Apple Maps bests Google Maps and Waze in a (very badly run) navigation test
1. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
The point ? Apple maps can be good but it won't catch up with Google maps
6. MrJerry (Posts: 378; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
The Point: Glenn drives best, Leo drives s**t
25. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 154; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Spoiler Alert... Leo might be a woman :p
62. mic_jager (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Leo ends up turning heel on Lisa and ended up purposely driving crappy to allow Glenn to snag the win.
2. TerryCrowley (Posts: 184; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
What's to take from all this? People win races when others aren't competing.
59. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2614; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Except that the only guy who knew it was a race didn't win...
3. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Please stop these types of reports. The fandroids will run out of bad things to say about Apple.
34. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Yeah ? Apple maps just simply isn't as good as Google maps. Anyone who thinks otherwise must be brainwashed by whatever Apple device they have
55. SleepingOz (Posts: 2483; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
All I can read from your comment is " Bah bah bah bah Apple."
57. rajagopalan.k (Posts: 34; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Actually its not like that
It spells like this
Like how those sheep do....
4. Whateverman (Posts: 3162; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I would like to see a test done with all the most popular apps including Google, Nokia, Apple, Waze, and Scout navigating both in local traffic and on the highway. Google is king right now but there hasn't been much competition until recently so let's see what happens.
30. Whateverman (Posts: 3162; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Can't say that I know ANYONE using Nokia maps. And considering Google maps are being used on about 80% of all smartphones, tablets and probably the same on desktops considering that when you Google a location or business your launched straight into Google Maps as well. Google is without a doubt the current king, at least until there is a proper test conducted.
42. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Sure what u said was correct! It suits for well developed nations who is always connected to the net. when it comes to ease of use, availability [FREE], geographical location usage( like my place, which is a village), nokia is best compared to google.
53. Whateverman (Posts: 3162; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Well if it's that good, I hope we can all experience it soon. :)
60. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
jst one thing will make google undisputed king, free offline navigation. sure google has some cache style, but cant download a whole country, or a state.
5. MrJerry (Posts: 378; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Is it still existing?..
Sorry I almost fogot it...
7. ama3654 (Posts: 233; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
They are still using Apple Maps? smh. Allow Apple to get it right first else you are risking your life, I guess they didn't see the reports from the Australian police
11. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
This report right?
15. jroc74 (Posts: 4013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
No...this one: :)
Key quote from the Google Maps link:
"Curiously enough, a few days after police in Australia warned that Apple Maps was sending drivers off into a waterless, scorching desert-like national park, another Australian authority, this time in Colac, has issued a warning about Google Maps.
.....The issue at hand seems ......far less severe, ...........however, and Google has a reasonable explanation for why Maps sends drivers where it does."
Seperated for emphasis...
More from the link:
"If what the spokesperson says is true, .........this can hardly be claimed a “potentially deadly error,” .......considering that sending drivers down a road in order to get to a destination located on the road is necessary.
............If Wild Dog Road is receiving more traffic from tourists and residents than it can handle, blaming the glut on Google Maps – or any mapping service – that is legitimately navigating drivers to destinations on that road is hardly sensible. ".........
Nice try tho....
17. jroc74 (Posts: 4013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
Glenn must be an ifans who love to watch f1 race :)
9. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
Good job Apple. Keep up the good work and fix your maps for areas that aren't metropolitan. We don't all live in cities like San Francisco and New York.
10. rgxVOiD (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
People still use Maps app to navigate around their own hometown?
61. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
yeah sure, its kinda fun.......makes them to think that they have covered enough distance [by walk] to burn some calories and eat some more.
14. chebner (Posts: 69; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The good news is that Apple Maps knew where Apple's HQ was.
16. jroc74 (Posts: 4013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I will admit Google Maps has guided me the long way...before I knew how to set it for shorter routes.
Longer routes....vs totally wrong destinations....
I think I will take the former anyday.
29. JC557 (Posts: 704; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
When it comes to using Google Maps for NYC subway navigation it's pretty spot on with arrival and departure times (barring any incidents or construction notices) and I can choose between shortest route or the most convenient.
Google maps was also responsible for allowing me to learn my way around southern California in about 2 days.
18. Taters (Posts: 2395; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Only the Apple fans would risk their journalistic integrity to write an article about a test that is so poorly conducted. Sigh.
19. maulgandhi (Posts: 35; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
This is some non sense news. Apple maps better than Google maps and waze??? PA you must be out of your mind or probably drunk when you posted this. Google is been taking data for decade now. They are better at maps than ever. i believe you should take this post out. apple should abandon their maps and work on something else.
20. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
wow, never thought PA is so biased towards Apple, so its true.
36. shuaibhere (Posts: 915; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Read the article first ...
You idiots don't read the article properly and started to complain about PA....
43. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
yeah u too...read the article, they are clearly defending them with a note of caution before they even begin to post the news. dumba&%
58. shuaibhere (Posts: 915; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I have read the article...it just explains how poor the test is conducted...its warning....because others sites too will post this news....
22. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
nokia maps are the best! even better than the droid's!!!!
23. Sniggly (Posts: 6496; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
So Apple Maps is better at getting people to Apple headquarters than Google Maps. Big surprise.
24. clevername (Posts: 1407; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Some people need a class in reading comprehension. The author here isn't biased and didn't write an article about how apple maps is the best. He wrote an article about a poorly conducted test that, in his opinion, will probably make the rounds around the internet and be misconstrued as proper. He gave a disclaimer that this probably shouldn't be a story and that he is only writing it as sort of a warning. Start reading before you bash.
26. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
With time Apple maps will be the standard when GPS is used
39. Izoe (Posts: 95; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)
will never be standard. Everyone will need to be using an apple device for it to be standard, since apple doesn't place their products on other platforms/hardware and everyone using Apple is impossible.
48. jroc74 (Posts: 4013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
How can that possibly be....when its tied to the iPhone....
Google Maps....can be accessed on just about any phone. Nokia Maps is so far tied to WP.
27. 9thWonderful (Posts: 230; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Apple Maps has always gotten me to where I needed to go w/no issues but, to reiterate I don't think the purpose of the article was to imply competition (even tho pointing out that an invalid test involving diff. GPS services was conducted to warn ppl before it circulates online seems rather pointless)...yet in still, there's no off switch to android fans' petty hatred.
32. Taters (Posts: 2395; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Android needs some homers like Mr. Dvorak here to go to any lengths for their preferred OS.
37. amats69 (Posts: 830; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
for me Nokia Maps and Navigation is the best for now...followed by Google..if only google maps can save a map of an entire country for the offline mode same as nokia does then google maps is the best Maps and navigation for me....just saying