Appeals Court says Samsung GALAXY Nexus sales can continue during trial
0. phoneArena 30 Jul 2012, 19:46 posted on
The U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has continued the temporary stay that allows Samsung to continue to sell the Samsung GALAXY Nexus; the appeal of the preliminary injunction will take place on August 20th with a decision due in the days or weeks afterward...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Aeires (unregistered)
I'd still like to know how Apple is claiming loss when they are the highest in smart phone profits.
3. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 7167; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It's a loss when a competitor steals your likeness and designs and implements on their phones. It's kind of ironic. People want Android, but they choose a phone that has many design and UI cues from the iPhone.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It is only a loss when the loss is ruled on and sustained by the inevitable appeal. Until then, it is speculative and nothing more.
7. Aeires (unregistered)
Yet to be proven, it's only the first day of trial.
I don't know of anyone, nor heard of anyone that bought an Android phone because they felt it looked like an iPhone. Everyone I do know bought Android phones because they don't look like iPhones.
15. JC557 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I'm guessing you've never seen the Galaxy Nexus in person...
16. warriorbeats (Posts: 21; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
SOOOOOO TRUUEEEE HAHAH watch me get a bunch of thumbs down now
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Dang. Another loss for Apple. What happened to their open-and-shut case?
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
A sale to Sammy is a sale lost by Apple? Further, I am still waiting for your reply to my question as to why Apple didn't file a motion for summary judgement if their case was so compelling.
23. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
The truth is... he isn't going to reply to your question, because he doesn't have an answer. It's a thing that he does, whenever he loses an debate, he'll pretend the debate never existed. Welcome to taco world.
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 7167; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
If Google tells you(samsung) to stop copying, then you know something's wrong.
8. Aeires (unregistered)
Likely Google didn't know about Samsung's prototype models. Nothing has to be wrong.
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
That and $5 will get you a Vente latte at Starbucks. A trial is underway to determine wether Sammy copied Apple.
11. tedkord (Posts: 7624; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
If only someone had told Apple to stop copying Sony, the LG Prada's shape, design and capacitive screen, Neonode's Swipe to unlock, Palm's grid of icons, the University of Delaware's multitouch,...
5. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
its not a loss for either companies...This trial is a child like and in the end things need to be settled in accordance of whats best for the mobile world as a whole...Not just who stole who's ideas and who's better....This trial is going to end the way it should end
10. ibap (Posts: 732; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
So does Apple now go back and sue Google over (now-defunct) Google Desktop? How about using a dictionary and then going to dictionary.com? Or searching your personal data in the cloud?
Would Xerox please sue the whole world over the use of the mouse?
13. tedkord (Posts: 7624; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Xerox did sue Apple over their theft of the GUI. Fortunately, at that time our country had sane patent laws, and software patents didn't exist, so they lost.
Today, with our paid for legislators, software patents have been slipped in, and we're all paying the price for it.
12. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Judge Koh should be removed from the bench... she's the only judge rubber stamping anything Apple tosses at the court.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
FCKING crAAPLE. At least the judge lets them sell the GALAXY NEXUS. They shouldn't have to worried bout their stupid a$$ stocks
17. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Well, if it is found out that Samsung copied Apple, then at least they improved on what APPLE does (as apple moves at a snail's pace when it comes to innovation).
18. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Innovation to APPLE is having your 400 pound aunt Flo sit on your beloved iphone making it a little bigger all around....and thinner, too.
19. sarb009 (Posts: 296; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
apple oh apple why dont u just rott fully.