Apple actually thought of naming the iPhone "Tripod" or "Telepod"
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Mar 2013, 03:33
Back in 2007, Apple started a revolution in the mobile industry by introducing the iPhone. The popularity of this new product grew rapidly and in only a matter of months it seemed as if everyone and their grandma was well familiar with the iPhone name. However, it has been revealed that Apple had a number of other monikers that could have ended up being used for the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lyndon420 posted on 05 Mar 2013, 03:37 14 1
This won't help the stock plunge sorry. They still suck.
3. rusticguy posted on 05 Mar 2013, 03:45 3 2
Good they didn't else all photographers would have been sued to death for using "Tripod" Really apple seems desperate now that S4 release date is nearing :D
Oh and basically they stole (Apple's forte) the name iPHONE :D
5. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 05 Mar 2013, 04:04 2 0
They will try to lure as much potential buyers as they can before the S4 release...I sense desperation
4. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 05 Mar 2013, 03:54 5 0
Apple hitting the panic button with these avalanche of payola articles lately....
9. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Mar 2013, 04:16 3 0
Can you imagine that? Tripod 4, Tripod 4S, Tripod Math... Tripod 3 would sound hopelessly funny.
10. MixMaster posted on 05 Mar 2013, 04:54 1 0
I think that due to their signal reception issue with iphone 4 they should have also considered a range of models like: the 2011 iCanUhearMe , the 2012 iCanUhearMeNow followed by the 2013 flagship iHowAboutNow
11. MixMaster posted on 05 Mar 2013, 04:58 1 0
...and last but not least: the 2014 iDon'tKnowWhatHappenedItJustDropedItMostDefinitelyIsYourPhone'sFault
12. blade19 posted on 05 Mar 2013, 05:32 1 0
This may be a little off topic... sorry for that. I do somewhat recall that Apple also had to litigate with CISCO over the "iphone" name before it was released, in 2007. Because CISCO had the name for the VOIP phones, but I think they settled eventually.
21. InspectorGadget80 posted on 05 Mar 2013, 10:45 0 1
Telepod would be a better name. it would make their fans thinking their iphone will teleport lol.