App for HTC ThunderBolt turns on and off LTE connection
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Apr 2011, 12:58
In an effort to prolong battery life on the HTC ThunderBolt, the LTE OnOFF app has been created which allows owners of the HTC ThunderBolt to turn off the connection to Verizon's 4G LTE pipeline; those who have left comments on the Android Market swear that the app does save battery life on the handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rock8steady (unregistered) posted on 03 Apr 2011, 13:39 1 1
Definitely gives me a couple more hours. I tested it yesterday on cdma (auto). Also gave me a chance to test the difference between 4g and 3g speeds. Twice as fast as 3g is a good approximation for 4g.
8. jogutier posted on 21 Apr 2011, 16:12 1 0
Not sure, but I get better battery by just leaving it alone rather then using this app. Personal opinion, don't shoot the messenger. :)
2. D2balla (unregistered) posted on 03 Apr 2011, 14:40 0 2
Or you can just do *#*#(info)#*#*
3. tedkord posted on 03 Apr 2011, 14:59 2 4
There's no need to curse.
Jeez, whatta mouth on that guy.
6. Misanthropos posted on 04 Apr 2011, 15:39 2 2
agreed. don't you think the phone should come with the option by default anyways? how does that make sense?
5. kocho (unregistered) posted on 03 Apr 2011, 20:04 2 2
Thanks. Always appreciate updates on the Thunderbolt. This app is nice since it has the pop-up if you forget which settings to change.
Network, by Phillip Mangelow----- it does the same thing, but without the pop up.
Phone info, by SC@Taiwan------ Gets into broader settings, where you can go into phone. Can also look into battery details.
7. luis_lopez_351 posted on 04 Apr 2011, 18:28 1 2
LMAO someone is doing the thumbsdown spree x) (not me, no sarcasm)