Apple, RIM and HTC snatch 75% of Q1 cell phone operating profits
0. phoneArena posted on 17 May 2011, 08:59
The first quarter of 2011 has spoken with the hard financial numbers and curiously enough three companies captured an overwhelming 75% of cell phone operating profits in the first trimester of 2011. Apple, RIM and HTC combined for…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. bluechrism (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 09:30 0
IS this US data? World data? etc? Important distinction to nake here as this stuff is very different market to market.
3. tory black (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 10:04 1
how is rim above htc???? wtf
5. taco50 (banned) posted on 17 May 2011, 11:00 2
Even though RIM has been slowing down lately they're still huge in the enterprise market and are also doing well with consumers overall. There's a lot of die hard bb users.
9. mr. droid posted on 17 May 2011, 16:47 0
i would say the majority of blackberry users i come across are that way. its blackberry or nothing. personally, i think they are falling quite a ways behind the curve (no pun intended) BUT the way i understand it, they have a couple more models coming out, so they are still behind the 8-ball so to speak and could still put it in the pocket.
6. TheFunnyMan posted on 17 May 2011, 11:40 0
Don't forget too that most of the US Government contracts with RIM for devices because of the unique security features BlackBerry offers. Thats a hefty contract in and of itself
7. Debbie (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 12:00 0
Our company also uses BlackBerry's just because of the security features it offers.
4. GCHILD (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 10:50 0
The World market is actaully dominitated by RIM.
12. Lucas777 posted on 18 May 2011, 18:09 0
haha dont u love how much bigger apples portion is?