Apple, Nokia and RIM nano-SIM designs leak, will fight to the death
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2012, 08:52 posted on
Apple's tray-loading proposal basically strips the plastic from the current micro-SIM cards that are in the iPhone 4/4S, but Nokia is concerned that the remaining part has the same length as the width of the current slots, so users might try and jam the cards sideways. Nokia's design, on the other hand, has notches cut in it, which can allow it to latch into place like a microSD card...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Wow Apple got new company to fight now... :)
3. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
like Micro-SIM is big and they can't handle it xD
6. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1873; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I don't care about this... I just want bigger batteries!!! And I don't really mind my phone to be a little thicker, because I feel much more secure while holding it.
7. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Well I hope Apple better not mess with Nokia, as they will indirectly get Microsoft attention. Both companies are busy with the development of windows phones.
8. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Even though I'm admittedly biased, Nokia's design makes the most sense. It's the smallest, but also the most clever, as it has no way of being installed wrongly, and also places to grab it so it's less likely to slip out of one's fingers.
Remember that Intel commercial where they dropped a chip and they had magnifying glasses out trying to find it? Let's keep user-replaceable items like SIMs no smaller than these "nano" size ones.
9. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Nokia's design has the upper hand here. Smaller, and more versatile (no need for trays, but can be used with one if a manufacturer opts for it).
10. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Apple NEEDS TO STOP BEING A PATEN TROLL
13. Doakie (Posts: 1758; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I think they aren't really Patent Trolls. Its more like Technology Rapists. They just rape everything in sight: competitors, customers, suppliers...
11. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
AM I the only one who doesn't understand why they need to have a nano-SIM? What's wrong with Micro Sim cards?
12. Doakie (Posts: 1758; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Because smaller is better....duh. At least that's what Tim Cook taught his wife to think. "See honey... 3.5" is the perfect size... Anything bigger than 3.5" is too big... Right?" lol.