Apple Maps is too good... for Taiwan's military secrets
This follows after last week Turkish Sosyalmedya accused rang alert over a picture of maximum security prison. Now, Taiwan is asking Apple to blur a radar installation under construction that is right now visible on the company’s maps.
“Taiwan is asking Apple Inc. to blur a map image of its new $1.4 billion early warning radar station… The 10-storey high radar installation built with U.S. technology is expected to go online later this year. It’s near the Hsinchu Airbase in northern Taiwan.”
“Apple should follow its rival Google in using only low-resolution satellite pictures.” The station is situated near Hsinchu Airbase in northern Taiwan and monitors aircrafts and missiles that could come from “as far as western China.”
source: Associated Press
1. Astro551 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 08:53 13 0
lol apple finally get's something right.... nek minnit. Taiwanese government. Conspiracy!! poor apple :P
17. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 09 Oct 2012, 11:07 15 0
Steve Jobs once said about iPhone's virtual keyboard: "when you don't need it's not there, when you need it it's there".
Well with Apple's map "when you need it's not there, but when you don't it just won't go away"
23. Connie.Linghus (banned) posted on 09 Oct 2012, 11:51 4 1
Personally, there should be an App' to make Apple go away!
24. Stuntman posted on 09 Oct 2012, 11:58 2 0
The problem with a virtual keyboard is that it covers up the screen that you still need.
30. jroc74 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 19:45 1 0
This is amazing. Apple cant get a break...lol. And Google Maps having a blurry image was actually a good thing.
Makes me feel extra good about Google Maps and privacy now. Wonder what all the privacy folks that hate on Google have to say...lol
2. doejon posted on 09 Oct 2012, 08:54 5 1
"Apple Maps is too good... for Taiwan's military secrets"
or even to worse
3. ibap posted on 09 Oct 2012, 08:58 2 1
"This follows after last week Turkish Sosyalmedya accused rang alert over a picture of maximum security prison." - say what?
4. darktranquillity posted on 09 Oct 2012, 08:59 35 0
Don worry taiwan, if china tries to bomb your radar fascility based on apple maps, it'll fall on indian ocean.
8. wando77 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 09:36 10 0
This made me laugh out loud..... people are staring at me
20. The_Innovation posted on 09 Oct 2012, 11:33 2 0
That makes it better. lol
5. lyndon420 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 09:02 11 0
Yeah...but try to get apple maps to navigate you there. Probably end up at the white house.
6. Cyan3boN posted on 09 Oct 2012, 09:02 7 0
They made AL-Qaeda's job easier. wait till they release em in 3D. and APPLE will have an entirely new audience with AK47's LOL.....
14. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 09 Oct 2012, 10:55 1 0
yeah they itried hard & ifailed harder
16. Bernoulli posted on 09 Oct 2012, 11:03 2 0
I don't know why they're flipping out, Nokia maps still looks even better than craple's
22. kellkeezy posted on 09 Oct 2012, 11:43 0 2
Now your just trolling with this comment, take a look again, at both of those images and tell me that, apple's, picture is not more clear then nokias? if nokia's picture was better looking then apple's, Then the article would read "Apple and Nokia maps are too good....for Taiwan's military secrets".
27. chaoticrazor posted on 09 Oct 2012, 17:29 2 0
doesn't change the simple fact nokia maps is better then apple maps plus as with nokia there images have better natural colours, apples are saturated if you look
33. Bernoulli posted on 10 Oct 2012, 09:31 0 0
Because this is iPhone arena!! And go on, hell you can even see a better blue spot in the building in the Nokia maps.
25. Sniggly posted on 09 Oct 2012, 12:24 3 0
Hmm. HTC is based in Taiwan. China hates Taiwan. Apple hates HTC. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!
26. biophone posted on 09 Oct 2012, 14:32 2 0
Lol funny sniggs. This is all apple's evil plot to destroy android phone manufacturers.
29. someones4 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 19:35 0 0
Apple: No problem, we will turn your country into a doodle just in case.
32. bkb01 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 20:56 1 0
taiwan: apple blur the images of the radar station
apple: alright do you want the map to be black and white or we'll just color it Purple?