Appellate court temporarily suspends temporary injunction on the Galaxy Nexus (Update: now on sale)
0. phoneArena 07 Jul 2012, 14:54 posted on
A Federal Appeals court has put the brakes on the injunction of the Galaxy Nexus, until it can rule on Samsung's appeal in the coming weeks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Yeah! Show off all that knowledge of the judicial system!
14. TerryCrowley (Posts: 191; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
2 years of Criminal Justice shows more intelligence than Judge Koh.
30. Otterbox (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
This isn't justice. This is just a gesture of pity by the courts for Samsung.
35. D.Aceveda (Posts: 366; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Your comments get dumber and dumber across news articles
36. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5987; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Keep digging a hole for yourself. Being granted an injunction requires showing that you will likely be successful at trial and that money damages aren't sufficient to compensate you for the loss. That is a pretty high bar to meet. Which is why Sammy was successful in getting a stay from the appellate court.
4. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
Apple cant stop one of the best devices on earth...
5. jove39 (Posts: 1385; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Think judge Lucy had a chat with judge Posner!
Here is what he said about Apple abusing patent system (means Apple being a patent troll) - "It's a constant struggle for survival. As in any jungle, the animals will use all the means at their disposal, all their teeth and claws that are permitted by the ecosystem," states Judge Richard A. Posner in a recent interview with Reuters.
6. jove39 (Posts: 1385; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Read it all here -http://www.dailytech.com/artic
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6900; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
bout damn time. I hope apple doesn't spend another 68 billion dollar just to ban this awesome phone
10. BREvenson (Posts: 224; Member since: 17 May 2012)
It's not like they can't afford to do that...hasn't stopped them before. But perhaps this will be a reality check, at least there is someone out there in an authority position who won't stand for Apple's BS.
37. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6900; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I don't think so. remember STEVE JOBS says he would SPEND EVERY DIME on APPLE'S stock to ruin Android. but they lost another case hopefully we don't have to read BAN OR LAW SUIT for at least a month. I'm sick of this b.s.
9. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1062; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
What does Apple think it's going to accomplish by blocking Galaxy Nexus sales?
Its not like anyone who'd want a nexus would by an iPhone instead if the former wasn't available anymore.
15. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 646; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I will have to agree with u there, i bet most ppl buy or want to buy Gnex r android fans than ppl that just buy any fone. So i also doubt if they will go for an iPhone, so Apple in this case, they gain nothing but push ppl away frm the product and make people hate the Apple brand and lose respect for the brand and on top of that associate the Apple brand with some negative anti-competition attitude.
16. evperry (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I also agree. If I couldn't buy a nexus I would just get the samsung s3. Anyone one could get get the nexus straight from the carrier or best buy anyway. I doubt the lost a sale. To top it off the JB is being pushed to the phones soon so I the reality is that the ones fighting this out are the attorneys.... To bill hours of course. If your in I law school you know where the money is now.
34. disneydad (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
It has to do with marketing and money. If they can block sales of Android devices, ill informed media outlets and consumers will spin it as the iPhone is so good that others are stealing from it. If they win in court and get royalty payments, it means more money for them.
Look at how Android subsidizes WP with different OEMs having to make royalty payments to the tune of what, $500mil a year.
11. jroc74 (Posts: 5221; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This is seriously turning into a soap opera...
Whatever the case.....glad that folks wanting a G Nex can get one....for now...
Amazing that all this hoopla and it can still go to trial. What were the fanboys even arguing or gloating about? Madness......fanboyism is a disease...seriously.
17. blade (Posts: 32; Member since: 28 May 2012)
f**k apple for this childish behaviour you have to pay fo this mind you when google gets notification patent we will raise a petion to ban iphone and remove the feature
and then youll get the taste of your own medicine fuccccccckkk apple
18. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1677; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yea suck it Apple, I already see faggots trying to sell a GNEX for $400 just because its not available right now.
28. paulyyd (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
you sir, are a faggot. Nice screen name by the way….Lol
29. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I accidentally gave you thumbs up instead of thumbs down. Had to clarify that. You realize your name is paulyd?
Just had to make sure.
19. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
yay! i hope we get some in my store. i want to sell these mofos.
apple, your iphone 4 has stood the test of time for me the last two years but just stop. seriously, youre pissing me off to the point were i may just get the S3.
20. Rocksteady (unregistered)
Good thinking, I'm sure you have already had a good spin with a decent android device, same thing for the iphone.
So, for sure you can tell which of the systems give more power and control for the user.
22. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i have a pretty good idea on which devices have decent battery life. my iphone has damn good battery life but i think its time to venture off to bigger and better things.
23. Rocksteady (unregistered)
True, if you prefer devices with good battery life, then I can advice you to check out the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, it's got a 3300 Mah.
Or even wait for the Droid HD, hope they supply it with a similar battery. It won't let you down.
24. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i would get the maxx but i have AT&T and unlimited data. im a heavy user on data even after my wifi use. so i dont want to switch if i can keep the unlimited data.
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6900; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
oh finally another good judge suspends this ridicules ban. I'm pretty sure APPLE would find some other Apple loving judge to over rule. this SHYT HAVE TO STOP NOW. We are all getting sick and tired of Apple's B.S.
26. threeline (Posts: 261; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Does this mean that the Sprint and Verizon versions of the G-Nex will be updated to 4.1 immediately as well since it contains the same search function that apple says is patented and 4.1 Jelly Bean fixes that issue?
31. prototype (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Jul 2012)
A win for the people! Is the consumers the chose which phone they want buy not apple.
38. pegasso (Posts: 218; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
"HTC won a London court ruling against Apple Inc. (AAPL) over patents for touchscreen technology used for its mobile devices, including Apple’s slide-to-unlock feature.
HTC’s devices don’t infringe four Apple patents for the
technology and three of those patents are invalid, Judge
Christopher Floyd said yesterday..."