Apple, Microsoft, Google and Amazon entertainment ecosystems compared: see who wins
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2012, 05:07 posted on
You’ve probably heard it before - specs are dead. Except, they are not of course. What is dead or at least quickly dying in mobile is the obsession with hardware…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. THE-DARK-KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
When it comes to entertainment iTunes is the best.
13. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol i must agree with you so the compition was apple VS MS VS Google VS amazon and the winner is YOUTUBE :P
25. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Yeah! totally agreed.
In holiday normally I spend 5-6hrs on Youtube.
19. THE-DARK-KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Haha I couldn't agree more. That's one area where apple can never beat google.
28. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i agree with youtube!! its free and forever (hope so) will be!
8. MeoCao (unregistered)
Well Android does not have just 1 provider alone to rely on for content like iOS. Android supports almost all media formats and you can get your music anywhere and not have to be like a cattle within a walled garden.
Android = FREEDOM.
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
I guess they actively block those facts out though.....lol
18. THE-DARK-KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
You have Netflix, Hulu and.... Am sorry am not from the USA but am sure there are other apps available on iOS. Just because android is open source that doesn't mean you have more services than us. Bloody android fanboy! You know nothing about ios. Don't make up stuff. I use both and I love both equally.
21. -box- (Posts: 3967; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
They mean other content providers, where you can get stuff outside the mainstream, like GetJar and such. IDevices can't do that without a jailbreak. Obviously relatively RATIONAL apple users know that, hence why they call it JAIL breaking!
20. -box- (Posts: 3967; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Itunes is an awful program, and in a comparison held by a site called MAC stories, what else would the results be?
2. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
I'm sorry but i really think this is somewhat irrelevant. This deals exclusively with entertainment obtained from the os's respective app stores, which is not the main source of entertainment for some users. If android playstore does not have enough movies or e-books, i'm sure there are other sources to obtain them. (i don't really like e-books. they make my eyes hurt)
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I just can never enjoy squeeky noise of all these handheld devices. Prefer a full fledged music system playing dvd's. Prefer watching movies from 10 ft on a TV screen rather than thee devices which only scr3w up eyes more and more.
6. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Not being defensive or anything but sound quality from the galaxy series are really good. good when on-the-go. I agree about the movies though.
15. the_best (Posts: 139; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
yes very irrelevant, if i want music then i go to spotify, if i want a book then i look at any book store on the internet.. movies on the other hand then most services suck anyway... or if im low on cash, screw the above and go piratebay!
3. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
In coming years Google will definitely overstep Apple & MS.the growth of Google ecosystem is rapid.
14. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
cant overtake you-tube lol they missed this one out :P
22. -box- (Posts: 3967; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Google owns YouTube, or most of it, if I recall correctly
26. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
yes but it still works like its totall ecosystem of streming videos and its a good thing no...
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Not just JB even ICS is fine. I don't find any so caleld "Lag"
9. MeoCao (unregistered)
Agreed, but JB is definitely better as it's smoother and more consistent with 60 fps.
10. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
who the hell even uses these things when you can get all of this for free!!
12. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 426; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
When you think entertainment.....TV,radio,apps,games, u cant stream on iphone...free music download on android.....google owns youtube...android can access Amazon...android screens are made for watching TV and gaming...iphone users basically do what blackberry users do just a little more...so really you have to base This off of youth. We all know the older crowd have move from blackberry to iphone.... Because its very much the same....
16. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
how about nokia+microsoft? i thought they have nokia maps, drive and nokia music? and its free
17. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
This story is bogus, everyone knows there aren't that many people out there using Microsoft Windows ImMobile. Besides, there are more Android phones in use Globally; granted there are just as many baaa-haaa-haaas using the other OS, but, Lloyd is King.
I, on the other hand, use the PaPiStore (and, download everything to my various Android devices)!!
23. blattlaus (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Dec 2010)
It doesn't matter how many markets your service is in, it just matters how good the service is in your market. How does the fact that iTunes is available in Sri Lanka help my experience in the US at all? Amazon is in very few markets, but if I'm in the US, its a great ecosystem. If I want to stream or get a music subscription, iTunes sucks.
27. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 936; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
There is a lag even in JB... If you think there is no lag and that it is "buttery smooth" you obviously havent had time behind a Windows Phone. Android has improved vastly on UI smoothness, but the lag is still present.
Also stability is still not fixed on Android. The lag is not what bothers me the most on Android, the OS stability is. Phones restart, apps force close, unresponsiveness, freezes...
That is why I will be upgrading from Windows Phone to Windows Phone and not looking back at Android.