Apple WWDC 2012 keynote: meta-liveblog
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Jun 2012, 11:45
Welcome to our meta-liveblog following Apple's WWDC 2012 opening keynote. Want to get the news from the event as quickly as possible? Well, you've come to the right place...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. PowTheBowl posted on 11 Jun 2012, 11:56 3
I really hope there would be bluetooth transfer for iOS...
6. tward291 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 12:02 7
wow if your not interested why even look at a apple article man i mean dame. i dont even have an iphone i have a windows phone but i still like to keep up and see what the others offer.
9. Alp1111 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 12:14 2
I think ios didnt change people lives it just helped them and me
11. PowTheBowl posted on 11 Jun 2012, 12:23 4
If you have nothing good to say, you may just don't say it :)
12. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 12:27 6
You know, I thought the Mac sucked as well at first. Then I bought a Mac last week and now I wished I'd purchased it a lot sooner than I did. It's a lot better than Windows, IMO.
21. PhoneArenaUser posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:14 2
"It's a lot better than Windows, IMO."
Because you bought it?
61. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 16:19 1
The OS is more user-friendly, plus most of my classes uses Mac software so it will be a lot better for me to get most of my assignments done w/o having to go to the library all the time, even w/o having to wait until a Mac is a/v.
63. PhoneArenaUser posted on 12 Jun 2012, 13:33 0
Ok, I see. :)
+1 for you.
13. MobileCaseReview posted on 11 Jun 2012, 12:40 2
Geeze, the new macbook pro is a pure bread beast. All out horse power on that bad boy.
14. biophone posted on 11 Jun 2012, 12:41 1
wow just but a macbook pro last year wish I would have waited!!!!
15. good2great posted on 11 Jun 2012, 12:42 4
that macbook is a beast! i hate that they are so expensive tho... arrghh! lol
17. theBankRobber posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:10 1
Lol so siri can make jokes now haha Steve jobs is controlling Siri from beyond the grave :P
20. taco50 (banned) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:13 1
There's no live stream. Apple doesn't allow it.
22. PhoneArenaUser posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:16 3
"Apple doesn't allow it."
As many other thing. Sad. :(
23. taco50 (banned) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:18 1
Here to troll as usual?
24. PhoneArenaUser posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:19 1
But it is true. :(
59. Sackboy117 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:39 0
27. taco50 (banned) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:22 1
They were decent. Launching apps is the best one to me.
28. biophone posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:25 2
I like sports and i can see me saying siri make me reservations at a whatever.
31. frydaexiii posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:28 1
Wow, isn't it bad enough that iOS is already walls and walls of app icons, now you're going to use Siri just to launch an app that takes about 5 seconds to flick to and tap?
32. taco50 (banned) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:29 1
Hater but I knew you'd be here glued to the screen
33. frydaexiii posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:32 1
Yeah, had to see you Apple fanboy's reaction to the "new" additions to iOS that already are on Android. It's so fascinating, like watching animals in the zoo begging for food from the zookeepers.
29. taco50 (banned) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:25 1
I like the Facebook integration. Looks like you can just have Siri update your status.
30. frydaexiii posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:27 1
Eww, I don't want my future car to come with a Siri button. Hell, I don't want it to have anything to do with Apple...
35. schecter7 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:33 1
Chill out, Bro. No reason to get so upset. There will be tons of other options including onstar 'buttons' - lol
38. taco50 (banned) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:38 2
Ignore him he's just looking for an argument
45. frydaexiii posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:55 1
Yeah, I love arguing with people who can't fight back.
34. CX3NT3_713 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:33 0
Facetime over 3G ,? I had been had that.. via cydia
52. frydaexiii posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:02 0
and of cause you are...Can't feel good knowing Apple has to rely on Google huh?
40. taco50 (banned) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:49 2
Multiple mail signatures. That's one I personally wanted.
42. taco50 (banned) posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:52 2
3GS still supported. That's 4 full years of support. Also a lot of nice features for Chinese customers. It should help the iPhone's growth there.
47. good2great posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:57 2
great news for iOS 6... good job apple for listening to your users.
Sure android has most of this stuff but its not about "doing something android isn't" its about adding these features so that they don't interfere with the user experience.
i can BET that none of these 200+ features will cause lag or reduce battery life. thats the point about iOS... i'm fine with them not being 1st in everything anymore. as long as it works flawlessly thats whats gonna keep your users happy and loyal.
48. Sniggly posted on 11 Jun 2012, 13:57 4
Some cool features, but nothing killer. The navigation app sounds okay, but nothing that beats Google navigation. Also, the Facebook integration in the App store is already existent in the ability to plus one stuff in Android Market.
51. good2great posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:00 4
Snig, its not about them trying to blow android out the water... its about them bringing new features to their users... people who've had iphone since 2007 never had facebook integration or turn by turn navigation...
i dont believe WWDC was about converting android blackberry or windows phone users. its about adding features to an OS that didnt have it before. #simple
55. frydaexiii posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:07 1
The only people who would be excited by this are iOS users who never had these functions before. Just look at how Taco is practically pissing his pants over Apple Maps.
For everyone else it's just "meh, I already have it."
58. good2great posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:17 0
exactly my point...lol
i came from android (evo 3d) to the i4s...
its just cool to see them add some extra things to the OS that the competition has currently been using.
nothing wrong with that in my opinion... you gotta do something to keep your customers if not the iphone will easily become a blackberry/palm device. old news...
54. xtian1103 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:07 0
samsung has it's moment last month when they release the galaxy s3! it's apple's turn today. leave the guys alone and just enjoy what these companies are bringing to the table! we will benefit from it!
56. frydaexiii posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:08 2
Um, Apple didn't bring anything new to the table...Maybe to their own table, but to the mobile industry table? Nope, nothing new here.
57. tward291 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 14:13 1
thats alot of money that google is about to loose. also it said that the screen will turn on from a notification im pretty sure nokia has a lock on that patent