Appeals Court says Samsung GALAXY Nexus sales can continue during trial
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Jul 2012, 19:46
The U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has continued the temporary stay that allows Samsung to continue to sell the Samsung GALAXY Nexus; the appeal of the preliminary injunction will take place on August 20th with a decision due in the days or weeks afterward...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 30 Jul 2012, 19:55 4 3
I'd still like to know how Apple is claiming loss when they are the highest in smart phone profits.
3. Mxyzptlk posted on 30 Jul 2012, 20:08 4 27
It's a loss when a competitor steals your likeness and designs and implements on their phones. It's kind of ironic. People want Android, but they choose a phone that has many design and UI cues from the iPhone.
6. Droid_X_Doug posted on 30 Jul 2012, 20:13 2 2
It is only a loss when the loss is ruled on and sustained by the inevitable appeal. Until then, it is speculative and nothing more.
7. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 30 Jul 2012, 20:15 2 1
Yet to be proven, it's only the first day of trial.
I don't know of anyone, nor heard of anyone that bought an Android phone because they felt it looked like an iPhone. Everyone I do know bought Android phones because they don't look like iPhones.
15. JC557 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 21:45 0 1
I'm guessing you've never seen the Galaxy Nexus in person...
16. warriorbeats posted on 30 Jul 2012, 21:45 1 0
SOOOOOO TRUUEEEE HAHAH watch me get a bunch of thumbs down now
2. Droid_X_Doug posted on 30 Jul 2012, 19:58 4 1
Dang. Another loss for Apple. What happened to their open-and-shut case?
21. Droid_X_Doug posted on 31 Jul 2012, 01:47 2 1
A sale to Sammy is a sale lost by Apple? Further, I am still waiting for your reply to my question as to why Apple didn't file a motion for summary judgement if their case was so compelling.
23. gwuhua1984 posted on 31 Jul 2012, 14:37 0 0
The truth is... he isn't going to reply to your question, because he doesn't have an answer. It's a thing that he does, whenever he loses an debate, he'll pretend the debate never existed. Welcome to taco world.
4. Mxyzptlk posted on 30 Jul 2012, 20:09 1 22
If Google tells you(samsung) to stop copying, then you know something's wrong.
8. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 30 Jul 2012, 20:16 1 1
Likely Google didn't know about Samsung's prototype models. Nothing has to be wrong.
9. Droid_X_Doug posted on 30 Jul 2012, 20:17 2 1
That and $5 will get you a Vente latte at Starbucks. A trial is underway to determine wether Sammy copied Apple.
11. tedkord posted on 30 Jul 2012, 20:22 10 2
If only someone had told Apple to stop copying Sony, the LG Prada's shape, design and capacitive screen, Neonode's Swipe to unlock, Palm's grid of icons, the University of Delaware's multitouch,...
5. SonyFTW2020 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 20:11 2 0
its not a loss for either companies...This trial is a child like and in the end things need to be settled in accordance of whats best for the mobile world as a whole...Not just who stole who's ideas and who's better....This trial is going to end the way it should end
10. ibap posted on 30 Jul 2012, 20:18 0 0
So does Apple now go back and sue Google over (now-defunct) Google Desktop? How about using a dictionary and then going to dictionary.com? Or searching your personal data in the cloud?
Would Xerox please sue the whole world over the use of the mouse?
13. tedkord posted on 30 Jul 2012, 20:25 4 0
Xerox did sue Apple over their theft of the GUI. Fortunately, at that time our country had sane patent laws, and software patents didn't exist, so they lost.
Today, with our paid for legislators, software patents have been slipped in, and we're all paying the price for it.
12. roscuthiii posted on 30 Jul 2012, 20:23 3 1
Judge Koh should be removed from the bench... she's the only judge rubber stamping anything Apple tosses at the court.
14. InspectorGadget80 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 21:06 4 3
FCKING crAAPLE. At least the judge lets them sell the GALAXY NEXUS. They shouldn't have to worried bout their stupid a$$ stocks
17. networkdood posted on 30 Jul 2012, 21:46 4 2
Well, if it is found out that Samsung copied Apple, then at least they improved on what APPLE does (as apple moves at a snail's pace when it comes to innovation).
18. networkdood posted on 30 Jul 2012, 21:52 5 1
Innovation to APPLE is having your 400 pound aunt Flo sit on your beloved iphone making it a little bigger all around....and thinner, too.