Apple accuses Samsung of "spoilation of evidence" in patent case
0. phoneArena 11 May 2012, 18:27 posted on
Apple is upset with Samsung's routine purging of emails and claims and has filed a motion in court charging the Korean firm with spoilation of evidence;l this comes after Samsung was punished by a U.S. District Court Magistrate for not turning over source code in one of its suits against Apple...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 268; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
If its not one thing its another that Apple has a problem with.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Better watch this than read about how Apple sues someone:
=AA5DsLzSVrk(100 Hours) :D
3. tedkord (Posts: 5606; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
3...2...1...and Taco automatically believes that Samsung did it, just like he automatically believes anything Apple does is right.
6. E.N. (Posts: 2381; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
And you guys are already assuming that it's false/irrelevant. Don't call him out if you're doing the same thing.
7. tedkord (Posts: 5606; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Where did I say Samsung didn't do it? I have no idea. The point is, Taco has no idea either, but he will insist he knows they did it. Just like he insisted he knew Samsung were behind the "Wake up Apple" protest down under.
Taco is the Rush Limbaugh of this board. Republicans (Apple) are always right, Democrats(Samsung) are always wrong. No evidence necessary, facts will not get in the way.
9. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
even rush limbaugh is not as bad as taco... not by a long shot
10. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Hahahahahahaha and burn of year is awarded to you sir!!!!
8. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Ted has a valid point.
I assume samsung burned emails. ALL companies burn any evidence they have that they think might incriminate them. Apple is no different. The difference is the extreme one sidedness of certain board members and a total lack of reality or objectivity.
4. sprockkets (Posts: 1434; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
So ****ing what, why the hell you need emails to prove what you have in your hand? Seriously, GFY apple.
5. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
™We say this is to much Apple, lay, back off™
11. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
If Apple spent as much time in r+d as they do in the court room, they would have some heavy tech, don't get me wrong I hate Apple, but its a sad truth.
12. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Its so sad how its come down to court rooms because of Apple. Before the iPhone, you heard of a patent hear and there that was infringed. Now its all you see now a days. I hate it when people argue about how everyone is coping Apple when they themselves have copied from others. Apple is the reason we have so much problems with innovation, if they can't have it, they will steal it and say you stole it from them.
13. matrix_neo (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Before I read the article I'm making a guess who wrote it, my guess is correct. No need to mention his name, it's his favorite topic, anything bad about Samsung. Remember "wake up" campaign?!
Remixfa is correct, all companies burn anything that might held against them. Even if this happened to me, I will dispose any evidence against me, I know it's wrong but it's our instinct to protect ourselves. I hope any mediation will take place between the two just to end these never ending law suit. Writing this kind of article is nothing new, everybody are doing it... just saying.
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It is going to be a stretch for Apple to prove their 'spoilation' charges. Unless they have proof in the form of an e-mail from Sammy senior management that specifically directs e-mails with Apple anywhere in the subject or body or attachment of the e-mail to be destroyed and not to bother with any other e-mail, the dog ain't gonna hunt. Purging all e-mails older than nn months is not proof of spoilage.
I suspect Apple is having a case of sour grapes over the discovery master slapping Sammy's wrist over not disclosing newer editions of source code. If Sammy can make their case that they weren't infringing Apple's patents using the earlier edition of source code that was disclosed, they have met their burden and there was no reason to disclose current source code. Waaaaa! Waaaaa! Waaaaa!!!!
15. iluvtrolling (banned) (Posts: 15; Member since: 11 May 2012)
Samsung needs to learn, it is an evil empire that cannot move forward without copying. I wonder where they spend their billions of R&D money on 2011, probably a huge lie.
19. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Wow dude seriously, you need to get your head checked this obsession with Samsung can't be good for you, let it go.
22. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
ok, if Samsung is an evil empire....then APPLE would be 100 times worse....
16. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
and again we have an idiot who dislikes every post -.-
17. matrix_neo (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Maybe iluvtrolling lol mostly comments here are against apple. It's his way of taking revenge lol
21. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Oh, and APPLE never deletes emails that would be incriminating, right?
23. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I do not blame Samsung for not wanting to turn over source code...although, it is open-source code, right? Apple does anything it can to get ahead...lying, cheating, copying....hey, just ask the late Steve Jobs.