Apple Maps app is powered by TomTom
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Jun 2012, 04:47
Today, TomTom announced that it has partnered up with Apple. Of course, the reason behind this partnership is Apple's new Maps application, which will replace Google Maps in iOS 6. While most of the technology behind the new app is courtesy of Apple, apparently, TomTom will be providing the map data...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. KissyQueeny (banned) posted on 12 Jun 2012, 05:47 4 0
If the new maps app is entirely powered by Siri, then, how will the users whose language isn't yet supported by Siri, be able to use it? I'd prefer it had the Siri as well as the menus and buttons option.
3. dickwyn posted on 12 Jun 2012, 07:46 1 1
its supported by most of the main languages now. should cover more when iOS 6 launches
5. KissyQueeny (banned) posted on 12 Jun 2012, 09:12 1 0
unfortunately, I'm not from a country where such a "main" language is spoken. Plus, if Siri ever speaks Croatian, I don't believe it will do it as smoothly and correctly as it does English. So, until they update Siri, the maps app will remain useless for many croats (for example)...
6. OMHwhoGIVesAF posted on 12 Jun 2012, 11:15 1 0
OMG than don't buy it than... DUH!!!! nobody cares if YOUR language is supported or not
7. KissyQueeny (banned) posted on 12 Jun 2012, 17:06 0 0
Ignorant douche. You make it sound as if only one language wasn't supported... NOBODY cares? And who do you think you are? Everybody? Everybody who doesn't speak one of the few "main" languages will clearly agree with me.
4. lzsbleach posted on 12 Jun 2012, 08:28 3 0
Damm TomTom Is one of the best GPS money can buy, so that means the GPS on the iphone is going to be real good.
8. sprockkets posted on 12 Jun 2012, 21:24 0 0
...unless it keeps telling people to keep to the right every 400 yards.
btw google maps accepts input via voice as well, and so do most new gps'es, big deal.
9. miguel6632 posted on 13 Jun 2012, 09:51 0 0
tom tom its hurting i guess later they will get bought out by apple but we will see. i ave a tom tom in my car and i always use my android navigation its just way more accurate