Apple allegedly telling suppliers to prep for the iPad 4, coming mid-2013 with two-chip LEDs
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Oct 2012, 08:35
The next-gen iPad will reportedly feature the same 9.7" screen size, but the "Resolutionary" display which be much simplified, with half of the 84 LED units needed now for the backlighting, which complicate the design and consume battery life. The 2013 iPad will be using two-chip packages instead of single chip ones for those LED lights now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. Peter27 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 09:10 5 2
another same looking iPad.
it will be mess when buying second hand.
are you sure this is 4 and not 3? well it might be the iPad 2. oh wait.it does not have camera, so it is iPad 1 indeed.
13. phonemonkey posted on 16 Oct 2012, 10:11 2 3
just like every android phone that repackages the same thing and resells it and you stay mesmerized
16. Peter27 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 11:15 3 1
there are no 2 Android tablets that looks same, not saying about 4, so I don't know what you taking about.
30. maryaaadil posted on 16 Oct 2012, 22:28 1 0
Ifans think everyone is like Apple.
9. InspectorGadget80 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 09:13 6 2
And still people don't realize it will always look the same year after year
10. AlexYouOC posted on 16 Oct 2012, 09:14 5 0
Apple releases a "different" product every year... but its all usually the exact same thing. None of their products differentiate except in size. As long as everything (iPod, iPhone, iPad) is running the same OS, wtf is so special bout getting one over the other ?? Oh yea, 1 is a phone -__-
12. Seymur posted on 16 Oct 2012, 10:07 1 1
I agree, they need to do some changes with iOS too. Otherwise iPad will be just a Fail.
14. rusticguy posted on 16 Oct 2012, 10:27 0 2
Reminds me of Indian Car called "Ambassador" ... hasn't changed much in appearance for more than 4 decades ...
32. thelegend6657 posted on 17 Oct 2012, 02:01 0 2
Exactly most iFans don't really upgrade the device they just update the iOS
15. CreeDiddy posted on 16 Oct 2012, 10:34 0 0
Apple needs to merge OSX with their tablets to differentiate. People are tired of the same pattern. It's time the iPhone and iPad merge with OSX. This would kill the market if it happens.
19. Peter27 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 11:59 3 0
wait, so you mean the new iPad is not going to be new anymore? I don't understand it. :)
22. rusticguy posted on 16 Oct 2012, 12:51 0 0
As they say if you cannot convince them then CONFUSE them to make sales :)
28. kyp5035 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 20:37 0 0
haha, it'll be called newer ipad, then ipad 5 will be newest ipad, ipad 6 will be newestest ipad
20. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2012, 12:10 1 0
Another option is they won't add a single thing, thereby bringing in even more profit. At the same time they'll be new marketing campaigns letting people know the battery lasts longer and weighs less. You'll just have to buy it, because.
21. lyndon420 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 12:21 1 1
Bring it on. I can't wait to see tim cooks newest disaster. I need a good laugh...haven't had one since people stopped talking about the iphone5.
24. Nadr1212 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 13:36 0 0
Apple shouldn't make this ipad unless they make MAJOR changes to, well... EVERY THING!!!!
About it, haha ha, I'm I'm cr-razy!!!! Ha. But seriously :|
25. xtremesv posted on 16 Oct 2012, 17:12 0 0
Apple knows they out of ideas to bring something really revolutionary to the iPad, that's why they ditched the number after the product name to disguise every iteration and its lack of new features, so every time you buy an iPad you're simply buying the"new" one, even if that means nothing. They will brag about the new iPad being lighter or having a bigger battery or getting a mega ultra retina display (with an obsolete ratio) that not even a fly eye can properly discern but as long as their OS is a toy system, they will be phased out sooner or later by competition.
29. Luuthian posted on 16 Oct 2012, 21:30 0 0
I find it strange that Apple packs huge batteries into their tablets but refuses to do so in their phones. I would gladly sacrafice a couple milimeters on the iPhone 5 for increased battery capacity.
33. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 17 Oct 2012, 06:05 0 0
i want an iPad! as an ereader and a toy...but actually i'd love to buy an iPod 5th gen than an iPhone!!! if i want apps then iPod suits me...while on a phone, N9! and camera, 808 pureview.. and social networking blackberry phone! :)
34. pliskin1 posted on 18 Oct 2012, 03:19 0 0
Apples naming scheme is funny. But if Apple really wants to be serious, they would do some OSX merging with the ipad, to differentiate from the ipod/iphone.