Another video of the Microsoft Surface appears, showing features that set it apart from the iPad
0. phoneArena 16 Oct 2012, 17:53 posted on
As we get closer to the release of the Microsoft Surface tablet, the Redmond based company is swamping the interwebs with video about the device; the latest video is an overview about the tablet including the touch cover and the type cover...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JoeDega (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
How much did Microsoft pay for this article? But really.... How much
2. Rydsmith (Posts: 89; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
By that logic, then every news site must be getting quite of bit of Redmond's money.
Sorry today does not belong to the iCrowd, you'll get your moment in the sun next week with the reveal of the iPod Touch 2.
8. -box- (Posts: 3564; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So any news article is somehow paid for, rather than simply newsworthy? Unlike other articles, seemingly predominantly apple-related, which are regurgitated ad infinitum about any possible detail or change, this actually relates to something exciting and truly innovative, something which pushes the envelope of technology, use, and fiction, rather than trying repeatedly to eke out thinner and more fragile devices with marginally improved capabilities just to sell devices that only do, rather than inspire or instigate creativity
20. -box- (Posts: 3564; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Function, not fiction (autocorrect, argh)^^
13. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
How much did they paid you to post this comment? But really.. How much
24. aritradas (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
there are only one price.....jealousy!!!!!!
3. Rydsmith (Posts: 89; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Rather happy I have mine pre-ordered.
Don't know if anyone has seen the site yet but the 32GB w/o TP is no longer available for the 26th and will ship within 3 weeks, sounds like there was actually demand.
4. RandomlyPsychotic (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i love my ipad but dang, surface tablet is making me rethink. me like usb ports and office. documents to go and pages are not that good >.
5. AnTuTu (Posts: 598; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Giving away my HP Envy laptop to my gf :p for this beauty :)
21. -box- (Posts: 3564; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Probably have to wait for the Pro then, but that would be up to Rockstar
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5632; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Its a good start ad for the SURFACE. The only thing that got me sold on it is the keyboard. but my question is i don't see Apple suing M$
9. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
because if they do that counter lawsuits are coming. apple sue 3 patents while the counter is more than 10. Remember that Microsoft has more patent than apple
22. -box- (Posts: 3564; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I believe Microsoft and apple have an agreement that the Surface is inviolate. Besides, Microsoft is still part-owner of apple last I checked.
10. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1433; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Good stuff :-),,, but ill wait on pricing, for the surface pro
11. KickRocks (Posts: 95; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
I am impressed. Was looking for a reason to possibly dump my tab 10.1. This might be my answer. Need to do a little more research plus pricing and carrier availability will be needed to make a solid decision.
12. jimjam (Posts: 228; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
Would have bought one for $350. Now I will wait and try one and see what everyone else comes out with in Oct/Nov before making a decision.
14. agentoj (Posts: 94; Member since: 29 Oct 2009)
This tablet is just a monster. I mean if you really do want to be productive there is no reason to get another tablet.
15. rassouli5 (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Why DOESN'T everyboy mention THIS!!!!!!!
It's GREATEST FEAUTURE is it SUPPORTS......."EXE"
17. Wissenschaft (Posts: 10; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
THE Biggest difference between Win 8 and IOS/Android is: LIVE TILES. They are like widgets-even better- which really make u feel alive and connected. This connection is way beyond the other two OSs mentioned above. They have dead, static interfaces.
How can anyone see a comparison. In the phone segment, Nokia build quality is another feature which samsung could never boast, nor can apple do it anymore
18. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
i will never by Surface, the reason is that windows store lacks multitouch apps, both camera are 720p though no 1 uses tablet camera for recording but at times you have, the screen is s**t, and the processor is crap, they could have used snapdragon.....Office is the only cool feature of surface and as it is coming to android and ios, i guess that there is no need to get surface
19. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i am really amaze for this surface phone!!! really amazing!!!
but im really looking forward for nokia's lumia tablet! :)
25. 7thspaceman (Posts: 896; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
the for real PC users are waiting for the Surface PRO because it runs full desktop PC and laptop programs where as the "surface RT only runs Microsoft Rt tiles style apps
that are on the window 8 start screen. Microsoft is trying to get as many developers as
it can to write the tile style apps for the Surface RT that just went on sale. do not worry
the apps will come because this is a great General tablet computer like the Ipad or the High end Androin Jelly bean tablet computers. it's Unique design and the fact that old
Microsoft will support the Surface RT to the max because it is Microsoft's low end tablet
computer. it's HIch end is the Microsoft Surface pro which runs full PC program .
28. atsamman (Posts: 72; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Even thoug this looks like a really great tablet but still apple will have the best by far app store than both android and microsoft
It's frustrating when trying to find an app on android