Apple France raided by antitrust authorities for alleged 'abuse of dominance'
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2437; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
This isn't good. This is abuse of govt power.
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Apple deserves it®
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 7732; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Troll you're starting to get like Wendy bro, one week you're cool with apple, the next you're dogging them. What gives?
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
How's you dude? I'm cool™
No I really like Apple products, but no the iPods®
As a company they are really dirty like MS.
I hate the company but like it's products. Your misunderstanding of yours!
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea same to Whoyton1®
How is you ...?
Where is Crazy ChaoticRazor.....?
27. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I don't know probably pampering his rubbish symbian phone....
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2437; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Well at least we know he lives up to his name.
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Stop being silly Mxzy®
No I don't live up to my name "TROLL™"
How and were was, am I Trolling?
37. JunitoNH (Posts: 646; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
That's because most likely he's not American. However, when Americans join the fray, is time to start deporting these anti-American bashers.
29. Sniggly (Posts: 6195; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
So when Google is investigated for supposed anti trust issues, it's justice being served. However, when it's Apple that's targeted, suddenly the government is in the wrong?
Lol, okay Mxy. Great joke.
38. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2437; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Manipulating search results, determining what qualifies as quality content and what doesn't, favoring their own products as search results over competitors, keeping huge amounts of data on its users and monitizing it without their consent, plus more.
That's way beyond antitrust. This isn't the first time the French government has done something that's abuse of power.
2. JMartin22 (Posts: 392; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Good indeed. Now if only our US government officials cared about us the same way the EU regulators cared about their people. We're littered with lobbyist in Washington and the best interest of the consumer is not at heart.
33. ardent1 (Posts: 1863; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
The French gov't will lose, just like the recent Dept. of Justice case against Apple in the conspiracy to drive up e-books.
Educated people, and those that are well-read, will point out that there isn't enough iPhones to go around. Could Apple do a better job at managing the distribution of the iPhone that is selling like hotcakes? This is textbook Econ 101 -- there's just not enough iPhone in France to satisfy everyone. Well, the French gov't will have to split that baby.
The DOJ case was flawed because Apple's action INCREASED competition in the e-book market, and the DOJ failed to show harm, i.e. Apple's action led to massive transfer of consumer surplus. In any anti-trust or conspiracy to restrained trade case, you got to show the evidence: The transfer of consumer surplus to the sellers. There was no transfer, the DOJ didn't do their homework. In law, no harm, no foul is good defense (just ask Google since they constantly use the no harm, no foul argument).
So yes, we need gov'ts to protect us, but we don't need overzealous gov't that become fascist in their approach.
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why wouldn't you, no matter how low and dirty, bad, evil, it gets. Apple that all over the world calls the company R&D company known for "Litigations"
We do not like competition®
We are Apple®
We like that®
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5166; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I call u a pathetic sad fanboy.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 7732; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man, if Mxy's a sad pathetic fanboy, I can only imagine what you're classified as from camp android. The stuff you post is horrible in every way.
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But Dark being blind and brainwashed by Apple telling all there users and fans customers that they done this, that, made this, was the first is utmost "bogus and deception"
Yes to a certain extent, but not praising Apple when all over the world techys and geeks no what Apple as a company is!
Why side the bad and rotten!
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 7732; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok and I see your point troll...I do. However gadget is everything he's calling mxy, just from an android standpoint. This isn't about apple, it's about "gadget" the pot calling "mxy" the kettle black.
32. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5166; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
you're one too talk bashing SAMSUNG/GOOGLE every other article. So I'm not the only one here. With you're SAMSUNG copy's Apple comments
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 7732; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Post the link where I said those comments, to prove it to everybody, otherwise you'll continue to not be taken serious. You gadget are a joke that posts really stupid stuff, that lends no credence to the article you post it on. People don't respond to you, or green thumb you to often, even camp android overlooks you dude. Word of advice if you call someone out, make sure you're not exactly what you're calling them out as. Also when you post, make sure it's intelligent and credible. As of now you are officially considered a joke by the jedii, and what the jedii says carries weight. When I post people listen, and respond.
36. iushnt (Posts: 376; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I disagree!! dark infact owns both Samsung and Apple device and I have never ever seen any negative comments for Samsung or Google from hom.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 7732; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple are you being a naughty company in France?
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea stop being naughty Apple. Tell them Dark®
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5166; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
TY France Apple always abuse n work their around the court system just because they don't like the competition
25. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
After apple is found guilty of cheating it's way ahead of the competition and is forced to abide by the rules it will be interesting to see the iphone and ipad sales then
34. ardent1 (Posts: 1863; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Apple invented the Macintoish in 1984; they don't need to cheat.
The android smartphone today can be traced back to the device in 1984 that made GUI a standard for consumers.