Apple App Store gets new features in iOS 7
0. phoneArena 19 Jun 2013, 01:20 posted on
The Apple App Store is getting some new features in iOS 7; while Android users have known the joy of automatic updates for their apps since the update to Android 2.2, this is something new for iOS users which they will get to experience in iOS 7. If it is enabled, iOS 7 will automatically look in the background for updates, which it will run automatically...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. clevername (Posts: 1436; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Is it popular with people "near me", apps created by people "near me", or what?
4. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
Popular with people near me. So basically if you went to an art museum, a lot of people there might have gotten an art app or something. That would end up on the list. It just gives a list of apps that are probably relevant to the place you are at by looking at what other people have gotten.
2. joey_sfb (Posts: 5370; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
even for android I disable the auto update, so not a big gain for iOS. They should unlock the iOS file system so that user could import and export apps data.
3. thecorrescode (Posts: 35; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
New features in iOS are old features in Android.
5. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I hate auto updates. Though I guess some like that feature, I'd rather not download a potentially buggy release without first waiting for some feedback on it.