Apple WWDC 2012: what to expect
0. phoneArena 08 Jun 2012, 08:32 posted on
The 2012 WWDC is scheduled for Monday, June 11, and it seems like the event will be worth following, as it has been over the past years. That is because quite a few important announcements are expected to be made during the opening keynote. Most importantly, Since iOS 4 was unveiled in June of 2010 and iOS landed in June of 2011, it is pretty certain that we'll meet iOS 6 for the first time on Monday. Of course, we have little knowledge as to what it will look and feel like, yet the rumor mill has been filling in the blanks for us over the past weeks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kabukijoe (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
iWallet, iMaps (?) and video chat over 3G? Isn't Apple the "sue happy" company that takes every company to court for "copying" them? And here they are coming out with things that Google has had for quite some time....
4. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
If they make them look and work just like Google's it's copying. If they implement it in a unique way it's not copying.
23. whothisperson (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 May 2012)
True, if they create the same product but do so differently as in no features or specification conflict with Google's patent description then it should be fine.
31. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
So is google the only company that is allowed to video chat over 3G? Hasnt turn by turn navigation existed waaaaaay before Android. Let's not be stupid here.
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 19478; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nokia was the first to have video chat not google. So apples not copying google.
2. Bridgep0rt (Posts: 43; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Edit 2nd paragraph Moday = Monday :)
Im waiting on the Mac Book Pro 2012
3. Cerberusa2a (Posts: 33; Member since: 24 May 2012)
some how I feel if apple is involved there will be a person handing out lawsuits... or maybe just have a room full of people waiting for news about apple, one guy walks out on stage and says EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM IS GETTING SUIED!
6. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I'm hoping to see Siri gets some nice enhancements. One thing that I'd like is allow Siri to control phone settings like Bluetooth and wifi on/off. More language support would be cool. I don't know if they'll do it now, but eventually it will have 3rd party app support.
I'd like to see a wow feature, but they'll probably save that for the iPhone launch.
8. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The wow factor on the new iPhone is the 4" screen and maybe 4G data speeds
9. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You don't know that. No one expected Siri last year. Apple usually has something up their sleeve. We will see though
18. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hey taco siri is very old has been out for years. The old apple 3gs had siri on it by the original owners and even the iphone 4 had siri. apple bought siri from the third party then took the app off there site and re released as something brand new and tweaked it a little to make it there new stand out thing for the 4s. and blackberry had there version for about 10 yrs
19. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Yes I know to you nothing about does is original even though you love android phones who follow Apple's lead.
21. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
siri worked differently when it was still an app than now it's integrated into iphone's software.
37. aikonix (Posts: 60; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
yeah thats because its "beta" and when it was an app, it wasnt beta..
taco is a welcher
10. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
The new revolutionary thing in ios6 would live wallpapers, widgets and a file manager maybe. And apple would sue google for all those things saying they have been working on them for a 50 years and google stole their plans. And also apple sucks
12. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Try to be more original with your trolling
24. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Maybe Apple should try to be more original when they troll Google with their "revolutionary" products and make the ignorant public believe that it's never been done before.
Oh, and maybe they should try to be more original when trolling the public and do something different instead of locking down their devices so much.
Oh, and maybe they should be more original when trolling everyone else and not sue the crap out of all of the other companies to try to knock them out.
If "try to be more original" is the only comment you have, then maybe you need to be more original.
33. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
you troll on everything taco50
38. aikonix (Posts: 60; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
hes not trolling.. your apples new "notification bar" has been on android forever, and now that apple has it, they are probably gonna patent it and sue google stating they made that revolutionary idea... now look, their OS is looking MORE and MORE like an ANDROID?? Poor iSheep, especially Taco, hes the biggest one of them all.
Taco your a WELCHER!!
11. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
I'LL EXPECT MORE LAWSUITS... Apple please.. stop!
34. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
YES STOP WITH THIS B.S. LAWSUITS AND INJUNCTIONS AND BANNING OUR PHONES
20. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
The SIRI on the iPad picture ... since when did the iPad come with a native weather app?
Add a native weather app to the list then too.
28. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I expect the same design just the same home button just ecept a crummy 4" screen nothing else change.
30. Sinaps (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Jul 2010)
I don't buy apple products but I am always excited for WWDC.
39. siva239 (Posts: 8; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
lol i love reading comments than the article
40. clevername (Posts: 1436; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Fanboys take this s**t way too seriously. Everyone borrows from everyone. Its business. Who cares who came out with a feature first or who made it better. If you like a set of features buy the phone. If you don't mind the downfalls of a phone buy it. If you think the device is pretty buy it. stop vehemently defending things that you have nothing directly to do with . It makes you look like a loser.