Apple Maps is too good... for Taiwan's military secrets
0. phoneArena 09 Oct 2012, 08:49 posted on
Apple Maps might not be the mapping solutions users want and like, but it is there and at least until Google Maps releases a native third-party app…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Astro551 (Posts: 46; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
lol apple finally get's something right.... nek minnit. Taiwanese government. Conspiracy!! poor apple :P
17. MeoCao (unregistered)
Steve Jobs once said about iPhone's virtual keyboard: "when you don't need it's not there, when you need it it's there".
Well with Apple's map "when you need it's not there, but when you don't it just won't go away"
19. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
23. Connie.Linghus (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
Personally, there should be an App' to make Apple go away!
24. Stuntman (Posts: 835; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
The problem with a virtual keyboard is that it covers up the screen that you still need.
30. jroc74 (Posts: 5996; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This is amazing. Apple cant get a break...lol. And Google Maps having a blurry image was actually a good thing.
Makes me feel extra good about Google Maps and privacy now. Wonder what all the privacy folks that hate on Google have to say...lol
2. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
"Apple Maps is too good... for Taiwan's military secrets"
or even to worse
3. ibap (Posts: 752; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
"This follows after last week Turkish Sosyalmedya accused rang alert over a picture of maximum security prison." - say what?
4. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Don worry taiwan, if china tries to bomb your radar fascility based on apple maps, it'll fall on indian ocean.
8. wando77 (Posts: 813; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
This made me laugh out loud..... people are staring at me
11. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
you made my day lol. +1
15. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
yeah but designed in CA lol
5. lyndon420 (Posts: 3962; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yeah...but try to get apple maps to navigate you there. Probably end up at the white house.
6. Cyan3boN (Posts: 444; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
They made AL-Qaeda's job easier. wait till they release em in 3D. and APPLE will have an entirely new audience with AK47's LOL.....
14. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
yeah they itried hard & ifailed harder
12. Savage (unregistered)
Well, atleast they got SOMETHING accurate.
21. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
"Taiwan's military secrets"
25. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Hmm. HTC is based in Taiwan. China hates Taiwan. Apple hates HTC. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!
26. biophone (Posts: 1923; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Lol funny sniggs. This is all apple's evil plot to destroy android phone manufacturers.
29. someones4 (Posts: 624; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Apple: No problem, we will turn your country into a doodle just in case.
32. bkb01 (Posts: 43; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
taiwan: apple blur the images of the radar station
apple: alright do you want the map to be black and white or we'll just color it Purple?