Another security update for Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S III as Verizon pre-orders now ship July 19th
Sprint suggests that you have your battery at the 50% full (or is that 50% empty?) mark before embarking on loading the OTA update. The new software version being installed on the phone is L710VPLG2. And while Sprint customers are getting their new handset updated to be more secure, Verizon customers have just been on the receiving end of pre-ordered Samsung Galaxy S III units. On Sunday evening came word that Verizon's own web site was promoting a July 12th launch of the device in Big Red's retail locations. Now, another look at Verizon's web site shows that those pre-ordering the phone now won't have it shipped until July 19th.
source: Sprint, Verizon via Phandroid
While Sprint owners of the Samsung Galaxy S III received another security update (L), Verizon customers pre-ordering the device now won't see it shipped until July 19th
1. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Verizon is so unbelievably pathetic. The few times they get a true flag-ship device, they make their customers wait and wait. Unbelieveable
5. Courtimus (Posts: 9; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
The device is on back order because of the number of requests for it. they're aren't delaying the release of it again. Same thing happened with the iPhone 4s
9. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I know, but it's one thing if the date is pushed back once, twice, but were talking about three times here, and pre-orderers like me who didn't even get theirs yet --- which took the entire point out of even pre-ordering.
And it's not like they just kept moving it back. It was set for July 9th first. Then pushed back to 10th which was fine. Then 11th which got annoying. Then back to 10th which was a sigh of relief, then ... 12th? It's pretty embarrassing to think they don't have an accurate measure of how many devices are being requested compared to how many are available this close to release. Not even the iPhone 4s release was knocked around this much.
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if you've already pre ordered it I'm sure it'll be here by the end of the week. o:
13. str8tripin (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Was supposed to be shipped July 11th but got it today... preordered on June 21st I think
16. mikeguy1981 (Posts: 65; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I ordered my 32gb blue galaxy s3 on june 20th through verizon and I just got shipping info due to be delivered 7/11.
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i ordered my sister's on like the 26th or something and it came today but i wasn't home to sign for it so i have to wait until tomorrow. xD
23. tedkord (Posts: 4937; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yeah, I preordered on the 27th, and mine shipped yesterday. I'll have it tomorrow.
14. Boohoo (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
You should change your handle to ObjectivismFWP (First World Problem)
17. mikeguy1981 (Posts: 65; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
They are not waiting, mine was shipped 7/7 and I think the date on there web site reflects when it will be shipped as if you were to purchase it today not when the pre-orders ship. I believe most pre-orders have been shipped.
21. Otterbox (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
That's what happens when you catch the shiny phone syndrome.
24. tedkord (Posts: 4937; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Fortunately, more and more people are going android, and avoiding the shiny phone.
2. e.wvu (unregistered)
I wish Sprint would already send out ICS for the Epic Touch 4G along with the security update for the SGSIII.
3. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Now every articles mentions Galaxy S3 next time will be iPhone 5 turn.
4. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Is Samsung let a person who destroyed Samsung image by microwaved and burned the Galaxy S3 go free with free new phone like that. If you do that to iPhone you will be paying the investigation fees and jail time.
6. bucky (Posts: 1502; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I absolutely love the sgs3 but I can't help but wonder if that was actually the truth covered up. Samsung can play dirty as well, or any company for that matter-it's business.
7. Commentator (Posts: 2435; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Chalk it up as a learning experience. For Samsung, this is unprecedented: getting the same phone to launch across all four major carriers at the same time takes some serious logistical juggling skills, especially with possibly the most highly demanded phone in history. Hopefully next year they'll have a better idea of how many resources to pour into the GS IV.
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
my sister's came today but the dumber Fed-Ex guy was making the rounds today and decided to leave one of those notes on my door instead of leaving it in the box we have out for deliveries that EVERYONE else uses. i swear it's the one, freaking guy. >>
12. ph00ny (Posts: 606; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I don't want to replace my Note with anything but Note 2 but my dad's S3 was too nice to pass on
19. JunitoNH (Posts: 927; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Ladies and gentlemen be patient, Verizon is just making sure they have enough locks for everyone.
22. illegaltoast (Posts: 4; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I ordered mine yesterday, do you guys think it will come the 19th or 12th?
25. Zumo911 (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 May 2012)
i ordered mines on June 8th and it's still not here. Check on Verizonwireless.com for an update and they removed the expected ship date all together.
So much for a loyal customer.
26. Jango_Fred (Posts: 54; Member since: 17 Dec 2008)
Not sure what is going on...I've been using my Verizon Galaxy S3 since Monday at 3:00 PM