Apple adds Jelly Bean, Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 and Samsung GALAXY Nexus in latest patent suit
0. phoneArena 06 Nov 2012, 22:46 posted on
Apple is requesting that the Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1, the Samsung GALAXY Nexus and through the latter, Android 4.1, be added to the list of products that Apple claims infringes on its patents; the trial will start in the year 2014...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
38. chkee89 (Posts: 10; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
speechless with apple...except lawsuit...apple still can do nothing...nothing new or innovation in its latest device...
40. CheapSocks (Posts: 21; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
suing because their devices are compatible with stylus's yet don't ship with one and apple hugely opposes the use of stylus... YOU ARE FULL OF STUPID APPLE
41. bluexperia (Posts: 41; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
when they dont have any idea, they sue.....
44. lyndon420 (Posts: 4460; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Remember when apple had to issue bumper cases to fix their antenna problem? What's next...sue Samsung because they have cases?
Poor poor apple...richest company in the world and they still can't wow me with any of their products. You'd think they would be able to come up with a product by now that would make everyone ditch their current platform of choice for theirs.
Microsoft got into trouble when they were accused of trying to creating a monopoly. Now I'm beginning to wonder if ms bought a license for apple's amazing rectangle technology.
45. xfire99 (Posts: 856; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Where the heck did rotten Apple get stylus from and why just dont sue all god damned smartphone with touch instead. If there is touch and stylus can be used.
First how the phines/tabs looks like and now stylus?
Serious, I hopes that rotten Apple goes under and dont need to hear more of such ridiculous patents war.
If they cant take the competition, then leave the market and go sell Apples instead.
Everyone will be happy and we all get real new innovative devices to play with.
46. BREvenson (Posts: 240; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Now it is completely ridiculous. The usage of a stylus (even if the device did not come with one) is why these devices were added? This is a load of crap.
If this case goes even one step further, it will be hell on Earth for the tech world. Nothing will be safe...unless you're Apple.
48. byazatt (Posts: 269; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
And nothing apple will smell in my pocket or in my house!
51. lyndon420 (Posts: 4460; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Why? Why do you feel apple should win this? (not hating)
52. byazatt (Posts: 269; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Apple is just a thesis, innovation is anti thesis and the product is android. why does it take too long to synthesize that?
55. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Android 4.1 isn't owned by Samsung, it's owned by Google. How do they expect to anything out of Samsung when they don't own Android?
56. excavalon (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
I love how even Apple people are starting to become disgusted with all this. One day Apple will learn they should have stuck to trying to innovate and not just sue all the competition because they are scared. Notice they leave LG alone? Nexus 4 hello? Why not go after Google themselves? Because they know they wouldnt win.
59. tiara6918 (Posts: 2042; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Apple keeps on suing other companies even though some patents are not violated. WTH is wrong with that company?!
60. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Upon reading the word STYLUS I was like " The hell is this? " but then I remembered Rounded shape corner patent, then I was like ahhhh I see, so someone's indeed playing the Dumb & Dumber part. . .
61. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
"...the Korean manufacturer did just that, leading to Apple's actions on Tuesday."
Look at that. Apple desperately trying to find other flaws to counter attack. So stupid. So desperate. So pointless.
They are not going to get anywhere.
Apple fanatics should see this behavior and call it normal or justified? That just shows they're brainwashed the same.
63. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Apple thought that no one would ever compete with them, now they feel very threatened. Good job Sammy, dont sweat Apple and their litigious act.
65. hugo_chong (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
So does this mean when android get new update need to ask permission from apple........ ?? If not apple will sue ........
Does this make sense ??
Btw did iOS have any of the new feature in android 4.2 jelly bean ??
67. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
No but ios6 just received a lot of features from the older android versions.
68. Savage (unregistered)
1) *Read title*
2) *Rant against Apple*
3) *Hail Google & Android*
4) *Get 50 likes from Android supporters, fanboys and a couple of dislikes from iFans*
I'm bored even to go in details because I've said it many times. So up above is the summary.
71. SIGPRO (Posts: 1474; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Apple needs to stop this CR#P.......they should get bankrupt!
72. ram1337 (Posts: 6; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
Old saying "Apple a day keeps Doctors away"
New saying" Apple a day keeps competition away"
74. lyndon420 (Posts: 4460; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
"An apple a day keeps 'innovation' away".
75. Mfa901 (Posts: 282; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
Now apple is acting like a beggar in front of Samsung......
77. Mfa901 (Posts: 282; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
82. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
in other words, they are suing samsung for using capacitive touchscreen ? does apple has the patent for using stylus ? in 2006, people can buy touchscreen phones without the stylus and still be able to use their own stylus & no one freaking care.
apple: great at hardware, suck at being true in competition and software
85. sdevo555 (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Relax everyone.....As I have said before.....The hangmans noose is getting tighter and Apple is gasping for their next breath.....ANDROID.....
86. Aeires (unregistered)
Large corporations like Apple shouldn't be acting like this, it portrays a negative image of desperation. Apparently they haven't learned a thing from the past year, you can't sue your way to the top, all you'll end up doing is making the world your enemy. Eventually even iFans will turn away from this childish lawsuit behaviour.
89. giantumbi (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Apple your messing in the wrong sand box now
Your gonna get screwed messing withe the google
Hey apple go FFFFFFFFFF yourself what a bunch of losers
92. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
This is getting absolutely ridiculous! Apple throws the GNote 10.1 in the lawsuit fray along with the stylus?!! Or is it because the GS III sold 30mil globally which may be overtaken by the GNote II which is 3mil and since it's Android and Google it's free choice and open source.
BATTLECRY: BOYCOTT APPLE!!
94. amozhi (Posts: 130; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Soon apple expenses on lawsuit will be higher than the spendings on R&D...
Apple better innovate than following the competition a$$