Apple, RIM and HTC snatch 75% of Q1 cell phone operating profits
0. phoneArena 17 May 2011, 08:59 posted on
The first quarter of 2011 has spoken with the hard financial numbers and curiously enough three companies captured an overwhelming 75% of cell phone operating profits in the first trimester of 2011. Apple, RIM and HTC combined for…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Wow Apple dominating the competition.
2. bluechrism (unregistered)
IS this US data? World data? etc? Important distinction to nake here as this stuff is very different market to market.
3. tory black (unregistered)
how is rim above htc???? wtf
5. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Even though RIM has been slowing down lately they're still huge in the enterprise market and are also doing well with consumers overall. There's a lot of die hard bb users.
9. mr. droid (Posts: 278; Member since: 21 Aug 2010)
i would say the majority of blackberry users i come across are that way. its blackberry or nothing. personally, i think they are falling quite a ways behind the curve (no pun intended) BUT the way i understand it, they have a couple more models coming out, so they are still behind the 8-ball so to speak and could still put it in the pocket.
6. TheFunnyMan (Posts: 77; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Don't forget too that most of the US Government contracts with RIM for devices because of the unique security features BlackBerry offers. Thats a hefty contract in and of itself
7. Debbie (unregistered)
Our company also uses BlackBerry's just because of the security features it offers.
4. GCHILD (unregistered)
The World market is actaully dominitated by RIM.
12. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
haha dont u love how much bigger apples portion is?