Apple CEO Cook hints at new products for 2014
Apple could also reveal some improvements to existing products on its roster, like the Apple iPhone. There is speculation that Apple will introduce two versions of the phone this year, including one model with a larger than 5 inch screen. There is also speculation that the screen on the iPhone will measure the pressure of a touch, leading to new applications for the device.
The Cupertino based firm has hired a sleep expert and has posted a job for an exercise physiologist. Apple is rumored to be introducing an app in iOS 8 called Healthbook that would monitor the health of users and keep track of certain health metrics like blood pressure, heart rate and perhaps blood glucose levels. The iWatch would be used to capture the information using sensors on the timepiece.
Cook still considers Apple a "growth" company, and said that he wants Apple to produce the best phones, not the most handsets. What he was saying was that Apple will not make a low priced iPhone just to reach certain markets, without taking its quality into consideration. The executive said that in every country that the iPhone is sold in, it is number one or two in market share for true smartphones. "In the other places where we are number two, I'd rather be number one. And you can bet that we're working on that," he said.
14. akki20892 (Posts: 3434; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Oh shut up, nothing new little bigger iPhone is coming and cook will introduce new bigger iPhone like "it's new innovative iPhone we ever made and bigger is better"
4. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah pretty much lol. When Jobs was in the duty he at least meant what he said.
5. ardent1 (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I got the iPhone 5S last Sept. because it came with a 64-bit processor.
20. chocowii (Posts: 327; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
What you gonna do with a 64 bit processor?
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6408; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
iwatch and itv we already know thats coming bout this year anyway
18. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 380; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
This year will be a great year for Apple fans. There is a lot of great stuff waiting for us!!!! The only thing we need is money to buy it. :)
3. Sauce (unregistered)
iRan out of patience. Time to visit better sites for tech news.
8. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I literally belly laughed over this one!!! LMAO!!!
13. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 280; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
I agree. I really wish this site had less complainers and I am glad when they stop leaving comments. I sometimes feel like the only people who comment on this site are know it all teenage boys.
7. power_x (Posts: 222; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
iWatch and please a Full HD iTV (not just the box)
11. atlvideoguy (Posts: 36; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
I'd be happy if Apple quit having setbacks on the iWatch!
15. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 280; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Just be confident that they will only release it when it is ready to be released.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 11131; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Looking forward to the goodies apple.
19. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
When will they release iGlass.......???
21. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2000; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Will it be real new products or just recycled products from last year repackaged as NEW ?
22. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
So what will Apple call this?? Ultra Retina Display??