Apple amends lawsuit to cover Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung GALAXY Note
0. phoneArena posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:12
A lawsuit filed by Apple against Samsung back in February has been amended by the Cupertino based company to include two of Samsung's hottest selling models, the Samsung Galaxy S III and the Samsung GALAXY Note...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. J1919 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:16 68 3
Seriusly, Word completion and Slide to Unlock (which was found invalid in the HTC case?)
28. neutralguy posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:59 52 1
hahaha funny but slide to unlock used to lock/unlock my bedroom door. :))
77. Lwazi_N posted on 01 Sep 2012, 04:12 18 1
LMAO, now that you mention it- my bedroom door too also uses slide to unlock hahahaha
117. iami67 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 11:36 2 0
Yeah are the going to have to come remove my closet door now and me replace it lol
43. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2012, 00:15 36 1
Desperate it is. I predict the coming iPhone launch will be the biggest flop ever.
71. anywherehome posted on 01 Sep 2012, 02:18 32 1
I hope they will ban iPhone.......completely rotten, immoral, non-competetive thief, liar Apple....
104. moroninc posted on 01 Sep 2012, 10:06 14 1
I went from Apple fanboy to Samsung fan overnight because of what they did to Sammy over a dumbfounding Rectangle patient (which should never have been approved). Its like wiping out an opponent on the field without a ref so you could win.. So much for fair trade
10. neutralguy posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:25 58 1
NOW APPLE IS BEING RIDICULOUS. SERIOUSLY? Gnote? GS3?
Gs2 was understandable. But Gnote? GS3?
LET'S SEE IF YOUR IPHONE 5 COULD HAVE LTE!
64. dickwyn posted on 01 Sep 2012, 01:24 32 2
How the Fu*k will the G Note even copy the iPhone design, its blody he*l 5 inch
67. Forsaken77 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 02:09 4 24
Has nothing at all to do with the design. It's certain features and technology that the phones using.
99. cristhiansaid posted on 01 Sep 2012, 09:34 11 1
but its so ridiculous........ ....dirty war...
19. hung2900 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:38 43 1
I see that Apple has pissed off everybody even ifans :))
57. sakib.ahsan posted on 01 Sep 2012, 00:49 21 1
What he said!!!!!
24. The_Godfather posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:46 43 1
Order Order Order
We hereby announce that each and every individual in States shall only buy and use an Apple iPhone & iPad. No matter you like it or not everyone have to use an Apple iPhone & iPad.
We are totally f**ked up with the innovation and class of Samsung and all other tech giants out there in the phone & tablet market. Just to let you know that we are going to introduce an iPhone 5 (different name with the same design) this year and with more than 200 new features which you will never find on this device.
A f**ked up Apple
30. Mxyzptlk posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:59 3 63
Well if they don't violate patents they won't get sued.
36. frydaexiii posted on 01 Sep 2012, 00:07 30 1
More like if they didn't sell well they wouldn't get sued, like back in 2010 when the first Galaxy was released, it didn't sell that well.
Crap...fed the troll.
70. Forsaken77 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 02:14 7 3
Are you high? The og Galaxy 1 phones didn't sell that well? They were some of the best selling phones across all 4 major carriers. Because they sold so well, the GS2 sold even more. But that's when Steve was still running Apple and they probably didn't want to stress him out with worldwide lawsuits.
95. networkdood posted on 01 Sep 2012, 08:29 1 0
fry, the GS1 in the states sold very well, for Android at that time - not as well as the current GS3 and GN, of course.
47. Savage posted on 01 Sep 2012, 00:24 16 1
Then why don't you try asking Apple to ask for reasonable royalties instead of trying to limit customer's choice.
In fact, how is this rotten company still relevant in spite of their recent nefarious practices?
69. andro. posted on 01 Sep 2012, 02:14 8 0
They are still somewhat revel ant due to blind fans who will buy apple products no matter what,also apples largest user base and teenagers and looking 'cool' is all what matter here,apple have gouged into this market. Outside the US its a different story and apple is left watching android gain up to 70% of the market and apples ridiculous copycat tantrums havebeen ignored. If americans don't wake up soon they might find a situation where the only smartphone available is an iPhone.
123. darkkjedii posted on 01 Sep 2012, 12:03 3 0
I have to agree with u andro. This is getti h ridiculous. I'm slowly losing respect for apple due to their business practices. This is just wrong man
128. andro. posted on 01 Sep 2012, 12:59 2 0
darkkjedii I think even the most hardened ifans are now slowly starting to stop and question apples tactics
133. darkkjedii posted on 01 Sep 2012, 14:07 2 0
Your right man I've been rocking apple since the iPod came out, and never thought I'd leave but the stuff they're doin with Sammy is jus uncool. As of now I'm waiting for the gnote2 instead of the iPhone. As a consumer/techie I simply can't and don't agree with apple and this banning and stifling innovation. I still like the iPhone/iPad, but am definitely goin with a note
73. PhoneArenaUser posted on 01 Sep 2012, 03:17 10 0
"Well if they don't violate patents they won't get sued."
If Samsung has violated Apple's patents, then why Apple is suing Samsung only in these days? Have you thinked about that before?
All this hell is not due patents, patents is only tool to achieve goal but reason why Apple sues is not the patents!
106. moroninc posted on 01 Sep 2012, 10:23 1 0
ok suppose they patented your TV design,( same as patenting a rectangle if you ask me, which they have btw) and decided that you can't use any other product that looks like it (the rectangle) and you only can buy the apple iTV product. doesn't sound fair does it.
131. downphoenix posted on 01 Sep 2012, 13:51 0 0
Not just that but they can charge as much as they want and to tiny price increases along the way, isntead of having to be semi competitive and pricing within the realm of what normal people would pay for a product.
60. Droid_X_Doug posted on 01 Sep 2012, 00:54 9 0
Maybe this gets Sammy to update the GS III to JB quickly? The Note II is supposed to ship with JB, so probably no issues with that handset.
JB for the GS III could be on a fast track. Woohoo!
65. dickwyn posted on 01 Sep 2012, 01:25 7 1
even me im a an apple fanboy think that this is really over the limit
88. smartphone posted on 01 Sep 2012, 07:51 4 0
These lawsuit are necessary for Apple becoz they know the next iPhone will be dwarfed by the smartphone beasts out there so they have to make money in some way.
122. mandkeee posted on 01 Sep 2012, 12:01 1 15
DEAR GOOGLE AND SAMSUNG....
137. Sniggly posted on 01 Sep 2012, 20:57 3 0
Why? What heinous thing have Samsung and Google done?
138. jroc74 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 21:00 4 0
He's just pissed at the first comment on pg 1 that has about a million green thumbs...lol
153. question2032 posted on 10 Dec 2012, 23:57 0 0
Who is this moron to be telling them to f**k off, as you can see, apple is becoming desperate. How could they think that the Galaxy SIII infringed their patents. I hope that the GS4 can trash all those iPhone 5's. I personally would never ever buy an apple device.
147. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2012, 17:29 0 0
Dear wanna be Steve Jobs(Tim Cook),
Quit trying to be like him, im glad he is dead because all he wanted to do was force the enitre world to have an iPhone. Apple, instead of complaining and whining about people (copying) you, why dont you pose a little challenge? for example: "To all wireless manufacturers, i challenge you to beat iPhone is sales and overall quality, do whatever you have to do to attempt to beat us, for we (Apple) will do whatever it takes to drain your bank accountsand spy on your technology because it is so much better than ours"
2. Sniggly posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:16 29 1
When even CNN features an editorial comparing you to an increasingly evil drug selling maniac, Apple, it's time to kindly sit down and shut the f**k up.
26. Sniggly posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:49 16 0
50. mas11 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 00:34 6 0
Thanks for the link, have you seen Forbes' take on the trial?http://www.forbes.com/sites/ha
52. Sniggly posted on 01 Sep 2012, 00:39 5 0
Just finished reading it. It's an excellent article.
139. jroc74 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 21:01 0 0
Another Forbes article about the GS3 and sales:
33. frydaexiii posted on 01 Sep 2012, 00:02 20 1
Don't hope to get a proper reply, there's a huge "Don't feed the troll" sign on top of your cage.
34. neutralguy posted on 01 Sep 2012, 00:04 16 0
Hahaha. tell that to the other court trials that samsung was victorious. :)))
40. Sniggly posted on 01 Sep 2012, 00:11 15 0
It is to you when Google and Motorola do it. In fact, it's so wrong to you that you make up reasons to justify why you think it's wrong.
Or, here's a response you're more likely to understand, given our past interactions:
111. applesauce posted on 01 Sep 2012, 10:35 8 0
135. Sniggly posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:09 2 0
LOL! FULL of win!
68. luxzy801 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 02:12 8 0
Here is a simple answer to your question:
Protecting "YOUR" property is not wrong and is encouraged in any shape or form.
However, Apple is not protecting their proprety. The only thing here that is actual intellectual property of apple is S2U (and this is to the best of my knowledge, S2U might have existed as a concept prior to the iPhone, however, since I do not have any knowledge of such prior concepts, I will not argue against you or Apple on this one), all others existed. Even Apples Data Detector patent is based off of the capacitive screen prototype I/O Code from 2003, resistive screen input code from the 1980s and has been used on devices for a long time, even by Apple itself in the form of the Newton Tablet.
Three out of the four so called infringed patents do not belong to apple at all.
124. applesauce posted on 01 Sep 2012, 12:53 2 0
S2U preexisted ios. Look at all the locks you encounter on a daily basis, especially for doors. Most use a •gasp• sliding mechanism to initiate a locking function. The design most similar to apple's concept (to my knowledge) is the style of lock typically found on fences and the like, with a long bolt with a knob protruding from it for the use to slide the bolt sideways within its holder to initiate the locking function. It's not a new concept. Hasn't been for centuries.
55. jroc74 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 00:44 6 0
Apple....yall really need to chill out. Getting a lil too big headed. Dont let that ego be your downfall.
3. sarb009 posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:16 11 0
i new it apple will cry once more after seeing so many different and innovating devices announced 2 days before. dear apple plz release more than one device a year rather than sueing samsung more than once daily. with regards, a consumer.
4. redmd posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:16 7 0
hahaha I saw this coming since those 2 are definitely best seller.
63. redmd posted on 01 Sep 2012, 01:23 8 0
I was planning to get the iPhone 5 as a backup phone for my Android but will have to cancel it as a sign of protest to Apple. WP8 will gladly be considered.
6. Sniggly posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:17 28 1
And really, slide to unlock? With the Note and S3 you can literally swipe in any direction to unlock the phone. f**king. Bogus.
11. protozeloz posted on 31 Aug 2012, 23:25 8 0
more promotion to Samsung, as long a Senior Vice President Koh and her 9 interns are not involved