Apple almost catches up with Samsung in total connected device share in Q4 2012
Data from analysts IDC is interesting because while Apple does reveal official sales numbers, Samsung does not, so the public has to rely on analysts and researchers’ estimates.
Apple has made a tremendous jump in the last quarter of 2012 to grab a 20.3% of the connected devices market (global smartphone, tablet, desktop, and laptop sales included), while Samsung was still on top but with a tinier advantage and only 21.4% share. For better perspective, in the preceding quarter, Apple held 15.7% of that market.
We do expect however Samsung’s early Galaxy S4 launch to change the dynamics in the beginning of 2013 with the Koreans expanding their lead. Who knows, though, Apple is also rumored to have some secrets like a supposed watch up its sleeves.
While the market share was bigger for Samsung, Apple actually did better in terms of revenue grabbing 30.7% of that while Samsung got 20.4%.
1. aryanfr1 (Posts: 85; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
I really admire that Apple though having one model in smartphone Apple beats every one(Note that I am both apple Ipad,Iphone and samsung S3 user)
4. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
duh the revenue is getting next to samsung there tablets are more money then any of the companys ...once you buy something from apple its always higher in price basic math
5. tedkord (Posts: 5270; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
They have three models of smartphones on sale at any one time.
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
compare to 25 from Samsung... it is still very little compare to all the variants Samsung has
13. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Because choice is a bad thing? Moron.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 12624; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
He missed his point, and still called HIM a moron. Wowwwww
8. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
that's because of the old glory that Apple has since 1976...
6. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Considering how the American public has been brainwashed by Apple's marketing into believing that they have a great product, Samsung is doing well.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't even think about it, Apple!
10. jphillips63 (Posts: 185; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
good lord PA you gonna throw in a gimmicky watch to boost apples sales? Really well then why not throw in Samsungs TV's they sell Lets get down to real numbers here and use the companies overall earnings and not just what you feel to choose to compare with.
I'm so tired of you guys picking and choosing and leaving out biys and pieces of stories. You're getting as bad as the Liberal owned News stations.
12. MartianMe (unregistered)
WTF...that's old news from last year .this is a new year 2013 in case some people didn't know ...haha
16. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
does it mean samsung is disconnected device? hahaha