Apple, Samsung CEO-level talks fail to produce any agreements
0. phoneArena 23 May 2012, 12:23 posted on
According to the Korea Times, that CEO-level meeting between Apple and Samsung ordered by California Judge Lucy Koh ended up producing nothing in the way of any agreements that would help both sides reach a settlement over their patent battles...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Whoa. Wait. Is that Samsung saying "hey, dumbass, if you would only allow us we'd pay you for these patents you claim we're infringing on!"?!
I mean, this, despite how ridiculously minute the patent claims are. Absolutely friggin amazing.
13. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
APPLE is afraid of Samsung - notice how APPLE is starting to give less work to Samsung as a supplier?
28. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yes the panels and ram are not from them anymore so they basically worth lesser and earn lesser
3. cncrim (Posts: 844; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I knew it. No way apple will why should they, and samsung will do the same thing if theyhave upper hand.
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The only time a settlement discussion produces a settlement is when both parties aren't certain about the outcome and the downside is compelling. Apple feels they have the upper hand. Until they cease to feel they have the upper hand, there won't be any meaninful move to settle the case.
5. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 549; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Boy, glad I got my Galaxy Note when I did. Wonder if the G3 shipping will be delayed because of this BS?
7. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
The lire the traitor the wimp the looser the pu§§\ is
On the left!!!!!
8. shamataa (Posts: 217; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
OMG Apple stop being a jerk and make peace already. Jesus christ . What a waist of time if Apple isnt willing to cooperate.
9. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 127; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
So much for hating ligitations Mr. Tim Cook, eh? Steve Jobs or Tim Cook, Apple will be Apple.
10. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
So basically Samsung said we won't stop copying, but we'll pay you if you let us continue to copy your products.
Man if that isn't an admission of guilt and lack of being able to make successful products on their own I don't know what is.
12. adi4u4882 (Posts: 137; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Do you even Read the Topic?
Apple are greedy bastards who wants no opposition. So they try to take Samsung like this.
Do you have your own brain or is in the same crap as Apple?
Think before posting.
15. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I know that taco is a troll, but it does read as:
Apple says that Korean based Samsung copied its designs while Samsung feels that Apple should license its wireless patents.
So, Samsung is not really denying that they are copying...but seriously - touch screen phones with a rectangle shape...and then the HTC issue with how documents are being formatted....really pushing the envelope....
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I agreed with Taco. finally Samsung admitting guilt.. and want to pay their way out of it... not classy samsung.. now I understand the nonsense from their fans... is thought by Samsung
14. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
See, I knew you were going to say that.
And to correct you, it's more like "Hey, I know you think we're copying your s**t. And although we think you're wrong and you're overreacting, we'll gladly pay you money for the stuff you claim we're copying."
The other angle is the question: even if Samsung is implementing design choices patented by Apple, should there be patents on those choices to begin with? Should Apple really have a corner on curved edges and a list of possible apps to open a link? Every customer to whom I've had to explain why the Evo 4G LTE isn't out yet has expressed shock and disgust at the pettiness of the patent involved in the lawsuit that Apple won. None have said "well, HTC shouldn't have used the design then." Not even the Apple product owners.
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
"Hey, I know you think we're copying your s**t. And although we think you're wrong and you're overreacting, we'll gladly pay you money for the stuff you claim we're copying."
I doubt that's was really said.. why because no ones offers money or settlement if they are not at guilt.. and btw Apple doesn't claim Samsung is copying.. they are certain....
19. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Google offered a settlement to Oracle about a year ago, and they just won that lawsuit.
20. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
yes but Apple is no Oracle.. and Samsung is no Google.. evidence.. dismissed
21. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
But it's still a situation where the party who offered the settlement won the lawsuit. Evidence sustained.
25. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
this show that you don't know how the law works... Apple is bigger than Oracle.. if little Oracle says Giant Google infringed in patents the judge will not act the same as if it was Giant Apple vs. Samsung whom is smaller than Google.. please Google other articles to find more about this.. even Samsung is admitting guilt when all the fandroids were saying that Apple did not had a case..
27. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I would try to respond to your points but they require more depth to deconstruct than I have time to spare.
37. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
"we can either spend 100 million a year in lawyer fees across the globe each year since apple will never stop trying to bully, or we can work out a deal for 10-20 million in liscensing fees. we dont feel that we owe them, but its a hell of a lot cheaper than the lawyers"
40. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Finally someone with logic. No matter how you put it, Taco will disagree with you and still act like a brainwashed sheep.
42. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
we would never expect any better out of taco. dont want to get disappointed when he cant live up to the most minimal of life's measurements.
24. poojaroy (Posts: 52; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
i think tim cook f**ks gallitoking"s mom every day thats y he s yapping so much about apple haaa lol and steve jobs died f**king taco"s mom thats they r crying for apple
46. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
That was funny lmao. that's out ov topic and harsh.. U shouldn't bring his mother into this....
Take it easy. Be cool. And chill...
36. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i just heard that proverbial bitchslap all the way down here in florida. that must a hurt, gallito.. lol. sniggs, hows your hand holding up? lolol
38. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Lol, wasn't even going for a bitchslap. Just was explaining that I was out of time to try to argue with him.
48. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Is is cool Sniggly u had to call on your buddy whom doesnt answer my emails to bail you out...