Apple allows two fake Halo 4 apps to be sold in the App Store
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Dec 2012, 17:23
If you happened to notice a couple of apps in the Apple App Store purporting to be Halo 4, your best bet is to forget it as the apps are obviously fake; it is hard to imagine that not one, but two such fakes made it through Apple's tough approval and app listing process and were up for sale at a price of $4.99 each even though one was merely a chess game and the other was a racing game...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hobble posted on 21 Dec 2012, 17:27 17 1
And to think, I was led to believe these types of problems are only native to android.
6. Nadr1212 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 17:53 5 0
If Apple gets $ off of this I can totally understand y they didn't stop it
3. Droiddoes posted on 21 Dec 2012, 17:43 4 1
LMAO as much as apple likes to cry, b*tch, p*ss and moan like a toddler about "waaaah u copied us!" I find it hilariously ironic that they would allow this.
Just when I think they can't fail any harde LOL
7. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 18:59 7 0
Apple is just letting anything through to keep their numbers up against Android.
8. theBankRobber posted on 21 Dec 2012, 20:44 1 1
And they said Android users are the stupid ones. LMMFAO at these IOS retards.
9. jroc74 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 21:06 1 0
Say it isnt so.....
"But but but....fake apps never happen in the Apple app store...., har har har Android!!"
Lets see how this is defended by the usual suspects....
11. reyenrique posted on 21 Dec 2012, 21:27 0 0
well lt look like apple is showing there true color scam the peple,
12. Berzerk000 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 22:34 3 0
Nah, Apple's perfect. Those aren't scam apps, Apple just re-made Halo 4, and made it better obviously! :D /sarcasm
13. rusticguy posted on 21 Dec 2012, 23:28 0 0
Anything for a "Few Dollars More" ... after all Sir Jonny bought a 17 mil house just recently and some has to bear the expenses.:)
14. rajagopalan.k posted on 22 Dec 2012, 01:01 1 0
so much for the PREMIUM online application store!
15. ReddD posted on 22 Dec 2012, 02:54 1 0
If they let something as blatant as this through twice then I wonder just how many viruses get through daily!
17. rajagopalan.k posted on 22 Dec 2012, 06:12 1 0
according to APPLE PROTOCOL
you've downloaded the app wrongly.
18. faizanshakyboy posted on 22 Dec 2012, 06:13 0 0
Should anyone actually think the latest XBox 360 mega title would appear on an iOS device? Shame on these unscrupulous "developers" in the first place, but shame on the buyers for thinking it's the game itself. If they believe that, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn...
20. jroc74 posted on 22 Dec 2012, 11:18 0 0
Yea....some of us said the same thing when fake Apple apps were in the Google Play Store.
But.....the thing ppl harped on was "thats what happens when you have an app store not as controlled as Apple's" This isnt supposed to happen in the Apple app store. Its supposed to be a tightly run ship in Apple land.
More n more...the Apple vs. Androiod myths are dying one by one.
19. darac posted on 22 Dec 2012, 10:12 0 0
I really think it's time to drop the prism of the "perfect eco system", most tech journalists are using.
Take Verge reviews - Apple products get a 10 here by default, while Android phones can't get more than 8 (or 9 if it's the Nexus, which again shows the subjective bias )
The fact is Google play is getting better and better and has its advantages over the iTunes.
I mean, there are loads of apps that are free on Google play, and cost money on the app store.
And also, great exclusive apps on both sides, not just on the ..dark one.:p
21. Robert235 posted on 22 Dec 2012, 16:14 0 0
poor iphone users thought halo 4 would run on their device."can it run it".next month breaking news "iphone users bought fake crysis 3 approved by apple".
22. microsoftnokiawin posted on 22 Dec 2012, 17:46 0 0
i still think it's unfair how some retard made a sh8TLOAD of money with no punishment or anything