Apology accepted: it took Google just a day to return easy offline caching back in the new Maps app
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2013, 04:44 posted on
After the public outcry on blogs and forums, the company urged its Android team to fix the issue quickly, and offline maps is now even more prominently placed than it was before the update. Google issued the following memo to announce the change before the new Maps app has even rolled out to everybody...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2104; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Great advertisement, millions talking about Maps without Google spending a dime, and the public drama is over in 24 hours.
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2104; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
With that said not having the update on Gingerbread yet... do your old personal maps still work offline or u have to download the regions again?
2. boosook (Posts: 914; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
now we'll see how much it takes them to realize that adding a menu item to access the history in Chrome would be a better option than having to write "chrome://history" in the location bar...
7. saadgadit (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 May 2012)
goto history>show full history.. or just ctrl+Y
Isnt that simple??
9. lallolu (Posts: 229; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
A lot of problems come from not really understanding a product rather than the product not being goog enough.
10. networkdood (Posts: 6253; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
On chrome Beta, on my Nexus 7, tap the symbol to the right of the address bar and select history.
4. ajonly (Posts: 14; Member since: 25 May 2013)
Release it for WP8. all the google maps clients in Wp8 store doesn't have offline option. Some google restrictions. (Atleast for me GMaps is giving more details than Here maps)
6. mishooo111 (Posts: 30; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
please google, make this feature available on ios too !!!!
8. juandante (Posts: 237; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
After more than 5 years since the first release of Gmaps............................ -_-"" Want to sell their online services.........