Apple affordable ‘iPhone Light’ and 'iPhone 5S' drawings leak out, trustworthy enough for case makers
First and foremost, you’d notice the new affordable iPhone referred to as iPhone Light. Secondly, the two devices look fairly similar size-wise. The new iPhone Light is portrayed as a slightly thicker and larger device, but it still retains that single-handed operation appeal. It will also have a 4-inch display, use the same round home button and have a front facing camera.
The actual form of the iPhone Light will be different though. It’ll be only a hair thicker, but to make up it will come up with rounded edges on the back. Button and port locations are to remain the same in the two upcoming devices.
There are no details about the cameras in the two devices, but the iPhone 5S drawing does sport a pill-shaped housing suggesting that it’d use a dual-LED flash while the iPhone light only has a single LED flash.
Finally, having case makers use these drawings is definitely some sort of indication about their authenticity. It is not a guarantee, though. In their attempts to deliver cases on day 1 of new Apple launches, case makers like Hard Candy have erred in the past losing tens of thousands of dollars. Take a look and use your own judgment, but do not hesitate to let us know what you think the future for Apple, possibly revealed by this.
Apple affordable ‘iPhone Light’ and 'iPhone 5S' drawings leak out, trustworthy enough for case m
1. Osman (Posts: 44; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Awkward moment when iPhone Light is Heavy but not Light. (Lumia 520/620 inspired design)
15. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 204; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
More like the iPhone 3G design... But whatevs
26. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
iNSPIRE. iCOPY. iNNOVATE. iWILL-SUE.
34. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1269; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Should we call the 920 and N9 iPods?
4. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
The iPoor. An iPhone for peasants and made by peasants.
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
Me want iPhone light :)
6. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I preferred the old wendygarret....
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
Me now same old Wendy, me heart same old Apple, bite bite bite :)
9. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Have you actually ever been tested......
28. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I prefer new wandygarret.. Unbiased and friendly (somehow similar to XPERIADROID)
7. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Oh dear apple.....we are not magpies who get attracted to pretty colours....
16. samystic (Posts: 193; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
be satisfied with blacks, dull blues and grays of s3, and standard whites of preety much all galaxies... o man this is my 3rd reply to you today! and none of your comments make sense!
23. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
lumia comes in pretty colors too btw n many ppl liked it just for that reason..now that its an iphone , im pretty sure many will love it !
36. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1269; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yes, since the basic design for the Lumias, and the predecessor N9, resemble the older iPod Nanos, I would say it is fair to brand the Nokia a ripoff. Thumbs up from me.
11. cripton805 (Posts: 995; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I think an iPhone that almost identically resembled a current iPod Nano would sell well. A smaller aluminum touchscreen package just like it. Just your basic features and more basic useful apps available.
12. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Most iPhone users buy a iPhone to show off though, if it is cheaper then where is the show factor, besides some of the poorest in society end up with an iPhone....
21. cripton805 (Posts: 995; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Thats what Im saying. Dont make a low end phone and make it seem like one. Make one in disguise of a mini version except with all aluminum and small.
13. MalakiMills (Posts: 256; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
I kinda like the look of this. I also like that they aren't gonna cheap out and go back to the 3.5 inch screen. If they basically make this a 4s with the 4 inch screen it'll do pretty well.
14. lorenzattractor (Posts: 64; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I gotta say, this looks worse than Samsung's designs. Heck it makes them look "cool".
17. Notsosuperdave (Posts: 25; Member since: 15 May 2013)
unless it give me an iHummer, i aint convinced- still oogling the BBZ10
18. JMartin22 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
They're making an iPhone budget phone? Just when you thought it couldn't get anymore low end. The iPhone 5 is already considered midrange at best.
33. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6726; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
wouldnt call it budget phone it probably guessing cost 400-500$ NO CONTRACT
22. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
The render is an improvement to the iphail design philosophy, that is, one of the biggest complaints I have with the iph4 and above is the hard edges that make it uncomfortable, even painful, to hold. The original and 3g/gs had the rounded back but a rough seam between the bezel and back, making it feel cheap, toylike, and also uncomfortable.
Why do people like these things again?
Also, insert obligatory Lumia reference here.
24. volcano (Posts: 267; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
wtf copying windows phone isn't enough now they are copying nokia
35. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1269; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Back the bus up. The iPod Nano predates the N9.
25. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
All apple does is copy everyone dont know why you all dont see that yet. The multi colored options make the phone look very cheap and plastic like. Funny all theses apple fans said samsung was garbage cause the plastic now apple is going to have it and it looks good to them. lol comical
27. greathero1 (Posts: 494; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
What's comical is that you are comparing an entry level phone with a cheesy looking plastic to a high end phone with cheesy looking plastic. Most are complaining because of the plastic on the high end models that look cheap and feel cheap. The overwhelming majority of folks don't mind plastic made to look and feel high end. Notice how no one says "Cheap plastic" for Nokia models. It's because those bricks don't feel or look cheap and feel good in the hand.
29. TechDork (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 May 2010)
I actually like the form factor of the iPhone Light. I've always liked the rounded edges of the 1st gen iPhone, very ergonomic & form fitting; sturdy feel too. I think it looks quite cool.
30. masterpogi6 (Posts: 11; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Apple is always a monster in the world of mobile phones. I love apple :D. Samsung and HTC always copy the design and concept of Apple that is why those two company $@(k$! What a loser :D lol LOL LOL :D
31. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6726; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
must be very expensive too paint all those iPhones
38. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Scenes from the next chapter: Apple sues Nokia and Microsoft over colorful Lumia Phones. And Samsung for white phones.And all the phone makers for violating their patent of a rectangular phone with touchscreen
39. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
uh...they look almost exactly the same. =|