Apple Stores are now trademarked
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Jan 2013, 05:44
Apple Stores are easy to recognize - the big glass facade, rectangular solid wood tables, recessed lighting, but Cupertino has failed to patent this design with the U.S…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett posted on 30 Jan 2013, 05:46 3
Gonna line up at the Apple store tomorrow :)
8. dan86 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 07:14 15
Ask Apple to patent its failure too so that nobody can follow that!
4. rusticguy posted on 30 Jan 2013, 06:07 14
Next is they will patent the long queues outside store so any store with a queue is a candidate for being sued. AS market share is falling apple is still trying these stupid techniques to win back customers. Pathetic ... good Taj Mahal was not patented.
5. darthinvader posted on 30 Jan 2013, 06:16 5
Wow!!! They could do that.. :P
Apple's strategy: Bizarre patents and sue anything which could be "innovative and revolutionary"!!
6. InspectorGadget80 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 06:56 5
Man they now say u cant copy our istore glass building. They are the worst patent troll in the industry. Pretty soon they would buy the word trademark.
7. Diego! posted on 30 Jan 2013, 07:01 9
This is so pathetic... Hey! Apple, I've got an idea! Why don't you patent Catholic Cross, Islamic Moon or even David's Star? You would get zillions of dollars by suing those religions! #Sarcasm.
I hate Apple. Idiots!
11. rusticguy posted on 30 Jan 2013, 07:24 3
The day they patent Moon they are in for big trouble with a global Fatwah :D
24. InspectorGadget80 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 10:55 2
They like rectangles so they will sue anyone with a rectangle phone/table they will ban u. So pathetic of apple. Why use a glass store their attracting all those itheives out there
34. Diego! posted on 31 Jan 2013, 06:13 1
I agree, but it's really annoying to read this kind of news. They are desperately wanting to sue everybody in order to get money. Disgusting.
9. lyndon420 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 07:22 4
They can have this patent. It's a stupid patent and it couldn't go to a more pathetic company. I hope they have more 'drive-thru's'.
15. InspectorGadget80 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 07:45 2
I remmber watching a old inter msnbc w/jobs they say he panted the glass stairways in their store. I was like u kiddin seriously patent a store?
10. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 30 Jan 2013, 07:23 2
The bottom drawing looks really generic, not too much different than some eye glass stores I've been in. At what point can they force a company to rearrange their tables due to a "similarity" with Apple's patent? What city is going to enforce this patent, especially at the risk of losing businesses?
And it's a good thing Apple didn't patent the pyramid shape. http://www.idntourism.com/visi
14. Diego! posted on 30 Jan 2013, 07:44 0
I think the egyptians patented it before Apple. They were light years ahead :P
12. _Bone_ posted on 30 Jan 2013, 07:31 7
The only thing Apple won't patent is the backbone, because they don't have one.
17. SlimSoulja86 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 08:23 2
As d lover of some Apple products, this is totally embarrassing. What is next, the lounge room layout. Cos now many stores will start to trademark their store lay out, anybody opening a store will need to apply for the rights to have a store layout, apple is creating a mess in da industry now.
18. kellkeezy posted on 30 Jan 2013, 08:39 0
the only thing i have to say about this, is alot tech store are starting to mimic the look of hardwood floors and table top setups that sony and apple are doing *coughverizoncough*
but, I would like to read (cliffnote) what they put a patent out for exactly
20. lauremar posted on 30 Jan 2013, 09:53 3
I guess they will do anything to have any reasons to litigate and try to make money off of...Now they're going after department stores and its designers... Unbelievable!!! What's next?! A patent for "Genius Bar" or something stupid like that?!!!!! Oh wait....they probably tried already...Really hate the greedy bitten fruit co.!
23. speckledapple posted on 30 Jan 2013, 10:49 2
My question is why would anyone want to copy an Apple store? Certainly nothing special about it at all. God people use your brains.
25. D_Tech-tive posted on 30 Jan 2013, 11:03 1
Try making money off your products and not lawsuits Apple!
They must be real desperate for cash and this is their second for revenue! SMH
26. Joker posted on 30 Jan 2013, 11:40 1
I wonder by the end of the year, what do they have left to patent/trademark?
35. opensourceftw (banned) posted on 31 Jan 2013, 13:34 0
Actual innovation, since they clearly haven't discovered it yet
27. Taters posted on 30 Jan 2013, 12:25 2
Apple arrogance at it's finest. The worse thing about this is that they probably didn't even design the store. In Canada at least, there are department store design companies that are contracted to design the stores for most companies so they all look somewhat similar considering the same company designs them.
Let's hope the design firm they hire sue Apple for trademarking their design without their permission. That would be sweet justice.
30. networkdood posted on 30 Jan 2013, 18:41 2
Watch the stock go down in the insanity of flames known as APPLE....the looney bin.
32. Topcat488 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 02:54 2
If Apple put HALF the effort into R&D, that they've put into suing companies for rounded cornered rectangles and other stupid patents... They'd be #1. So much time and money wasted in the Lawyers office... Did McDonalds need to patent their Store Layout or "Golden Arches"?