Apple Stores are now trademarked
0. phoneArena 30 Jan 2013, 05:44 posted on
Apple Stores are easy to recognize - the big glass facade, rectangular solid wood tables, recessed lighting, but Cupertino has failed to patent this design with the U.S…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Gonna line up at the Apple store tomorrow :)
8. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Ask Apple to patent its failure too so that nobody can follow that!
3. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
What's next? They will pattent it too? Lol.
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Next is they will patent the long queues outside store so any store with a queue is a candidate for being sued. AS market share is falling apple is still trying these stupid techniques to win back customers. Pathetic ... good Taj Mahal was not patented.
5. darthinvader (Posts: 63; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Wow!!! They could do that.. :P
Apple's strategy: Bizarre patents and sue anything which could be "innovative and revolutionary"!!
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5645; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Man they now say u cant copy our istore glass building. They are the worst patent troll in the industry. Pretty soon they would buy the word trademark.
7. Diego! (Posts: 474; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
This is so pathetic... Hey! Apple, I've got an idea! Why don't you patent Catholic Cross, Islamic Moon or even David's Star? You would get zillions of dollars by suing those religions! #Sarcasm.
I hate Apple. Idiots!
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
The day they patent Moon they are in for big trouble with a global Fatwah :D
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5645; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
They like rectangles so they will sue anyone with a rectangle phone/table they will ban u. So pathetic of apple. Why use a glass store their attracting all those itheives out there
34. Diego! (Posts: 474; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I agree, but it's really annoying to read this kind of news. They are desperately wanting to sue everybody in order to get money. Disgusting.
9. lyndon420 (Posts: 1641; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
They can have this patent. It's a stupid patent and it couldn't go to a more pathetic company. I hope they have more 'drive-thru's'.
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5645; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I remmber watching a old inter msnbc w/jobs they say he panted the glass stairways in their store. I was like u kiddin seriously patent a store?
10. Aeires (unregistered)
The bottom drawing looks really generic, not too much different than some eye glass stores I've been in. At what point can they force a company to rearrange their tables due to a "similarity" with Apple's patent? What city is going to enforce this patent, especially at the risk of losing businesses?
And it's a good thing Apple didn't patent the pyramid shape. http://www.idntourism.com/visi
14. Diego! (Posts: 474; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I think the egyptians patented it before Apple. They were light years ahead :P
12. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The only thing Apple won't patent is the backbone, because they don't have one.
17. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
As d lover of some Apple products, this is totally embarrassing. What is next, the lounge room layout. Cos now many stores will start to trademark their store lay out, anybody opening a store will need to apply for the rights to have a store layout, apple is creating a mess in da industry now.
18. kellkeezy (Posts: 57; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
the only thing i have to say about this, is alot tech store are starting to mimic the look of hardwood floors and table top setups that sony and apple are doing *coughverizoncough*
but, I would like to read (cliffnote) what they put a patent out for exactly
20. lauremar (Posts: 180; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
I guess they will do anything to have any reasons to litigate and try to make money off of...Now they're going after department stores and its designers... Unbelievable!!! What's next?! A patent for "Genius Bar" or something stupid like that?!!!!! Oh wait....they probably tried already...Really hate the greedy bitten fruit co.!
22. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
wtf... that's how my office look like...
23. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
My question is why would anyone want to copy an Apple store? Certainly nothing special about it at all. God people use your brains.
25. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Try making money off your products and not lawsuits Apple!
They must be real desperate for cash and this is their second for revenue! SMH
26. Joker (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I wonder by the end of the year, what do they have left to patent/trademark?
35. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
Actual innovation, since they clearly haven't discovered it yet
27. Taters (Posts: 2387; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Apple arrogance at it's finest. The worse thing about this is that they probably didn't even design the store. In Canada at least, there are department store design companies that are contracted to design the stores for most companies so they all look somewhat similar considering the same company designs them.
Let's hope the design firm they hire sue Apple for trademarking their design without their permission. That would be sweet justice.
30. networkdood (Posts: 5544; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Watch the stock go down in the insanity of flames known as APPLE....the looney bin.
32. Topcat488 (Posts: 1042; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
If Apple put HALF the effort into R&D, that they've put into suing companies for rounded cornered rectangles and other stupid patents... They'd be #1. So much time and money wasted in the Lawyers office... Did McDonalds need to patent their Store Layout or "Golden Arches"?