple and Amazon have finally ended their courtroom bickering over the use of the "app store" name; U.S. District Judge Phyllis Hamilton agreed with the request of both companies to dismiss the case which puts a halt to a trial that was scheduled to begin on August 19th. As part of the arrangement between the two companies, Apple promised not to sue Amazon over its use of the name for the Amazon Appstore....
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Leica_Shooter (Posts: 18; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Apple backed out before the embarrassment of losing a ridiculous lawsuit.
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6674; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
For once Apple done something right. Getting sick of their petty lil law suit over a stupid name
5. buccob (Posts: 1539; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
To be fair... Apple does get many lawsuit for names too... iPhone, iWatch, iPad... etc... all terms already taken in different countries..
but we all know they deserve it...
8. joey_sfb (Posts: 3099; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
"it was Apple's decision to give up the case and leave Amazon free to use the term app store"
Apple should not start this sort of law suit in the first place. Anyway in March 2011, Apple still has its godlike untouchable status. Now they know they are swimming in hot s**t just like the rest of us.
4. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
Now do this in all your other lawsuits
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6674; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Yes but but first drop its greedy million dollar law suit against Samsung.
6. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
iNtelligence prevailed at last for one case at least.
9. networkdood (Posts: 6306; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
It is not really 900,000 apps, Mr. Cook.