Another security update for Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S III as Verizon pre-orders now ship July 19th
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Jul 2012, 16:26
Sprint and Samsung have teamed up for another security update for the carrier's version of the Samsung Galaxy S III; at the same time, the latest word from Verizon is that those who purchase the device on line will have to wait until July 19th for it to ship...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ObjectivismFTW posted on 09 Jul 2012, 16:40 1 1
Verizon is so unbelievably pathetic. The few times they get a true flag-ship device, they make their customers wait and wait. Unbelieveable
5. Courtimus posted on 09 Jul 2012, 17:40 0 0
The device is on back order because of the number of requests for it. they're aren't delaying the release of it again. Same thing happened with the iPhone 4s
9. ObjectivismFTW posted on 09 Jul 2012, 18:26 0 0
I know, but it's one thing if the date is pushed back once, twice, but were talking about three times here, and pre-orderers like me who didn't even get theirs yet --- which took the entire point out of even pre-ordering.
And it's not like they just kept moving it back. It was set for July 9th first. Then pushed back to 10th which was fine. Then 11th which got annoying. Then back to 10th which was a sigh of relief, then ... 12th? It's pretty embarrassing to think they don't have an accurate measure of how many devices are being requested compared to how many are available this close to release. Not even the iPhone 4s release was knocked around this much.
11. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jul 2012, 18:31 0 0
if you've already pre ordered it I'm sure it'll be here by the end of the week. o:
13. str8tripin posted on 09 Jul 2012, 19:33 0 0
Was supposed to be shipped July 11th but got it today... preordered on June 21st I think
16. mikeguy1981 posted on 09 Jul 2012, 20:32 0 0
I ordered my 32gb blue galaxy s3 on june 20th through verizon and I just got shipping info due to be delivered 7/11.
18. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jul 2012, 20:42 0 0
i ordered my sister's on like the 26th or something and it came today but i wasn't home to sign for it so i have to wait until tomorrow. xD
23. tedkord posted on 10 Jul 2012, 04:37 0 0
Yeah, I preordered on the 27th, and mine shipped yesterday. I'll have it tomorrow.
14. Boohoo posted on 09 Jul 2012, 20:01 1 2
You should change your handle to ObjectivismFWP (First World Problem)
17. mikeguy1981 posted on 09 Jul 2012, 20:35 1 0
They are not waiting, mine was shipped 7/7 and I think the date on there web site reflects when it will be shipped as if you were to purchase it today not when the pre-orders ship. I believe most pre-orders have been shipped.
21. Otterbox (banned) posted on 09 Jul 2012, 20:58 0 0
That's what happens when you catch the shiny phone syndrome.
24. tedkord posted on 10 Jul 2012, 04:38 0 0
Fortunately, more and more people are going android, and avoiding the shiny phone.
2. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 09 Jul 2012, 16:45 2 0
I wish Sprint would already send out ICS for the Epic Touch 4G along with the security update for the SGSIII.
3. som posted on 09 Jul 2012, 16:57 0 1
Now every articles mentions Galaxy S3 next time will be iPhone 5 turn.
4. som posted on 09 Jul 2012, 17:16 1 0
Is Samsung let a person who destroyed Samsung image by microwaved and burned the Galaxy S3 go free with free new phone like that. If you do that to iPhone you will be paying the investigation fees and jail time.
6. bucky posted on 09 Jul 2012, 17:43 2 1
I absolutely love the sgs3 but I can't help but wonder if that was actually the truth covered up. Samsung can play dirty as well, or any company for that matter-it's business.
7. Commentator posted on 09 Jul 2012, 17:50 0 0
Chalk it up as a learning experience. For Samsung, this is unprecedented: getting the same phone to launch across all four major carriers at the same time takes some serious logistical juggling skills, especially with possibly the most highly demanded phone in history. Hopefully next year they'll have a better idea of how many resources to pour into the GS IV.
10. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jul 2012, 18:29 0 0
my sister's came today but the dumber Fed-Ex guy was making the rounds today and decided to leave one of those notes on my door instead of leaving it in the box we have out for deliveries that EVERYONE else uses. i swear it's the one, freaking guy. >>
12. ph00ny posted on 09 Jul 2012, 18:48 0 0
I don't want to replace my Note with anything but Note 2 but my dad's S3 was too nice to pass on
19. JunitoNH posted on 09 Jul 2012, 20:43 0 0
Ladies and gentlemen be patient, Verizon is just making sure they have enough locks for everyone.
22. illegaltoast posted on 09 Jul 2012, 21:17 0 0
I ordered mine yesterday, do you guys think it will come the 19th or 12th?
25. Zumo911 posted on 10 Jul 2012, 09:41 0 0
i ordered mines on June 8th and it's still not here. Check on Verizonwireless.com for an update and they removed the expected ship date all together.
So much for a loyal customer.
26. Jango_Fred posted on 11 Jul 2012, 16:36 0 0
Not sure what is going on...I've been using my Verizon Galaxy S3 since Monday at 3:00 PM