Another software update due for the HTC ThunderBolt soon?
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Jul 2011, 23:43
Even though the HTC ThunderBolt received its second software update last week, we've got word from one of our tipsters that another update may only be a couple weeks away. The customer had contacted Verizon support via e-mail this week due to some issues with their ThunderBolt and was told about a new update that is due out soon.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. idaman12000 posted on 16 Jul 2011, 02:01 2 0
Gingerbread update please along with louder volume through speakerphone and earpiece. Better signal bars on phone and faster loading when phone is either turned on or restarted.
28. me (unregistered) posted on 22 Jul 2011, 18:00 0 0
There is a setting for that. Fast boot
3. idaman12000 posted on 16 Jul 2011, 02:03 0 0
One last thing for improvement is longer extended battery life
4. funny stuff (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 04:34 0 0
same shtuff was said about the g2x. "update could be happening very soon" this was said on the third of MAY. i wasnt holding my breath then and will continue to breath easy
5. DROIDX0430 posted on 16 Jul 2011, 08:58 1 3
problem after problem.. complete failire of a phone. should have never been released. i had six of the tb and when the 7th one started rebooted i told vw to send me a charge. motorola realized the bionic was not ready and the phone was sent back to production to fix all the errors. htc releases a phone with problems and then try to fix with constant otas over thr air updates
6. downbeat4 posted on 16 Jul 2011, 09:36 3 0
Sucks that so many people are having issues. Mine has been nearly perfect...not as good as my Incredible, but I still have my original.
21. CRICKETownz posted on 17 Jul 2011, 22:07 0 0
thumbs up for both of you for not being the whiny complaining posters that plague this site.
24. ns (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 11:23 0 0
Mine works pretty good. Battery was too short but they sent me a replacement battery and I uninstalled task killer and now its not horrible. Other than battery life though mine's been great. In terms of long start up times...who cares, once a week when I shut my phone I have to wait a minute..boo hoo. Even if it was once a day, how often do you really start up your phone that it makes such a difference.
7. JB (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 10:06 1 0
Personally I did not do the other software update - nor will I do this one. It was worth it, as all of the issues are not fixed, to keep the free mobile hotspot.
The only thing that would be better than free mobile hotspot is Gingerbread.
8. dissapointed (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 10:25 1 3
This phone continues to become one of the worst phones i ever purchased, I shold of stuck with my original droid
9. rich (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 11:38 3 0
I also think it sucks people r having problems. I'm on my first and it has been nothin but great. Loved my incredible and I love my TB also. Maybe im just lucky
11. david hum (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 11:58 0 1
Wow.... good thing i didn't get the thunderbolt and got the incredible 2 instead. My droid incredible 2 actually has gingerbread and none of those pesky issues the thunderbolt has. :P
12. beatlesfan posted on 16 Jul 2011, 12:01 3 0
My lists of smartphones within the last year and a half or 2 years include: BB Pearl, 8330 Curve, 8530 Curve, Storm, Tour, Moto Droid 1, Palm Pixi, HTC Incredible, and finally the Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt blows every other phone out of the water in terms of ability.
16. koutrelakos posted on 17 Jul 2011, 08:28 0 1
Had the Incredible a year, it was better than any Thunderbolt. It can't be blowing it outta the water when the battery can't last 7 hours on normal use. That's a computer, not a phone. Thanks for being a guinea pig.
17. beatlesfan posted on 17 Jul 2011, 13:45 1 0
If your only complaint is the battery life you're silly. First off, it's got a much larger screen, and secondly it has LTE so I knew damn well the battery life wouldn't be that great. And honestly the battery lasts me just as long or nearly as long as my incredible did.
13. HTC_Fan23 (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 15:20 1 0
I have had only 2 TB but its was due to my volume button not working. I love my phone and don't want anything else
14. shawndog1 posted on 16 Jul 2011, 21:09 1 0
Me and my wife are on our originals with no issues .
15. biophone posted on 17 Jul 2011, 00:07 0 3
I had a thunderbolt and loved it but it had problems. Hopefully VZW fixes them. At least now i have an iphone and this phone is amazing.
18. ajk23az (unregistered) posted on 17 Jul 2011, 15:45 0 0
If you want longer battery life, try an app called "2x Battery". When you turn your screen off, it automatically shuts off data connection and every 15 minutes, it will turn it on and gather the text messages and push notifications you would have received otherwise. Battery lasts all day for me!
23. haes (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 10:23 0 0
Nice article.Thanks for sharing. Project Management Services
25. dickenson posted on 18 Jul 2011, 12:07 0 0
I wonder why we have not had any news about HTC Inspire 4G and the Gungerbread update. The Infuse 4G is one of their most popular phone ever released.
26. spikeb (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 18:36 0 0
Just got of the phone with HTC the lady said gingerbread was out and when I said it wasn't she started talking about the weather. Lol quality costumer support right there
27. BoltofThunder (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 18:22 0 0
What's with all the complaining? I have had no problems with the phone? I got the first OTA, but it was my ignorance that got me out! XD I attempted to root, failed, but still had lower firmware, manually downloaded this update 2 days ago, and boom! It's an awesome phone, its just your expectations are outrageous.