Another suicide at Foxconn: employee jumps off a building
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Jun 2012, 08:40
On Wednesday, another Foxconn employee jumped off a build in what’s the first suicide in the factory known most for making Apple products…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. Synack posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:20 21 9
Yes RIP, and stop buying so many damn iOS devices or you'll overflow Foxconn workers and this happens. Go to ICS, it's much better.
12. HTCFreak posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:29 14 13
People will get what will suit them best, no need to tell them what to do!
18. denied911 (banned) posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:57 2 1
not reall, that is job for commercials and marketing
27. adi4u4882 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 11:05 0 3
Did you even read the article?
It clearly says all of them work in the assembling section.
49. denied911 (banned) posted on 14 Jun 2012, 16:00 0 8
I didn't talk about that so F oFF
58. sithman (banned) posted on 14 Jun 2012, 18:59 1 1
62. MISTER-H (banned) posted on 14 Jun 2012, 19:58 0 1
Taco and galli must be laughing there ass of...
77. hiBreed posted on 15 Jun 2012, 16:17 1 0
'that employee' was an iDiot he easily could have resigned, suicide is never the way, who knows, he might be in hell now. I still hate apple though
2. goflet posted on 14 Jun 2012, 08:43 10 2
the photo tells everything..imagine living in an apartment which has suicide nets..very cool
3. Jay_F posted on 14 Jun 2012, 08:46 18 1
So instead of quitting and finding another job, they choose suicide as the way out. Is there something other than the long hours and non-optimal work conditions that's making them go crazy over there? Are the bosses threatening their families if they leave? Why kill yourself over some job?
5. davecann2 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:08 7 5
I have to agree with you. There has to be something more than just a crappy job that making these poor souls end thier life. I think a full investigation is warranted. It seems like we always presume it’s all about Foxconn when it could be completely unrelated.
22. jmoita2 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 10:27 7 3
Sure, spew your Apple propaganda. I'm sure that working 6 to 7 days a week, for as long as 14 hours daily for starvation wages with no breaks has nothing to do with it. I wonder how long you would last under those conditions.
50. davecann2 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 16:35 3 4
How can you accuse me of spewing Apple propaganda with the comment I made. I didn’t say that it wasn’t Foxconn's fault.. .I simply stated that there COULD be other reasons worker are killing themselves...
Judging by many of the other comments you have posted in other articles... Maybe you should stop and think for a second before posting.
59. sithman (banned) posted on 14 Jun 2012, 19:02 2 1
Well said davecann. Jmoita does make some really stupid uninformed comments. Just ignore him/her
63. MISTER-H (banned) posted on 14 Jun 2012, 20:00 1 2
iFan supporting a greedy filthy evil company...
25. remixfa posted on 14 Jun 2012, 11:03 9 0
you dont "quit" jobs in china. you get fired and permanently black listed for all jobs in that area. you can also be arrested. it also affects your family because you bring "shame" on yourself and to your family and people start to treat you different. Add that to the long hours, the fact that they are forced to sleep 4 people per closet, crap pay, not allowed to socialize most of the day, and more. Oh and whenever they get a "raise", the cost of everything on the facility goes up to compensate.. so they are not getting much of a raise.
China is not the US. They dont have the same culture and they dont have anywhere near the rights.
32. gallitoking posted on 14 Jun 2012, 12:15 2 16
then is their culture at fault and not Apple. is 2012 when people commits suicides is no ones fault but yourself
33. remixfa posted on 14 Jun 2012, 12:17 7 1
Ahh.. here is the iDefence league's junior member now. Thanks for clarifying.. lol
34. jmoita2 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 12:22 6 1
First, please learn proper English. Secondly, shame on you!!!
39. gallitoking posted on 14 Jun 2012, 13:06 1 13
me not knowing English is irrelevant to the topic.. but coming form a low life like you.. why shame on me.. lots of people commits suicide everyday and there is lots of information out there, internet,.. we can only do so much a society.. I feel bad for the person, but not guilty..
43. Droid_X_Doug posted on 14 Jun 2012, 14:21 2 1
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, your ability to communicate in English is going to affect how your message is received by readers of this site. Check your thumbup/down score.
48. gallitoking posted on 14 Jun 2012, 15:48 2 8
there are lots of readers that English is their second language so I dont see what is the problem besides people born here still write lie cr@p and what is their escuse?... thumbup/down means nothing to me.
61. sithman (banned) posted on 14 Jun 2012, 19:09 1 1
Speak your mind bro. That's what freedom is all about, who cares if someone doesn't like it.
67. MISTER-H (banned) posted on 14 Jun 2012, 20:04 1 1
It means nothing to u... Cause uve got no self-respect.....
52. medicci37 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 17:54 2 3
@ gallitoking I would be more than happy to compensate your family if you will commit suicide. Just name your price :-)
56. sun0066 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 18:54 1 0
65. MISTER-H (banned) posted on 14 Jun 2012, 20:02 0 1
55. jmoita2 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 18:22 1 2
Well, start feeling guilty...if you own an iPhone.
66. MISTER-H (banned) posted on 14 Jun 2012, 20:03 0 1
35. PhoneArenaUser posted on 14 Jun 2012, 12:42 4 1
What you just have said is really mean...
40. gallitoking posted on 14 Jun 2012, 13:09 1 6
what is it that is mean?.. commiting suicide is a cowardly way out. we should confront our problems.. I feel bad because but again.. not guilty
51. poojaroy posted on 14 Jun 2012, 16:36 2 1
u r an ass u fool gallitoking y dnt u understand commiting lots of suicide at same place means thers sum reason behind...now u understand other ppl view
75. PhoneArenaUser posted on 15 Jun 2012, 07:48 0 0
Your statement was...
64. MISTER-H (banned) posted on 14 Jun 2012, 20:01 1 1
After all that u still support Apple... Your a disgrace
to society and public...
45. Droid_X_Doug posted on 14 Jun 2012, 14:23 0 1
Kind of how a little calf feels once they are put in the veal box.... Only the calf has no option - they are going to be veal whether they like it or not.
7. AndroidTroll posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:16 7 0
I think it's a lack of socialization. They aren't even allowed to speak to their roommate or even know each other's names. All beings need to socialize.
38. downphoenix posted on 14 Jun 2012, 12:51 1 1
well considering there are over 1 million people that work for Foxconn, who's to say it is anything other than long hours and poor work conditions? The suicides are sad, and should never happen, but it is a tiny, tiny fraction of Foxconn's overall workforce.
69. microsoftnokiawin posted on 14 Jun 2012, 20:21 2 0
i'm prettu sure there is not a lot of job availability for people in china
30. VJo003 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 11:56 8 0
u didn't understand did u....folks are committing suicide & apple is amassing cash in their balance sheet...that's what they care about & hence the sarcasm
6. wmdprod posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:10 3 1
hmm... 1.2 million workers putting phones together? Why not have allll of those jobs brought over to the U.S i know a whole lot of people that wouldnt mind a job. oh but at least ...."independent report found no huge violations of Chinese law"
24. jmoita2 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 10:35 3 0
Because Apple would have to make about $80.00 less per iPhone sold. What a horrible concept, right?
9. thedarkside posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:22 8 1
its the same thing with walmart factories in china, only worse.
10. andro. posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:25 4 4
Terrible news,No doubt pressure has been upped lately on the workers to make the iphone 5.
11. destr0y3r posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:27 7 7
Lmao I find it hilarious how fandroids are blaming Apple for this when even HP/Dell/Lenovo, Samsung outsource their production to ODMs like this.
Not to mention even Samsung have their own sweatshop in Indonesia and Vietnam that pays even lower than Foxxcon in China.
13. Synack posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:33 6 2
Except Indonesians care about their families and don't commit suicide.
17. EvoHero posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:47 3 0
I don't find anything hilarious about this, but you're right about how other companies use Foxconn besides Apple. Most Samsung tv boards are manufactured there, as well as products from Nokia, Nintendo and others. So this is a problem that stems from the tech manufacturing industry itself, not Apple.
But Apple has the bargaining power to change the way Foxconn treats its employees. It doesn't seem the changes made in the last couple years are drastic enough. I understand that a certain percentage of any population will commit suicide, but I think that doing it at your job like this is meant to be a statement.
14. Mitchel posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:33 6 5
Poor employee. He probably realized how awful the upcoming iPhone is. Just too bad.. :(
15. lancekik posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:36 4 2
its china, Apple(steve jobs) uses them as slave labor so we can have low prices & large profit.. Steve Jobs what a hero, glad he isnt around any more....
19. Mitchel posted on 14 Jun 2012, 09:58 6 2
Hmm, i agree.. Samsung have a factory on Texas just dedicated for producing several components for iPhone but Apple couldn't even build their own factory on US? What the?!
26. remixfa posted on 14 Jun 2012, 11:04 5 1
im waiting for the iJustify team. Where are they? Tell me how IM wrong for wanting these conditions stopped, and that its really OK.
28. EclipseGSX posted on 14 Jun 2012, 11:10 5 2
iDrones don't care as long as they get their precious fruit
37. gallitoking posted on 14 Jun 2012, 12:44 2 3
you are not wrong on wanting to change the conditions. nobody will dispute that, at least here... the problem is that some blame Apple, and Apple having a bargaining chip.. but reality is that we don't know the whole deal for us to point fingers..
54. medicci37 posted on 14 Jun 2012, 18:13 1 1
@ gallito But you are pointing fingers. Blaiming the person who committed suicide. When, as you put it... "We don't know the whole deal"
41. CRICKETownz posted on 14 Jun 2012, 13:35 1 1
Everything points to Apple smh. World hunger? Apple's fault. Animal abuse? Apple's fault. Domestic violence? Apple's fault. Like an earlier poster said various companies go thru Foxconn or something like them (including beloved Android supporter Samsung) yet no one wants to acknowledge that...it's yet again about attacking Apple. For all we know this guy could of committed suicide b/c he was facing jail time for leaking proprietary information. We don't know. It's an unfortunate event but what's even more unfortunate/stupid is that Android lovers use this as another opportunity to point fingers at Apple. Some people just live to argue for no good reason...too bad most of them associate themselves w/Android. Grow the hell up people.