Apple allegedly preparing "an army of new products" this fall
Cook organized the meeting in an attempt to boost iPhone sales through Apple Stores. While Apple’s iconic modern glass-decorated stores are extremely efficient in selling MacBooks and iPads, they only sell around 20% of the total number of iPhones sold. The remaining majority of iPhone sales happens via carriers and other channels.
Apple however wants to change this as it considers the iPhone an important gateway into the company’s other products as people who buy it are more likely to buy other Apple devices as well.
Interestingly, we are already seeing the first fruits of that effort in Apple’s just launched Back to School promo campaign offering a $50 gift card towards iPhone purchases for students. The other element of Apple’s strategy to raise awareness about Apple Stores as the best place to buy an iPhone is a trade-in program that is set to launch in the near future. It could also include incentives towards a new iPhone purchase for those that come in store with a damaged handset.
Another topic that Tim Cook discussed with Apple Store Leaders was allegedly a rumor that carrier stores provide incentives to employees to sell devices other than the iPhone. Since Apple cannot do much about this, it is instead concentrating more efforts on selling devices in its own stores.
Cook also spoke about how hugely important iOS is to the company’s future. But the most important piece of news here is the fact that Apple is all ready to ship a brand new selection of iPhone, iPad and Macs this fall. Exciting, isn’t it?
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1299; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
having the old rainbow apple behind him is a bad sign
33. buccob (Posts: 1303; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Means there's just pot at the end... no gold
66. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
no no, just expect some old, stolen products already been on the market 10 years with so poor security as usual, patented and suing! :)
74. joey_sfb (Posts: 2499; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I actually do like the rainbow logo, that when I use the Apple IIe when I was a toddler. Bring back memory. Karataka.
9. wando77 (Posts: 265; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Good luck Tim as I have also seen many people switching to galaxy phones. I think they take one look at a 5" screen and see how good it is for browsing, playing games, watching films and viewing photos
61. stealthd (Posts: 911; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Yeah...they don't. A lot of people like the S3, a lot don't. The S4 sold a lot slower than the iPhone 5. I work in a wireless store I get a lot of people saying the the S3/4 is too big for a phone (never mind the Notes).
69. galanoth (Posts: 281; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
How do people not like the S4 over the S3.
The overall chassis footprint is smaller on the S4.
But get a larger screen size. Win win.
79. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Strange, the S4 is roughly the same size, just bigger screen. You sure you don't work in an Apple store?
11. amiaq (Posts: 377; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Thanks Apple,my mom and dad will be very delightful with this announcement. My grandparents might be interested as well.
44. darkkjedii (Posts: 10071; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
So will I, and most of the young adults I transport daily.
45. darkkjedii (Posts: 10071; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Last I checked dollars are green, no matter who's spending them. Dumb insults are dumb insults, no matter who types them. Hmmmm
12. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I'm sorry but 3 products don't make an army.
43. momonm1 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 May 2011)
actually no need an army..., even 1 iPhone and 1 iPad per year is enough to outsell any combined android devices from samsung and other brands...
63. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Typical iSheep, but facts don't lie.
2013 Q1 sales:
Apple: 56.9 Million units ( iPhones 37.4M + iPads 19.5M )
Samsung: 79.5 Million units ( Smartphones 70.7M + Tablets 8.8M )
75. momonm1 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 May 2011)
great data... ok how about flagship device to another...
lets say iphone 4s and S3???
77. AngusNG12345 (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
samsung sell plenty of phones... maybe try compare the sales of 4s to S3, and 5 to S4?
48. darkkjedii (Posts: 10071; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
3 products selling 100,000,000 units = army. And you'll be buying all 3 secret apple fan. You love apple, but are afraid to say so cuz u fear the android nation backlash, and u know it.
67. ilia1986 (unregistered)
The only way anyone can cause me to buy an Apple product is for Android somehow magically disappear.
Not gonna happen. Ever.
68. darkkjedii (Posts: 10071; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Stop your fibbing. I'm not new to this site? I know the real.
13. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Lovin' that million dollar smile
14. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Probably preparing for "an army of new lawsuits" this fall.
21. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
So it will be:
a new iphone
a cheap iphone
a new ipad
a new ipad mini
a mac book
the i-watch (if they get the trademark for it)
and maybe some other product that we dont yet know about.
Since when did an army comprise of 7?
24. ianbbaa (Posts: 196; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
..you forgot iPod...which is an obsolete device in these days...
64. flamencoguy (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
they count colors as different products
65. downphoenix (Posts: 2266; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
its being made by an army of Foxconn workers, so maybe that counts?
30. ronalgps0 (Posts: 8; Member since: 22 Jun 2013)
Did Apple. Invented the smartphone? Wtf. I admit Apple. Make a iPhone to got famous cuz of nice apps but there waren smartphone already out there + this was a matter time to people could really appreciate a smartphone the way to touch screen apple used was a of the principal features to people love. But sad not everybody knows what really innovation is.
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 10071; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude no disrespect, but if English isn't you're native language, you should have someone help you with your posts that can type it correctly.
58. darkkjedii (Posts: 10071; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man potato, that post was a headache to read
70. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Really! I recommend him to eat potatoes for better grammar.
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 10071; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Can't wait to see apple fall lineup. Should be some goodies to buy.
40. momonm1 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 May 2011)
Cant wait for the next iPhone(5S or 6)!!!
Put more Android Devices this year to outsell this new iPhone... if you can... hehehe...
81. Caralho (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Actually, the iPhone 5's sales have been dismal so far. I'm in the industry, and things don't bode well for Apple...
59. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What a joke all the posts have been deleted....
Before it use to say "dosen't meet discussion rules" then you would click on it read what other users have said. But now others have missed out what posters have wrote.
What a joke....®
60. Baseballer (Posts: 131; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Woah. What happened to the supposed 57 comments?
71. Ohrules (Posts: 305; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
see the small note at the end if the comments?
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
76. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
Thb I don't Apple at all but releasing a mid range smartphone will be great and I'll buy it as a secondary device
78. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2293; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
So let's see face to face, Android's brigade vs Apple's army. Who wins?
Obviously 'Consumer...'. :)
82. rabidhunter (Posts: 90; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
Apple: We just slap a higher number or an s after the number and call it innovation.
Apple: litigation is our innovation.